Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

What made you fall out of love with the Wii?

• 128 results
    GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By GiveUpNed

I have never gotten bored with my Wii. EVER! There are so many good games for it, I can't believe this is being discussed. I play Mario Kart Wii at least 2hrs a day online.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#102  Edited By Icemael
    @GiveUpNed said:
    " I have never gotten bored with my Wii. EVER! There are so many good games for it, I can't believe this is being discussed. I play Mario Kart Wii at least 2hrs a day online. "
    You know what? I like my Wii. Hell, I even liked Mario Kart Wii.

But playing it on a regular basis? Online? The item distribution (not to mention the items themselves) is so unbalanced, you can intentionally play like you're mentally challenged and still win. It's ridiculous.
    tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By tmthomsen

Never been.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By Jayzilla

it cheated on me with a turbo grafix.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Kbm600

Reasons I don't love my Wii Anymore:

• Inability to give me an orgasm  
    • Horrible In-Laws
    • Terrible snoring issues
    • Even worse cooking issues
    • It's white

• In all seriousness, I just haven't found any good games for it since I've gotten it.
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
    @Kbm600:
    On the white issue. You can buy a black one. 
    Whats with the white hating? :P
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By JoelTGM

It was fun at first, but after the freshness wore off I realized I had just bought a white box with some very crappy computer parts in it, and some game controllers that are only fit to play mini game collections.  It's a good start for people who have no experience with video games, but for me it's just a regrettable purchase.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#108  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm not a fan of waggle and I'm not a fan of J-RPGs, which is a lot of what the Wii offers. Certainly, there are still some good first and second party games (playing SMG2 right now), but as someone who grew up a staunch Nintendo fanboy the Wii was a crushing disappointment. Maybe my tastes in games changed, but now I find only 1 or 2 titles a year that catch my interest. There's still enough for me to warrant keeping it around (not to mention my parents probably wouldn't let me sell it), but other than to play gamecube or VC stuff, my wii rarely gets used to play actual wii games.

catfishmitch88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By catfishmitch88

it just couldnt get into the games the concept was cool but the games lacked depth, i loved the party games like naskart and the mario racing but hell thats about it, it only kept my attention for oh about a week, also bought the wii fit and my girl gained weight after using it every day lmao 
    owell thanks for trying nintendo i bought it lol then sold it

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jmood88

I never cared about the Wii. There isn't a single game on the Wii that I'm interested in.
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By jorbear

The lack of games that really make the motion controls shine. Wii Sports is still the best game for the Wii if you ask me.

issun187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By issun187

I grew up playing on Nintendo consoles. As long as they continue to develop my favourite franchises (especially Metroid and Zelda), I'll buy their hardware. Although I also have a PS3, my Wii gets the most plays.  
    lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113  Edited By lazyturtle

I have yet to really enjoy the Wii much. My wife bought it for our little kids..who don't care about it (occasionally they like to watch me play a game). I've tried all the games that seem liked they'd be interesting, and just have failed to be entertained. I've only used gamefly (never bought any games) and I think the longest I've kept a game was a few days. I've got Metroid the other M, but I also got Starcraft II..which has trumped metroid. Not a good sign for my continued use of the Wii...thankfully I haven't bought any games!

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DystopiaX

The lack of good games.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

There was a point when I wanted to get a Wii. But, that passed awhile ago. My cousin owns all three and his Wii is collecting the most dust. 

Yeloow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Yeloow

Who ever said I fell out my love for the Wii. I personally love the system for it's ambition. Games like Deadly Creatures, Muramasa: The Demon Blade and the Bit Trip games make the system like no other. Not to be generic with the whole Wii is good thing and I mean I do play my other systems more. As from a quality perspective the PS3 and X360 beats it bar none. But I dunno the Wii gives out some charm to me. I love underrated/obscure stuff so the Wii's library is usually up my alley even with all the big multiplats on the other consoles. Go to a bargain bin look for some Wii games, pick out a game that interest you and hey it could be something you'll dig. (That is what I told my friend) 

Regardless I like my Wii enough to say that is cool. Even with it's gimmick that war off after I played Galaxy and Prime 3. 

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Play some Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, or Fragile Dreams. This thread is one big wrong assumption.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By DrBeardface

Serious lack of quality games made me apathetic towards it.  Not even a new Super Mario Galaxy could draw me back in.  When a game system I paid good money for sits unused for almost a year, it's time to give up on it.  See you in hell, Wii.  I'll always remember the good times we had bowling.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NekuSakuraba

It is a poor excuse for a next generation console with the lack of good games (that interest me), terrible online etc.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By DrBeardface
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " It is a poor excuse for a next generation console with the lack of good games (that interest me), terrible online etc. "
    Pretty much NO online at all.  I get they wanted it safer for kids, but their Wii code-Friend system is one of the most jumbled formats I've ever seen.
    Also no High-Def and no option for a larger internal hard drive.  If a game came out on multiple systems, the one NOT to get was on the Wii. 
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By LiquidPrince

I never loved the Wii that much. Even now I barely play it. I bought about ten games since I purchased it a couple months ago and maybe have played 3 of them... Most recently Metroid Other M.

Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Australia

I guess it would have been when I played Metriod Prime. After playing the game for 30-ish minutes, I came to realise that the system cannot handle FPS's or any style of game that requires highly precise controls.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @DrBeardface said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " It is a poor excuse for a next generation console with the lack of good games (that interest me), terrible online etc. "
    Pretty much NO online at all.  I get they wanted it safer for kids, but their Wii code-Friend system is one of the most jumbled formats I've ever seen. Also no High-Def and no option for a larger internal hard drive.  If a game came out on multiple systems, the one NOT to get was on the Wii.  "
    Exactly, lets take game like Ghostbusters, Call of Duty etc which is the version not the get? the Wii one.
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#124  Edited By TehFlan

I started reading through this thread to see what all the hate was about, then I realized: I could be playing SMG2 right now. I think I'll go do that.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#125  Edited By damnboyadvance

It's just really lacking. It lacks games that I like. It lacks games that support those expensive peripherals I bought. It just can't hold my interest as long as my PS3 can.

the_shref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By the_shref

i dont know what happened tbh. i used to love my wii, even after i got my ps3 i still loved it. but anymore its damn near impossible for me to play anything on it. even games that i enjoy a lot, like SMG2 and metroid: other m, i just cant play for long on it. i dont wanna sell it, but if im not gonna play any games on it, i may have to :(

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#127  Edited By KaosAngel

...couldn't use it to get bitches to fall in love with me.  :(

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128  Edited By haggis

I was never in love with the Wii. I really wanted it to be a great system, and was intrigued by it. But the lack of good third party games, the general inconsistency of the controls in all but Nintendo's games, the dated graphics, the consistent childish tone of the system, the lack of decent online play ... I could go on. Nintendo got a lot of things right with the Wii, but continues to misunderstand Western gamers. There are some decent games on the Wii, but not really enough to justify the cost of the console. At least not to me. It's great to have older people gaming (I know a lot of people over fifty who play the Wii), but they rarely venture past Wii Sports. That's a sad thing.

The Wii still has a lot of potential. If Nintendo manages to actually listen to its critics this time around and answer some of the system's shortcomings, then I'm definitely willing to give them another shot. Until then, my Wii is going to be collecting dust.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#129  Edited By guiseppe

I've never even been in love with it. I bought one because I thought it had great potential for some great games. And while there are a few great games for it, there just aren't enough of them to keep me interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.