Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 17, 2011

Nathan Drake pursues the legend of the Seven Cities of Gold in this PlayStation Vita exclusive prequel to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

*Spoilers* If you finished the game come share you're thoughts.

SuperCabboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperCabboy

I really liked the game, as someone who's never played an uncharted game it was a great introduction to the series. My main gripe with the game is the final boss, that touch based QTE was the worst! What did you think about the game?

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mars

I thought it was the most fun I've had playing an Uncharted game to date. Story was lame and the end battle swipe qte sucked, but, other than that I loved it. I even found myself enjoying the combat, which is a first for me in UC. I still dont get the black market and I wish there were unlockable cheats after beating the game, but I recommend this game to any action/adventure game fan. I personally feel like Jeff's review was a little harsh. This game is totally worth a purchase.

Joey_Connell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Joey_Connell

I think it's the best uncharted yet for gameplay but the story lets it down and i hated that swipe battle at the end. Still think anyone that has a vita should pick it up. It is also surprisingly lengthy, i clocked it on normal at about 10 hours and i'm going through it again on hard at the moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By 014

I thought it was a fun game worth playing. I wrote a review just now instead of making a long post here. :)

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ian280291

Great for a PORTABLE Uncharted (it annoys me when people say it's not as good as the console ones) didn't like the QTEs throughout the game-but hopefully dev's will stop using the touchscreen when they realise nobody likes it. Nearly got a platinum trophy on it add me if you want - ian280291

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By handlas

loved it as well. I agree the QTEs at the end were the least fun part. But the same thing can be said about most of the touch stuff in the game.

Perhaps it's a delusional mind trying to justify the purchase of a Vita but I enjoyed this more than Uncharted 3. Given, I haven't completed Uncharted 3 but I played through Golden Abyss in 2 weeks; I never felt bored or irritated and wanting to stop. Uncharted 3, that's how I feel. Keep hopping in and then not playing it for awhile because I'm just not having as much fun.

Also, the end cave area looks gorgeous. Aside from it being on a little portable screen I think it could easily pass as a PS3 game, seriously. I don't know what happened but it seems like the game had a graphical jump at the end. Perhaps they just couldn't render the jungle as well as they could the inside of a cave.

Hope there is a 2nd Vita Uncharted game or perhaps even a port of the 1st game or, heck, how about a prequel game with Sully. Anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.