Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

What made you fall out of love with the Wii?

• 128 results
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#51  Edited By Hailinel
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " Twilight princess. I had zero fun, the motion controls pissed me off while being completely unnecessary and the story was complete garbage. "
    A port of a GameCube game?  That's your reason? "
    If he'd started enjoying the Wii for liking a GameCube port, would you still question his reasoning? "
    There's a difference between a port and a game designed specifically for the intended hardware.  Twilight Princess wasn't even the reason I bought the Wii at launch.  If I really wanted to play it and had no interest in other Wii titles, I'd have bought the GC version instead.
    Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Organicalistic_

the motion controls

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#53  Edited By Icemael
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " Twilight princess. I had zero fun, the motion controls pissed me off while being completely unnecessary and the story was complete garbage. "
    A port of a GameCube game?  That's your reason? "
    If he'd started enjoying the Wii for liking a GameCube port, would you still question his reasoning? "
    If Twilight Princess was his one reason for loving the Wii, yes. If you start hating or loving a console because of one game, you're doing it wrong. 

Unless said game either jumped out of the box and raped you, or was mind-shatteringly stupendous and lasted for 100+ hours.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Death_Unicorn

If I wanted to waggle a stick around and get a sense of joy out of it, I'd masturbate.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince

I was never quite in love with my Wii to begin with...

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Still loving the Wii.  Super Paper Mario and Red Steel 2 justify that.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " Nintendo isnt very big here in Israel, just  PCs and Playstation.. so i never really tried any other platform  i bet i'd love the Wii if i tried it "
    Trust me, you wouldn't. 

I've played the Wii a lot, and it fucking sucks. I mean, I played Wii sports resort and my friends out and it's boring. "WIGGLE YOUR ARMS KIDDIES AND WATCH THE BIKE GO UP THE MOUNTAIN!" It's not like I even did anything besides flail around like an idiot! I don't own a Wii, nor do I want to. It's stupid. I hate motion controls.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " Nintendo isnt very big here in Israel, just  PCs and Playstation.. so i never really tried any other platform  i bet i'd love the Wii if i tried it "
    Trust me, you wouldn't. 

I've played the Wii a lot, and it fucking sucks. I mean, I played Wii sports resort and my friends out and it's boring. "WIGGLE YOUR ARMS KIDDIES AND WATCH THE BIKE GO UP THE MOUNTAIN!" It's not like I even did anything besides flail around like an idiot! I don't own a Wii, nor do I want to. It's stupid. I hate motion controls. "
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Ace829

I've mostly played the Wii for three games. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (which I've logged hundreds of hours into), Super Mario Galaxy, and MLB Power Pros.

I do realize I'm missing a lot of quality games the Wii has to offer, but I've been playing the 360 and DS so much that I barely have time for it. It is a decent system if you can dig through all the shovelware to find the real gems. I don't understand the Wii bashers mentality, yes it has a lot of flaws, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Sega Saturn when it comes to the quality of their games. Now THAT system sucked.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By AndrewB

It's simply a consistent lack of games which appeal to me. In the entire console's lifetime, I can think of probably 10 games which I either own or wanted to own. For the $250 I paid for it, that isn't nearly enough to justify it for me, personally.

Actually, I think I'm going to go make a GB list on the matter right now...

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
    MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MercuryCrusader

The Wii sucks you flail your arms around like a retard, that isn't fun, I'd rather play the brownest shooters with the goal of shooting the brownest people. 

The Wii is awesome, but instead of explaining why I'm just going to write a bunch of bullshit nobody is going to read. 

Giant Bomb is literally the worst collective of video game opinions on the internet. 

