Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

• 55 results
    altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By altairre

Neil Druckmann posted a note that Uncharted 4 will not make 2015 which means the PS4 has one game less to be excited about this year. If you were excited for another Uncharted game to begin with.

Source

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd be excited for any game Neil Druckmann is making. But man, that's a bummer. I wonder if they are going to try to tie it in with Morpheus, which I'm sure would be insanely difficult. Then again Naughty Dog can probably do it if anyone can...

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drzing: What would Morpheus really add to a 3rd person game?

I'm not really surprised by this because I'd assumed it was a 2016 game to begin with.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DrZing

@jesus_phish said:

@drzing: What would Morpheus really add to a 3rd person game?

I'm not really surprised by this because I'd assumed it was a 2016 game to begin with.

Exactly, it was just the first cynical thing I thought of when I saw 2016. I dunno, maybe GTA-style 1st-person or something? Sony could sell Morpheus with a free Uncharted 4 code, stuff like this is why they'd want to do it, even if it was shit. All those people who are going to buy the game would probably just buy Morpheus cause that's a pretty good deal.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Oof, I'm legitimately surprised and disappointed by this news. =( Alas, if they need more time then they should have more time!

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boy, Sony is knocking it out of the park with the first party releases. We got delayed, middling launch titles for 2014 and a tech demo for 2015. Killer apps, yo.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

This does make Microsofts move to get Tomb Raider as exclusive a much wiser move on their part, but at the same time, without Uncharted looming over it, I wonder if SquareEnix would of been better off releasing it on both.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

You know I half expected this to happen. I always thought 2015 sounded very optimistic so I can't say that I'm too surprised. There will still be plenty of games out to play this year. Besides that just means that we will have a potentially really great game coming out in the spring time next year.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awful news.

But good! I hope the game turns out awesome

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Sadly I saw this coming, but hey, if it leads to a better game I have other things I can play this Fall to fill that gap (Rise of the Tomb Raider anyone?).

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm fine if this results in a more polished game, and not the broken mess that we've seen on both PS4 and Xbox One lately.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Uncharted 4 was pretty much the only PS4 game I was looking forward to this year. This is making me consider selling the console.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well there goes one of my only reasons to buy a PS4 this year.

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slang_N_Bang

I see some people comparing this to the last few years of the 360, but the major difference is that MS didn't start coasting on popularity until well after they had released an impressive number of big, quality titles.(while simultaneously making indies mainstream)

It took several years for their first party to wither up, not the first year.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks!

Takahashiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri: Then you'll have to buy it next year anyway though.^^ Although If you sell it for more then what you will be able to buy it for next year, maybe even a new model, then it's understandable I guess. But really, no interest in any other game on the ps4? :)

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That's a shame. It looks pretty enjoyable from what they've shown, so PS4 gamers having to wait longer on it sucks. Hopefully the game ends up better for it. And as @dazzhardy mentioned, Microsoft's timed exclusive deal with Tomb Raider may pay off in spades. MS could attract some fans of adventure games who are looking to scratch that itch in the 2016 holiday season, and may even move some consoles as a result. I really hope Bloodborne lives up to its billing for the sake of the PS4's 2015, as No Man's Sky may end up a 2016 game as well.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@isomeri said:

Uncharted 4 was pretty much the only PS4 game I was looking forward to this year. This is making me consider selling the console.

It's not cancelled.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Can't say I'm shocked

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Huh. 2015 looks like it's going to be another rough year for Sony's first-party lineup.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll predict it will be delayed again and will release November 2016.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

What big games besides Call of Duty Madden Assassins, are coming still to Xbox One or PS4 this year?

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Who really cares when you've got much more interesting games on the horizon like The Tomorrow Children, Enter the Gungeon and that unannounced Guerilla Games RPG? One delay and everyone loses their minds.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see some people comparing this to the last few years of the 360, but the major difference is that MS didn't start coasting on popularity until well after they had released an impressive number of big, quality titles.(while simultaneously making indies mainstream)

It took several years for their first party to wither up, not the first year.

Who are you talking to (and about)? No one even mentioned Microsoft in the topic nor the 360 until you did.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@lukeweizer:

@isomeri: Then you'll have to buy it next year anyway though.^^ Although If you sell it for more then what you will be able to buy it for next year, maybe even a new model, then it's understandable I guess. But really, no interest in any other game on the ps4? :)

Yeah, my plan was to buy a new model sometime next year. I'll wait for the E3 announcements though, and a better version of MGS5 is very appealing. But yeah looking ahead, frankly outside of the timed exclusivity of No Man's Sky there isn't much on the PS4 side of things that interests me.

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw:

Sorry, I meant generally speaking. People, like Patrick, have been saying for months that Sony is coasting off it's big lead like the 360 did. It's also a popular theory as for why Sony has been extremely lazy with the system updates compared to the One.

