Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Watch Dogs PC specs (x64 only quad core minimum)

• 96 results
    Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

Here are the specs for the PC Vesion of Watch dogs and they are quite high^^

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8

Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer

Hard Drive Space: 20 GB

Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers

Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum

GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM

CPU: Quad core

RAM: 4GB

example 1

GPU: NVidia GTX 460

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Recommended

GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM

CPU: Eight core

RAM: 8GB

example 1

GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

Ultra:

GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more

CPU: Latest Eight core or more

RAM: 8GB or more

example 1

GPU: Nvidia GTX 670

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970

CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

Either its Low for me or maybe not even that. Time for a new PC^^

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally we can move on from 32-bit, should have happened years ago.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So I opened that page and saw animated ass on the right side. Not that I have a problem with animated ass, but I'm at work, and animated ass at work isn't a good thing. It wasn't a lot of ass, though, but you should probably watch out if someone sensitive to animated ass is around.

There's something appealing about typing "animated ass". The page is also in Russian, so presumably this is a sister site to gamebomb.ru.

Oh, yeah, I pass recommended specs and all that so I'm good.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I opened that page and saw animated ass on the right side. Not that I have a problem with animated ass, but I'm at work, and animated ass at work isn't a good thing. It wasn't a lot of ass, though, but you should probably watch out if someone sensitive to animated ass is around.

There's something appealing about typing "animated ass". The page is also in Russian, so presumably this is a sister site to gamebomb.ru.

Oh, yeah, I pass recommended specs and all that so I'm good.

Sorry for that. I don't see one there. Maybe because of Adblock?^^ Will edit:

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shit! 8 core processor recommended? welcome to next gen i guess...

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well shit, I guess I need a new motherboard and cpu. Maybe even a new PSU. Once you tasted the Ultra life, you can never go back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, fuck. I need to upgrade my CPU and maybe grab another 7870XT for crossfire. Or just get a whole new machine.

Fuck it, I'm just getting the PS4 version.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Its happening! Pc versions of next gen games will require much more to run them than the consoles will (this will be the case for the next 3 or 4 years). Don't think I'll be investing money in a PC after all, because those specs are just stupid

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pyrodactyl

Now I have to ask since this is only the start of this gen: how much for everything (except maybe the screen) to build a PC with recommended specs for this game?

Edit: nevermind, 600 for the GPU and CPU alone. 1100 for CPU and GPU on ultra specs (which, by looking at past history, won't even last the entire generation). People saying PC gaming is affordable are delusional.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@afabs515: They say 8 cores but an intel CPU with hyper threading covers that.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Holy Toledo! Those specs are crazy. The only thing my pc covers is the recommended RAM and video card. The PS4 is looking mighty appealing.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I have to ask since this is only the start of this gen: how much for everything (except maybe the screen) to build a PC with recommended specs for this game?

Edit: nevermind, 600 for the GPU and CPU alone. 1100 for CPU and GPU on ultra specs (which, by looking at past history, won't even last the entire generation). People saying PC gaming is affordable are delusional.

AMd's new cards should cover that for at most 300$ for the GPU for the Ultra one.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@pyrodactyl said:

AMd's new cards should cover that for at most 300$ for the GPU for the Ultra one.

You're saying the 300$ AMD card is comparable to the 500$ Nvidia card? That's fucked up.

The CPU is still 600 though.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Rowr

@pyrodactyl said:

Well technically at this stage of the current gen console cycle, if you picked up a pc able to run it at equivalent quality to a 360/ps3 it would probably be similar cost.

With the incoming consoles obviously the bar will reset given that they are basically mass produced pc's sold at a loss. PC gaming is and has been as affordable recently but obviously will set back at least a few years once the new consoles arrive.

It's worth noting some of the affordability comes in actual cost of games when factoring in steam sales etc, as well as the fact that after initially laying down money for a pc, you only should need to upgrade a couple of times over the length of a console cycle for a much better graphical payoff, by the time you upgrade your pc in another 3 years or whatever, it's pretty likely to far exceed what the next gen consoles can deliver.

So with the costs you posted. 600 dollars for recommended specs which are likely on par with ps4/one. Thats not a huge amount over the new console price once you include all the extra accessories and shit, as well as paying RRP for games all the time. It's also worth noting the cost for the gpu and cpu will likely be a few hundred dollars less within a year.

Also factor in geography. It's just plainly more affordable in many countries that aren't the USA. I paid 110 dollars for GTA 5 on the PS3 the other day. Next gen at launch here is $500 - $600.

Last cycle when the PS3 came out here it was over $1000.

"1100 for CPU and GPU on ultra specs (which, by looking at past history, won't even last the entire generation)"

Well yeh so to get a console equivalent you upgrade once now to recommended specs and in a few years you upgrade again and for the same cost and it will far exceed these ultra specs. Premium settings are always somewhere near double cost at any given time.

edit - one more thing, Ubisoft are absolutely useless at optimising their games for PC, so im not sure this should be taken as the new standard just yet.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@pyrodactyl: You really don't need Ultra specs. They look nice, but not that much nicer than the high settings. I'll be able to achieve Medium at least with my 7870, which was a $230 card last year.

And for some reason part of that is bolded and I don't feel like figuring out why.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game recommends an eight core CPU and a 560ti-level GPU?

lol, wut?

