Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warp

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 15, 2012

Warp is a top-down sci-fi puzzle-based action stealth game in which you play as Zero, an alien lab experiment on the loose, which can teleport through walls and into unsuspecting guards and other objects.

A Little Bit Of: WARP

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By lim_ak

Stealth puzzle games, not usually my kind of thing but it's quite fun.

I rather enjoyed this game, well after I plugged a darn controller in. The keyboard and mouse controls are beyond garbage. If I can't use a mouse cursor on the menu at some point I'm going to wonder why is it even rendered at all. More importantly why can't I use it! Yeah, plug in a controller for this game, you might actually be able to like it that way.

With that aside though I did enjoy what I've played of it. Playing as a kind of murderous teleporting orange blob kind of has an appeal. And I do enjoy the fact that when you explode a person you get covered in blood, which then falls to the ground when you next teleport. The puzzles are also largely well made, there was the odd occasion where I just sort of felt like I was cheesing the guard AI but some of that was probably me failing to see a better option. And when you get more powers you do have plenty of options around it does take some getting used to actually using them all.

Also activation of this game is about three times more complicated than it should be. Did I mention bad PC ports irritate me? Charming game, annoying trappings.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lim_ak

Stealth puzzle games, not usually my kind of thing but it's quite fun.

I rather enjoyed this game, well after I plugged a darn controller in. The keyboard and mouse controls are beyond garbage. If I can't use a mouse cursor on the menu at some point I'm going to wonder why is it even rendered at all. More importantly why can't I use it! Yeah, plug in a controller for this game, you might actually be able to like it that way.

With that aside though I did enjoy what I've played of it. Playing as a kind of murderous teleporting orange blob kind of has an appeal. And I do enjoy the fact that when you explode a person you get covered in blood, which then falls to the ground when you next teleport. The puzzles are also largely well made, there was the odd occasion where I just sort of felt like I was cheesing the guard AI but some of that was probably me failing to see a better option. And when you get more powers you do have plenty of options around it does take some getting used to actually using them all.

Also activation of this game is about three times more complicated than it should be. Did I mention bad PC ports irritate me? Charming game, annoying trappings.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Some might even call this a 'Quick Look' at Warp.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.