They have so much momentum, they evidently don't feel the need to compete.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What big games besides Call of Duty Madden Assassins, are coming still to Xbox One or PS4 this year?

All of them?

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was curious to see how this would leave Sony's first-party lineup for the rest of the year, and the only retail games I could find are Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, MLB 15: The Show and Until Dawn. That can't be right, can it? They must be holding stuff for E3.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bummer, I have to look forward to this even longer! Delays, delays, delays are the name of the game now though. I don't actually believe release dates for games until a month out at most.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising at all. I never thought this game would make 2015.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Huh... I actually didn't think it'd be delayed. I guess that puts more pressure on Bloodborne? Anyway, I'm still looking forward to it.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slang_n_bang: So them choosing to delay titles, nominally for quality purposes is considered coasting?

You have to remember that Sony studios (minus japan, wtf are they doing?) released games very late in the ps3 cycle. Microsoft isn't doing a whole lot more on this front, where is their excuse?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like another weak year regarding big titles for Sony. I wasn't expecting Uncharted 4 to not make it for this year.

sethshandor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hugely excited for another Uncharted and totally bummed with the delay... but not surprised.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Always fun to see people all in a tizzy over first party lineups. Maybe it's just not being a PC owner/gamer, but I'm just fine with any game being pushed back because there will still be plenty to play. Let them polish it up, we all know this generation could use polish more than anything right now.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I was just thinking yesterday, "Hey, I bet Uncharted won't come out." I think we all could have called that.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I bought my ps4 for bloodborne so I don't really care when uncharted 4 gets released as long as its good, but man my ps4 has been really really dusty lately. Got infamous for cheap and its good for a 20 dollar game but man is that game barebones (I think it has less going on gameplay wise than the first infamous did), I am excited for some indie games coming out soon on ps4 (axiom verge is gonna be awesome), but besides that I am much more hyped for Xbox exclusives (they even have some super solid indie titles coming out, Below was mind blowing at PAX). Although a lot of my friends are thinking of getting a PS4 later this year once MGS, Batman and Witcher come out + Bloodborne, so Sony might just be able to coast on being the superior third party system.

I liked the ps4 interface at first but now I think the xbox one interface is much superior, and all the updates really help it feel like microsoft cares. I mean for me it's nice that Sony big focus on indie stuff, but I feel like ps+ has ruined those games for me. I feel like an idiot whenever I buy one at launch since it always goes on PS+ and the only reason I am paying for PS+ at this point is for the free games. I think its kind of sad that I play my Vita way more than my PS4 and its not even new games just older psp/ps one games and remakes on Vita.

I am hoping we will eventually get some cool PS4 games from Japan, cause man its been rough.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how it's possible to be surprised when any game gets delayed.

If your game exists, it will probably be delayed at least once.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Who really cares when you've got much more interesting games on the horizon like The Tomorrow Children, Enter the Gungeon and that unannounced Guerilla Games RPG? One delay and everyone loses their minds.

Hmm i'm not sure if this is sarcasm...

Or if these are actually huge games people are looking forward to and have somehow flew under my radar.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

And no one was surprised at all. All big video games need to be delayed at least once now it seems.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh well. At least there's a new Tomb Raider game coming this year... Probably.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am kind of hoping to get myself a proper job, nay a career this year and if that works out I'm finally going to make the jump to next gen. This and Bloodborne definitely would have swayed me to PS4 but if I want to get my fix of games I'm interested in this year then I may end up going with the One now.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wacomole

Awwww. Uncharted 4 was the game I was looking forward to the most this year.

I have never got into the "Souls" games so Bloodborne was not of much interest to me.

I suppose something like Batman: Arkham Knight will have to suffice.

@gunstarred: Isn't that game only coming out on the XboxOne?

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted is delayed: that's bad

It will hopefully be better as a result: that's good!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Oh no I am so surprised!

Oh.. wait.. sorry. I thought they said Bloodborne was cancelled.

Of course it's delayed. It was delayed as soon as they said "This year!" and everyone raised an eyebrow and said "Nahh? It's not?"

Anyways curious to see what they show off at E3 from this baby. See ya in Spring, Mr. Drake.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@zombie2011 said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Hmm i'm not sure if this is sarcasm...

Or if these are actually huge games people are looking forward to and have somehow flew under my radar.

I certainly am. We got three Uncharteds along with a handheld one already. It might turn out to be a good game but really...who bought a PS4 for Uncharted 4? Crazy people I tell you. We need fresh ideas like The Tomorrow People, The Order obviously fell short but hey at least some sort of new IP was established. Bloodborbe is launching in two weeks!

A lot of Sony's 1st party studios have not shown anything yet. The internet will melt when Patapon 4 is announced.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was worried about this, but oh well. There's still a lot of cool games coming out this year.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If anything, this news means I'll have more time to play the other games coming out this year.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the Sony games out this year besides Bloodborne and No Man's Sky?

Rough.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i mean yeah of course it was

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.