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As long as they have decent SLI support I'm sitting around ultra, and if they don't I'm still above recommended. I'm sure the CPU stuff is mostly nonsense. Other than some huge strategy games there isn't much that is CPU limited, and I'd be surprised if that changes dramatically. We'll see I guess, but I think I'd rather take my chances with the PC than get a version that is locked at 30FPS.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By squirrelnacho

@cameron said:

I'm sure the CPU stuff is mostly nonsense. Other than some huge strategy games there isn't much that is CPU limited,

Open world games have relied heavily on the CPU, look at GTA 4. A game with a lot of objects to process has different requirements than a highly detailed linear game.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to seeing what this machine can do with the game!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My hypothetical PC can't even run on recommended settings.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron said:

I'm sure the CPU stuff is mostly nonsense. Other than some huge strategy games there isn't much that is CPU limited,

Open world games have relied heavily on the CPU, look at GTA 4. A game with a lot of objects to process has different requirements than a highly detailed linear game.

ACIII, FC3, JC2, and Sleeping Dogs ran fine on lower end hardware. GTAIV is more of an exception than it is an example.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird that they say 8 core CPU and then give an example of a six core CPU. As far as I know, most i5 and i7 CPUs are quad core, while the most expensive are 6 core. Isn't AMD really the ones making 8 core CPUs (which don't really wind up being as good as a high end i7)?

Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: They say 8 core, but what I think they mean is 8 threads. (Hyper-threading)

i7 CPU's have 4 cores with 8 threads, where the 3930k has 6 cores with 12 threads.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming it's 8 threads and not 8 cores my laptop passes recommended specs. Awesome.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm solid... except for video card. My 480 meets the minimum, but just isn't cutting it anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think they mean Hyper-threading, I meet all specs other than processor where I'm on the i7-3370k.... to be honest with you I'm good to go with the next generation... YAY! Also Watchdog is going to run at 30fps on the next gen consoles, is it going to run at 1080p? It sounds like the game is either poorly optimized or the PC versions will still look vastly superior to the next run of consoles. Also as it seems processor intensive you may just need to turn down the population (if the is an option for that) and you're good to go, the GPU requirements seem very reasonable.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@andorski said:

lol, wut?

what did you expect? This is next gen hardware specs. Actually a 560ti is maybe a little low as most of them only have 1GB video ram.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Holy Toledo! Those specs are crazy. The only thing my pc covers is the recommended RAM and video card. The PS4 is looking mighty appealing.

Yep. It looks like my pc build from 3 years ago managed to perfectly segue into the launch of a ps4.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen said:

@andorski said:

lol, wut?

what did you expect? This is next gen hardware specs. Actually a 560ti is maybe a little low as most of them only have 1GB video ram.

That is what I was getting at. The discrepancy between a high end CPU with an entry level GPU from two cycles ago. Something about these specs aren't adding up.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they were wrong. The actual ones are even more demanding.

Minimum

Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit

Processor:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz

RAM:

6 GB

Video Card:

1024 VRAM DirectX 11

with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)

Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card

This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

Recommended:

Processor:

Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz

RAM:

8 GB

Video Card:

2048 VRAM DirectX 11

with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)

Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692962

Wow first 6GB Ram game ever^^

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By BigBoss1911

Holy fuck

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Specs required to play a game have always been inflated. Tweak the game's taxing and useless settings like tessellation and insane FXAA and your current hardware will run it. As always.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei said:

Specs required to play a game have always been inflated. Tweak the game's taxing and useless settings like tessellation and insane FXAA and your current hardware will run it. As always.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei said:

Normally not with the minimum specs though especially in regard of ram. And if it will run it will not even slightest enjoyable.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

My PC is MINIMUM? What the fuuuuck? I can run nearly everything on high.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By colourful_hippie

i7 4770k and a GTX 770

Can't wait to eat that up, but I'm really interested in seeing if those CPU reqs are really that necessary. It might explain why the console versions are being scaled back from 1080/60

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just want to point out to all the people mentioning "Hyper threading" that this doesn't automatically mean you get the performance of double the number of cores or even any performance increase. It also doesn't mean you automatically get 2 x "Number of Cores" worth of hardware threads either.

If the games threads are all fully utilising the same shared CPU resources then hyper threading will have no effect (or even a detrimental effect).

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By Sackmanjones

Id like to announce that I will be keeping my ps4 pre order.

Those specs are insanity and I just built a new pc a year ago.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems reasonable, new game designed for new platforms with recommended specs still within hard released in the past year or 2.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41  Edited By Raven10

@andorski: Maybe it is a very CPU intensive game? Also, there were some nice overclocked 2 GB 560 ti's released (one of which I have) which is probably what they are referring to. Most 560 ti's didn't have 2 GB of RAM so they can't mean those. Still, I can only run the most demanding games on a mix of medium and high settings with no MSAA/SSAA if I want 1080p/60 so I can't imagine a 560 ti doing well with this.

EDIT: Also weird that the AMD spec is a current gen 7850. That's just a weird comparison to a 560 ti.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently I can run the ultra spec if it counts an i7 processor hyper threading eight cores.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By korwin

@klei said:

FXAA is a low cost solution to AA, there's nothing insane about it. MSAA is what you want to turn down if your having performance problems.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DystopiaX

Man, I just barely make the recommended specs for this game.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By TheHBK

Can I run this game on a Jaguar? It is 64-bit.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this game uses more than 6GB of ram with everything turned to minimum, they fucked up. I don't even see why it would need that much ram at max settings...

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#47  Edited By Claude

Hey, let's make a game that's not well optimized on the PC, but it'll run great on old ass console hardware, trust me.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48  Edited By GERALTITUDE

pfff that's it? God this next-gen is so weak pathetic compared to my ULTRACOMPUTER

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By OldGuy

Hrm. Built my PC two and a half years ago and... maybe I could go for a graphics card bump, but I can turn off SSAO...

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft, you crazy! I mean, I'm glad I have a PC that should be able to run the game nicely, but holy shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.