Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Uncharted 2 dated for October 13th US launch. No EU date yet.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

Apparently Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will grace shelves in the US earlier then expected (at least for me). I personally thought Sony were aiming for a November release. I think it has something to do with the fact that two high profile games are coming out the same month and Sony just wants to have as little competition as possible. If that be the case then I must say that I think Sony are making the right choice by releasing it in the US earlier.

While this news kinda screws with my video game budget plan, I can not really complain about getting to play one of my highly anticipated games earlier then expected. For the full news follow this link.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Karmum

I need to get a PS3 before October 13th then, I suppose. Damn, this game is turning out to be nice.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm sure the EU release won't be long after the US, although there are a lot of other big name games coming around the same time, they'll be the ones trying to avoid Uncharted, not the other way around.

I'm hoping we at least get some kind of collectors edition version in the UK, I was disappointed they didn't announce anything for America like this, they could really do some cool things with that..

Kazu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kazu666
    @WinterSnowblind: uhhh, there is like 5 different kinds of pre-order bonuses, depending on where you order it from.

When you have lots of pre-order content, whats the point in having a CE?

Actually...answering my own question.....they could put all the pre-order bonuses in it...but that also defeats the purpose of pre-orders...hmmm
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Pre-order bonuses aren't the same as CE.  I'd rather have some big steel case version that comes with some free tat, etc.  How about Drakes ring?
    And yeah, like you said, they could have simply given us all those bonuses rather than having to pick one.

I think I'll go with the treasure map though, have no interest in the multiplayer.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Pre-order bonuses aren't the same as CE.  I'd rather have some big steel case version that comes with some free tat, etc.  How about Drakes ring?And yeah, like you said, they could have simply given us all those bonuses rather than having to pick one.I think I'll go with the treasure map though, have no interest in the multiplayer. "
    I usually don't go for MultiPlayer but after trying the beta I must say that it works very well. Try the public beta demo when it comes out, you will like it I'm sure. 
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail
    @Karmum said:
    " I need to get a PS3 before October 13th then, I suppose. Damn, this game is turning out to be nice. "
    So MGS4 didn't do the trick, KZ2 didn't either, but uncharted 2 did?
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Karmum
    @Snail said:
    " @Karmum said:
    " I need to get a PS3 before October 13th then, I suppose. Damn, this game is turning out to be nice. "
    So MGS4 didn't do the trick, KZ2 didn't either, but uncharted 2 did? "
    I should have money to buy a Playstation 3 by then. You think I intentionally would skip MGS4, and KZ2? :|
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail
    @Karmum said:
    " @Snail said:
    " So MGS4 didn't do the trick, KZ2 didn't either, but uncharted 2 did? "
    I should have money to buy a Playstation 3 by then. You think I intentionally would skip MGS4, and KZ2? :| "
    o i c.
    KingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By KingX

I hope they EU release follows as short as possible.. but I wouldn't be suprised if we have to wait for those german transaltions, french, spanish and crap!
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Griddler

Damn, my birthday's on the 5th.. I'll ask to pre-order it then, I hope it doesn't come out too much later in UK

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.