Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 13, 2008

Travel to the arctic continent of Northrend in Blizzard's second expansion to the most popular MMORPG ever made.

Dual Monitor setup

Ally264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ally264

I might be getting another monitor to replace the 19" widescreen i have here. However I may still use it so i can have 2 monitors for the one computer. My question is: is it possible to run WoW in one monitor but have other tasks like Firefox and Outlook running in the other?

Thanks

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

I don't know for sure but if you've got a card that can split monitors I don't see why not.

Wait for someone techy to answer but I'd go for it.

hb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hb

I have a ATI Radeon 2400 Series and I always do it. Wow on one screen and Firefox on the other. Works fine.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nvmfst
    @Ally264: That's what I do. I have a 27" running WoW and a 19" either running Firefox or playing a movie. It is all based on how much your video card can handle.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By angelkanarias

I forsee it will give you problems.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By nvmfst
    @angelkanarias said:
    " I forsee it will give you problems. "
    How do you foresee this? What problems do you foresee? Why reply if you don't actually have anything constructive to say.

You don't have to worry about your monitor. It's the video card you have to worry about. You need something powerful enough to render both monitors at the same time and extra ram will help too.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By angelkanarias
    @Einherjan said:
    " @angelkanarias said:
    " I forsee it will give you problems. "
    How do you foresee this? What problems do you foresee? Why reply if you don't actually have anything constructive to say.You don't have to worry about your monitor. It's the video card you have to worry about. You need something powerful enough to render both monitors at the same time and extra ram will help too. "
    I tried to do the same thing with world in conflict. The monitor kept turning on and off, so I finally stopped trying. But maybe your computer can handle it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.