Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Nintendo Firmware 4.3U released... Do NOT update!

• 75 results
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#51  Edited By zidd
    @WickedCobra03: Microsoft pushes updates like these every once in a while. Like the update that broke Datel memory cards.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Symphony

People tend to get up in arms about any thread that even hints at piracy because they don't want it to sully the reputation of the board or for whatever other reason I can't think of at the moment. My best guess is that it has to do with global warming.

Most of these members are typically good people. Decent people. Kind people. The type of people that would wave at you as you walked down the street. Actually, many of these people have pirated MP3s, games, ROMs, or television shows, etc at some point. Perhaps their outcries are that of a guilty conscience trying to justify their actions by thinking to themselves, "At least I don't go starting threads about this on forums!" Or perhaps they just want to join in with the mob and have a good ol' fashion tar and feathering.

Sure, there will be one or two squeaky clean members who will go out of their way to make sure everyone knows they have never downloaded anything. Not even demos of games for fear that could be construed as pirating in some countries (probably Luxembourg or Iceland, you know how those tiny countries are -- pure EVIL)! In fact, they'll make sure you know that they haven't so much as taken a cookie from the cookie jar without asking first. But these people are the ones you really can't trust. No doubt they are on the waiting list to become members of some secular religious group that thinks their leader is the next messiah, praising his or her name while drinking arsenic-laced fruit punch.

Anyways, I don't have a Wii so none of this matters to me. Keep on keepin' on.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By apathylad
    @Symphony said:
    " People tend to get up in arms about any thread that even hints at piracy because they don't want it to sully the reputation of the board or for whatever other reason I can't think of at the moment. My best guess is that it has to do with global warming. Most of these members are typically good people. Decent people. Kind people. The type of people that would wave at you as you walked down the street. Actually, many of these people have pirated MP3s, games, ROMs, or television shows, etc at some point. Perhaps their outcries are that of a guilty conscience trying to justify their actions by thinking to themselves, "At least I don't go starting threads about this on forums!" Or perhaps they just want to join in with the mob and have a good ol' fashion tar and feathering.   
    *Sniff. That was beautiful. 

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @ArchScabby said:
    " God Nintendo are such assholes!  Not letting you put illegal copies of games on your system... what pieces of shit. "
    HOW DARE THEY try to make money! Shame on you Nintendo for not letting everyone have the easy way out and get everything for free, because they deserve everything being handed to them when they want.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Emilio

Also, let me just say that it feels like all my Wii menus are waaay faster after updating.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jack268

Ah son of a... I updated my wii 4 days ago before even thinking of putting HBC on it. When I heard how easy it was to put it on I tried to and was wondering why it wasn't working. Just my luck I suppose. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't update my Wii ^_^

*fires up Monster Hunter Tri

Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Blitzer
    @ArchScabby said:
    " God Nintendo are such assholes!  Not letting you put illegal copies of games on your system... what pieces of shit. "
    This.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By demontium
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " no one plays wii so were good  "
    Ugh..... fuck off dude seriously.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Claude
    @demontium said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    Ugh..... fuck off dude seriously. "
    Seriously, I've been sitting on Red Dead Redemption for what seems like forever, but my Wii is getting all the play. Do you see me flinging my droll monkey shit on every thread with Xbox 360 in the title. Shit, pussy bitch and hell.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RE_Player1
    @demontium said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    I take it your a nintendo fan lmao seriously dude I got a wii day one, it was a joke. The only reason you even noticed it was because it was the second post :)
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By Hailinel
    @ryanwho said:
    " I'm only here because I searched the term "dick wagon". "

No Caption Provided

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By demontium
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    I take it your a nintendo fan lmao seriously dude I got a wii day one, it was a joke. The only reason you even noticed it was because it was the second post :) "
    Im ignoring the bold part. 

Anyways yes, I am a nintendo fan. Whatever my fandom, it gives no warrant to you doing wasteful posts that should just get deleted.... I mean what kind of douche do you have to be to troll like that. 

