Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

What Remains of Edith Finch

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 25, 2017

Edith Finch returns to her old familial home to discover the stories that have been kept from her. The stories of how generations of her family have died early of unrelated, but often kooky, causes.

What Remains of Edith Finch - Hopefully something worth telling your impressions about!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

Once again, it's time to waltz around different environments with varying gameplay, while maybe getting spooked! This'll be out tomorrow on tuesday for PC and PS4, the latter still has a discount on it's price for pre-orders.

What Remains of Edith Finch seems to consist of several "short stories", each with a different tone and somewhat different gameplay, though all will be told from first person perspective. I don't think I've seen any of those demonstrated through gameplay (except for maybe one of them shown at PSX), but I don't mind keeping things under wraps 'till I get to play the game myself.

I only played Unfinished Swan for the first time earlier this week. It was a fun little game, but nothing too amazing. The children's book story didn't really do anything special for me, though it was still told well enough. Seeing how it's been over four and a half years since they released Swan, I'll assume that Giant Sparrow has maybe managed to make this experience a bit more meaty.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LeStephan

Wait.... Why did I think this was a spiritual sequel to the vanishing of ethan carter up until just now?

Never finished unfinished swan, didn't do much for me personally either . This is a slight dissapointment lol. I already pre-ordered to get the discount though so I'll give it a try anyway.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By citizencoffeecake

This is the shark flopping down a mountain game that was shown at Paris games week a year or two ago? I remember Dan/Brad/Jeff streamed watching the Sony press conference and laughing at that part. Can't believe this game is just about to come out, seems way more interesting that Unfinished Swan to me at least.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the shark flopping down a mountain game that was shown at Paris games week a year or two ago? I remember Dan/Brad/Jeff streamed watching the Sony press conference and laughing at that part. Can't believe this game is just about to come out, seems way more interesting that Unfinished Swan to me at least.

The part I was thinking about had some type of squid sneaking(?) around on a ship. Could be both, though that almost sounds like it could've been from Everything. Though I do remember that the shark didn't move quite as awkwardly as animals do in that game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By glots

Played it, finished it. Kind of your typical "walking simulator" in the sense that it only lasted around 3-4 hours, but I still enjoyed my brief time with it! Maybe somewhat disappointed in some of the stories being "more impressive" and longer than others, the one about Lewis probably being the most shining example. None of them were bad, though, so good job on that!

Another game that didn't utilize PS4 Pro in any way seemingly, which is a bummer. Runs in 1080p and mostly a steady 30 fps, which dips every now and then, though there's really nothing that spectacular happening on the screen for most of the game.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This was awesome. Another game in a similar vein about family, memories, and surrealism in firstperson with a female protagonist that came out recently was Blackwood Crossing. That gets really emotional. Highly recommended.

No Caption Provided

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hunkulese

I think I really liked this game. The Walter story really soured my experience, and it was constantly on my mind for the rest of the game, but aside from that, I think the rest was great even if everything felt a little underutilizes.

For people who care, it runs poorly on PS4, and it also has the worst trophy list of a game I've played.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I liked it but thought the playable memories were a bit inconsistent, some were a minute long, some went on a bit too long.

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed this game. The Gregory memory really upset me though...I mean, who would leave a baby alone in a bathtub?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.