Also, hardware is very important to me, let me list a bunch of reasons why hardware is important for video games despite the fact that I am 10 years old and don't understand hardware or video game development or anything because I am 10 years old and my favorite game is Halo 3.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By ajamafalous
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @WoodenPlatypus said:
    " Have you ever liked the Wii? "
    No. "
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
    @Death_Unicorn:
    Win. I never felt safe playing the Wii after all the jokes with what women use the controllers for. Uncomfortable. 
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realized that I didn't like Nintendo games as much as I used to think I did. Then that didn't leave much else for me because Nintendo is the best developer overall on the system.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By DanielJW

I quite liked the Wii, and I still do. However the amount of games that appealed to me began to dwindle. It made more sense for me to get a PS3 which housed many games I could enjoy. I still play some Wii from time to time, but I have very little motivation to go out and purchase more games for it. 

Avatar image for anamericanpatriot
    AnAmericanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS is some FLAME BAIT ASS shit. When a WII games is good THE GAME is good SAME AS with all THE OTHER shit.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By canucks23

I never really loved it. When we first got ours i thought it was cool for a few weeks but i never really played it much compared to my 360/ps3. I haven't touched it in over a year now, mainly because i have no interest in any of it's games.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Ryax

the one thing keeping me is its lack of quality games. with kirby and zelda and donkey kong coming tho im sure ill be using it quite a bit 

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sadisticham

I was playing galaxy 2 the other week. And it is the controller i think.

I just..cannot stand the remote control style controller.

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Iceman2913

ps3

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Lack of games.

The Wii is more useful as an exercise trainer thing. You know what I mean, I can't find the words at this moment. But with games like Dance Central for the Kinect, all my attention in terms of those things will be drawn to the XBOX 360 and away from the Wii.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By iam3green

some of the games are good but i only played it a couple of times at my friend's house. it only fun when you have friends over to play it with.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Brunchies

I really like the wii and I still play it a lot. Sure the other two systems have more games that appeal to me but I'm not apart of Nintendo's target audience.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Toxin066

Lack of enticing exclusives and I'm not big on the controllers. Even when I was playing through SMG2, I couldn't help but feel I'd be enjoying it a bit more on a standard controller. My ps3 and 360 get far more of a gaming workout than my atrophied wii.

Another key factor is what JJ mentioned on page 1: It's in the other room.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#75  Edited By AgentJ

I don't play it quite as much as my 360, but I own more games for it and have really enjoyed the time I've spent with it. @Karmum said:

" I never really loved my Wii. It was just something to play when my brother had it at launch. That, and Madden 2007. I dunno why, but I kept playing that until like 2009. "
    I know right? Madden 07 was GREAT on the Wii!
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By Claude

I like playing my Wii so much I'm thinking of selling my Xbox 360. I can't stand a dual analog controller anymore, just doesn't feel right.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By apathylad

I've used my Wii a fair amount this year, with Super Mario Galaxy 2, Trauma Team, No More Heroes 2, and currently playing Sin and Punishment 2.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By Mrnitropb

tendonitus

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pazy

A lot of the design decisions, though interesting, serve to distance me from the Wii in comparison to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. The controller is a major factor, it feels less comfortable to use compared to a Gamepad (or Keyboard and Mouse) but primarily because of the nature I find it harder to rest into myself and be truly 'immersed', by which I mean forget I am controlling a game, in the experience. When I am playing a Wii I always remember that I am playing a Wii, when I play using a Gamepad (or Keyboard and Mouse) I simply play the game.

This does not mean I cannot enjoy playing the Wii and often do enjoy playing it but the number of games which have 'hooked' me is very slim in comparison to other systems.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Aus_azn

Poor implementation of motion control and a lack of truly great/interesting games. For a platform about innovation, I guess the lack of said innovation by developers is counterproductive.