Obviously many people like the wii, if you don't, then just gtfo of these forums or learn to post like you are older than 13. (and I am aware that you are immediately going to respond that you are older than 13 - whether true or not, I am being sarcastic).
    Mr402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Mr402

I'll go ahead and say it.   Homebrew + gamefly account is epic!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hailinel
    @Mr402 said:
    " I'll go ahead and say it.   Homebrew + gamefly account is epic! "
    DINGDINGDING Pirate confirmed!
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RE_Player1
    @demontium: Ok I'm being 100% serious, not joking here, you need to chill out a bit. I know you can react like that on the internet when no one cares but if someone in real life were to tell you a joke "like no one plays the wii" you don't say fuck you to them in a serious manner. Please don't come back at me with a snide remark, I'm not being sarcastic or joking I'm just saying you need to calm down when you go on forums and out in the real world. Again I'm not making fun of you just trying to give a little advice, please don't come up with a "clever" way your going to respond and give me "advice" because I'm not playing a game, I'm just trying to help. Next time I'll put posts in purple or bold them when I'm being sarcastic so you don't have to fly off the handle. The last thing I want for anyone on this forum is for them to be offended and make their blood pressure rise, it's simply bad for your health. I hope we can both walk away, or click away lol were on the internet so we click a lot (unless you have an iPad in which you touch your way through various websites), better people and have learned techniques on how to properly post and react. Thanks for reading I know this was long but it was worth it. Knowing that I helped someone, and myself, really raises my self confidence. Jesus Christ taught me to help my fellow man and I did just that :)
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By AndrewB

Yeah, I learned the hard way awhile back that updating firmware will break the homebrew channel. I wasn't too upset over it though, as i barely used the thing anyway. Using my Wii as a dvd player? Ugh... Emulation? I have a million and one PCs that will do it more efficiently. I could even hook the wiimote up to them via bluetooth.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By Willy105

I updated it.

Take that hackers.

@RE_Player92 said:

" @demontium said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    I take it your a nintendo fan lmao seriously dude I got a wii day one, it was a joke. The only reason you even noticed it was because it was the second post :) "

You don't need to be a Nintendo fan to understand why people think that post is idiotic. Maybe try to express yourself better so that people know it's sarcasm.
    alittlefroma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By alittlefroma
    @Hailinel said:

" How can I put this succinctly?  Oh, right.  I don't care.  Now that you've let me know, I'll actually go ahead and update my Wii just to get that out of the way. "

If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have bothered posting a retort.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This isn't that surprising considering Nintendo already updated the console to block both the Gamecube and Wii versions of Freeloader and they seem to generally be cracking down on piracy.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hailinel
    @alittlefroma said:
    " @Hailinel said:

" How can I put this succinctly?  Oh, right.  I don't care.  Now that you've let me know, I'll actually go ahead and update my Wii just to get that out of the way. "

If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have bothered posting a retort. "
    I care that there is a firmware update.  It saved me the trouble of having to wait for the update to finish the next time I inserted  a game that would have otherwise demanded it.  I don't care about ignoring the update so I can break my warranty with hacks.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By demontium
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @demontium: Ok I'm being 100% serious, not joking here, you need to chill out a bit. I know you can react like that on the internet when no one cares but if someone in real life were to tell you a joke "like no one plays the wii" you don't say fuck you to them in a serious manner. Please don't come back at me with a snide remark, I'm not being sarcastic or joking I'm just saying you need to calm down when you go on forums and out in the real world. Again I'm not making fun of you just trying to give a little advice, please don't come up with a "clever" way your going to respond and give me "advice" because I'm not playing a game, I'm just trying to help. Next time I'll put posts in purple or bold them when I'm being sarcastic so you don't have to fly off the handle. The last thing I want for anyone on this forum is for them to be offended and make their blood pressure rise, it's simply bad for your health. I hope we can both walk away, or click away lol were on the internet so we click a lot (unless you have an iPad in which you touch your way through various websites), better people and have learned techniques on how to properly post and react. Thanks for reading I know this was long but it was worth it. Knowing that I helped someone, and myself, really raises my self confidence. Jesus Christ taught me to help my fellow man and I did just that :) "
    I'm only freaking out because giantbomb is flooded with trolls like you.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I installed the homebrew channel then realized i don't play my wii and have no use for it, if i update the wii will it properly remove all the crap i put on it (or brick it?)

I would rather buy the 1 Nintendo game i play per year than pirate it.

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By apoptosis61

they fucked up freeloader with 3.3 , IS TIME TO MAKE NINTENDO CONSOLES REGION FREE FOR FUCK SAKE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.