Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Anyone else iffy on the Treasure system?

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By THRICE

I'm all for meta game especially something new in the online multiplayer scene but the treasure hunting just gives me a bad taste. I don't like that unlockables even cosmetic ones such as customization items are unlocked through a system totally governed by chance. Maybe luck just isn't on my side but I found it weird that after roughly thirty games played I've only managed to complete one set to unlock a pair of pants. 

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

Nope.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Works for Team Fortress 2.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

I like it a lot. It does take a while to get a full set, though. I am level 22, and I've only gotten two new emblem images, and 1 new piece of clothing.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By UnrealDP

I love it and i think it adds some color to the models so that i don't have to see an army of nathan drakes that look the same.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones

Very addicting I think.  Everytime a piece drops I go "OHH GOTTA GET IT!" I guess it hurts in a way since Im very focused to get it but I also think its tons of fun

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

It's perfect for laying traps <3 The actual rarity of some pieces does suck, as I've hit 25 and have only unlocked around 4 pieces of clothing, but it's addictive non the less, it's easy cash/medals and it's ultimately rewarding because of said rarity when you do finish an entire set. 

I think it'll stand out more because of how little customisation there is currently for your characters. Naturally the full game will feature a considerable amount of more characters.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grissefar

It's meant to give you some long term goals and rewards, not some predictable rewards that you unlock just by hitting level 14, and to serve that purpose it HAS to be random. In addition, the act of actually picking up the treasure is just hilar, as you are very likely to get shot sprinting across the map to get it.

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By kickinthehead

I'm nearly at level 32 and I have the majority of the treasures, but still missing several pieces of sets and others it seem are multiplayer mode specific in order to get. I really like collecting the treasures (and make a beeline whenever I see them pop up). They're nice as a long term goal and even though things unlock only on occasion, seeing the new treasure you got is kind of a reward unto itself.

Also, it's not like you end up getting the same treasure over and over again. As far as I can tell you get a medal for collecting treasures no matter what, and sometimes you have a new treasure or a temporary booster.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

i think it's a good addition to the games. i think more games should have something like that. it's just kind of like ooo a treasure right there, i have to get it. it could be a trap also.  when i played today, there were like 4 people after the treasure. i went for it and then i got killed from behind, and then he got shot from behind. it was a big thing.

today was the first time playing it.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SSully

Meh I am not a fan of the sets, it is just to damn random. I think they should make treasure droping more rare and make it so every treasure you get you get a reward, like TF2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really not a fan at all. It would be fun if it was just a thing to do on the side, but unless I'm mistaken it's directly tied to unlocking stuff, which I really hate. 

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By IBurningStar

I like it so far. I haven't played much of the beta, though. It is possible my opinion on it could change as I sink more time into it, but right now I think it is a nice addition to the game. The way it sort of gets people's attention and causes them to all flock to one area creates a lot of chaotic and fun situations. If someone was clever enough they could probably find a way to set a trap for any unwary treasure hunters that rush in blindly.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aus_azn

I'm iffy, just like I am with TF2's random drop system. I hate both.

What they should do is put a treasure in those boxes when they spawn, instead of just giving the stupid 3-Medal-Pickup, which is useless unless you're trying to streak for RPG or Creepy Crawler.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Barrock

I think it's kinda neat but I'm level 18 and haven't unlocked a single thing so far. I've gotten maybe 12 treasures or so?

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grissefar

@Barrock said:

I think it's kinda neat but I'm level 18 and haven't unlocked a single thing so far. I've gotten maybe 12 treasures or so?

Maybe you're doing it wrong. I'm 25 and I have something like 8-10 treasure sets and a ton of sets with 1-2 just 1-2 treasures. From the static chests, there's rarely any treasure (maybe in coop? I don't know), but the treasures from people, you just have to sprint back and pick up if you die.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Portis

I love it.

I didn't get much until I got past level 25-ish, though. I'm pushing 31 now, and I get random treasure drops like crazy. Every once in awhile I'll have a match where I pick up 3-4 of them. Compare that to when I was lower level, I'd be lucky to get one in a match. Just for the record, I've only ever picked up one actual treasure from the static chests -- out of a good 50 pick-ups or so.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Arebuckle

I wasn't caring on it at first, but then I unlocked a fedora for Sully. Now I'm a tad addicted to finding treasure. However the treasure seems too random, I'm currently left with many sets half completed and many completely empty. They really need to work on the drop rate for them. I really like the idea of it but it needs some tweaking. 

Now to get the mask for my pirate.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

Most have probably already caught on, but just in-case I wanna mention that you'll only unlock treasures designated to whatever character you're playing as - or the chances are at least increased substantially for that character. So if you're having an annoying stretch of playing as villains over and over, then you can expect to never unlock Sully's fedora, or those damn stylish shades for Treasure Hunter, during that run.

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By thespartandon

It's not that I hate it.

It's just I wish you'd get a better selection of items by Default. So that everyone doesn't look the exact same from the get-go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.