Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

This game is SO beautiful!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By ESREVER

After having owned it for years, I FINALLY picked up my old save file (stopped at the Batomys) and completed this absolutely magnificent game. 
    The cut-scenes were absolutely gorgeous, with great animation and the art style is perfect. 

The ending even had me a little misty-eyed. Some thoughts on the spoiler-ly parts of the game.

Just out of curiosity, who was yall's favorite characters? 
    Favorite Scout: Freesia York ... If VC was like Persona in that you were able to S. Link up with your comrades, she would totally be my love interest. And she performed admirably, she ducked 7 turns in a row when being shot at by Selvaria.
    Fav. Shocktrooper: Vyse, he got shit done with barely taking a scratch. 
    Fav. Lancer: ugh... um... if I had to choose... Largo? Or maybe Jann? I don't know.
    Fav. Engineer: I used Karl a lot, but then started using Nadine more towards the end for her Repair boost. 
    Fav. Sniper: Emile, he rarely missed and knew when to duck. 
    Fav. tank strategy: When you're going up against the Marmota (not leading it, actually fighting it) I made a V-shape with my tanks with their weak spots touching in front of my camp.. This provided cover for my sniper and Engineer units while keeping their weak spots covered. Worked tremendously well, they barely got scratched. 
    Least Fav Class:  I hated the Lancers. Yes they came in handy, but gaddamn were they so inconsistent. They had me raging the most.  
    Top 10 squad members: Welkin, Alicia, Freesia, Rosie, Vyse, Largo, Jann/Yoko, Karl/Nadine, Emile, Zaka. I always used these guys. Not the best in performance when it came to relationships with each other. But still were effective. I attempted to re-make my squad to make it more relationship effective, but I was a little ways in already, and I was too attached to my current squad. 

Not since Worms: Armageddon have I cared about the well being of my team. (I use to make custom teams and give them their own stories and adventures and would end the game as soon as one of them died) I'm proud to say that none of my 7's were killed in action! ^^ 

I noticed there's also "expansion packs" available for this game... four of them. Are they worth getting?  

Saying that VC2 is one of my most anticipated games is an understatement. I just wish it was on PS3 ><
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Marina is my fav character of all...

I agree, great game.  I bought all but the Hard EX DLC (some of them were on sale months ago).  All the DLC seems at least good, but I have yet to really get deep into the DLC.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By lead_farmer
    @ESREVER: Congrats on finishing the game.  I just finished it too and now trying to A-rank everything.  Probably one of my favorite PS3 games to date.
    As far as characters, yes Vyse was a beast but Jane was just scary good for the shocktroopers.  Loved the scouts because they were so damn fast and they were real useful for me at least.

Fav scout: Juno, then probably Aika
    Shock: Jane, Vyse
    Lancer: Largo (Vegetables!!), then Hector
    Engineer: Nadine, Dallas
    Sniper: Marina, Emile

Haven't downloaded any extra stuff yet, might get the Hard mode and the Selvaria chapter.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ESREVER
    @Diamond: She was the Lone wolf sniper right? If so, I used her at first, but I guess she didn't do too well for me and I replaced her with the brothers. Which isn't fair, since the Snipers were such a gamble to use in early-game anyway.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond
    @ESREVER:  Yep, lone wolf.  Personally I felt as I played the game that the personalities of the characters mattered more to me than the slight variations in their personal stats.  Maybe if I wanted to max levels in skirmish I'd take it to another level.  Very true that snipers were so useless early on.
    ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ATrevelan

I also stopped at the Batomys. I've got to clear up some of my backlog before I dig into this again, though. I'm looking forward to it.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ESREVER
    @Diamond: I mostly chose my crew based on there potentials.
    No Darcsen haters were allowed in my squad. Plus, I always had to have the main 3 (Alicia, Rosie, and Largo) because they gave me extra command points. And I always wanted to be sure I had enough. That's why I wish you could have "promoted" whoever you wanted. In my case, Freesia and Vyse, so I could experiment with the other soldiers. But then I guess the player wouldn't develop as much of an attachment for one of the main protagonists.

@lead_farmer: Thanks! :D 

The scouts were pretty Rad. And apparently my Freesia was effing amazing. 
    The shocktroopers were pretty badass as well. I remember the mission where you showdown with Jaegar. He would drop smoke on the camps, and I would run in with Vyse and Rosie and annihilate everyone in there via flamethrower. 

VEG-ETA-BLES!! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.