Honestly, until Motion+, the whole thing felt really gimmicky and inaccurate; far from Nintendo's original depictions. The only games I could stand to play were SSBB, Mario Kart Wii (my two favorite games for it) and VC games, which I played with the GCN controller. As I didn't want to shell out for M+, I was pleasantly amazed when I tried it as a friend's house. If only it had M+ from launch, I might not have bought an Xbox.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AuthenticM

Just for the record, the Wii was cool for about a month. It became cool again for a very brief time when New Super Mario Bros. Wii came out last year, but that's it.

edit: I misunderstood the thread. Modified my post accordingly.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#82  Edited By MormonWarrior

I was super hyped for it, back when it was called the Revolution. I've always been a big Nintendo fan, so I was way stoked. When it finally came out, and there was literally nothing good to play on it...I realized it was kinda garbage. Even now, the only games I like on it are the Super Mario Galaxy games. Tons of things really annoy me about the Wii, and many other things make it so I actually cannot own it because of my personal circumstances.

Really, this has turned into me not liking any of the consoles this generation very much. There's a handful of games on all of them that I wish I could play. But the only one I have is a 360. Yep.

Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember getting on one knee asking the Wii to marry me, but it said no :( and that's when I lost interest in the Wii I once loved

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ryanwho

People bitching about something they never owned or don't own anymore. Oh internet. 
    How can an SDTV owner fall out of love with the thing giving him Netflix watch instantly on the teli. Impossible.

MaltaGamer1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MaltaGamer1980

Wii was the last console I got cause i do prefare the other 2... however it has some great 'fun' titles... lately with the exception of SMG2 there was nothing more i wanted, however this will change when games such as Metroid, Donkey Kong & Kirby get released :)

Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

punchout and mario gal2 got be me bacfk

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By one_2nd

I dont have one, but at first i thought it was awesome. The controller kinda blows. 

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By iSylence
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " The only thing that currently keeps me from playing my Wii at times is the fact that it's in another room.  Oh man, thinking about my Wii is making me want to play Bit Trip Runner. "
    Now I want to play bit trip runner! For me that would mean having to go to my mates place though so I guess it's not happening. I hold you personally responsible :)
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ryanwho

I wonder what the people who hate the Wii controls are going to do when their favorite console's knockoff peripheral comes out. Would it be too much to ask for them to stick to their guns? Probably.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#91  Edited By trophyhunter

no games I want and there are shockingly few games that actually use the wii for what it is.
    90% of the games are just ps2 games

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#92  Edited By loopy_101

The lack of units on sale because of Nintendo's disgusting supply and demand techniques. The Wii has some amazing games and exclusives but I shouldn't have to wait in line to pick up a console based around last generation hardware (wi-fi and motion controls aside).

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @ryanwho said:
    " I wonder what the people who hate the Wii controls are going to do when their favorite console's knockoff peripheral comes out. Would it be too much to ask for them to stick to their guns? Probably. "
    As someone with no interest in either Kinect or Move, I don't really know, but is it really fair to compare all three? Kinect looks to be even worse than the Wiimote in terms of control but Move seems to be precise, have more than the two or three usable buttons on the Wiimote and appears compatible with upcoming games in already existing franchises and genres without sacrificing anything.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Aus_azn
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " I wonder what the people who hate the Wii controls are going to do when their favorite console's knockoff peripheral comes out. Would it be too much to ask for them to stick to their guns? Probably. "
    As someone with no interest in either Kinect or Move, I don't really know, but is it really fair to compare all three? Kinect looks to be even worse than the Wiimote in terms of control but Move seems to be precise, have more than the two or three usable buttons on the Wiimote and appears compatible with upcoming games in already existing franchises and genres without sacrificing anything. "
    QFT. I don't care at all about the knockoff peripherals, and I'm not wasting money to buy them. If they move to using them completely, I'll go back to my good old buddy, PC.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#95  Edited By Meowayne

Nothing. Its a great system.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By spaceturtle

I fell beck in love again with the release of Mario Galaxy 2.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By bhhawks78

Waggle always being a detraction except in sports and boom blox.

Looking like complete ass on my LCD.

Every 3rd party exclusive being overhyped to hell then being complete garbage - conduit/madworld/ etc

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
    Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#98  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Nintendo took a break.
    Now they're back, and I'm right there with them.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Xtrememuffinman said:
    " Nintendo took a break. Now they're back, and I'm right there with them. "
    Was the Gamecube the break?
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.