Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Goblins and Worgen, Oh My!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By penguindust

Who loves Furries?
    Who loves Furries?
    According to WOW.com, numerous sources have suggested that the new playable races for the upcoming expansion, Cataclysm will be Goblins and Worgen.  This information kind of threw me for a loop.  At first I thought that the Worgen were going to side with the horde.  After all, any Alliance player who's been to Duskwood knows these hairy fellas are not the most friendly to visitors from the neighboring zones.  Some rumors claim there will be a new kingdom established which houses the new race.  Apparently while infected with the lycanthropy curse, they are still able to dissuade the more hostile nature of the malady.   Which means there will be wolfmen (and wolf-women?) running around Stormwind next year.  

Neutral? Not me.
    Neutral? Not me.
    What really confuses me though are the Goblins.  Until now, Goblins were the buffer race that dealt with Horde or Alliance equally and without favoritism.   However, in order to balance the number of races, the Horde will be getting their own set of Goblins to level up.  Similar to the Bloodelves or Draenei, a new island will be uncovered and for whatever reason that can be shoehorned into the lore, they'll side with the Horde.  It seems to me that other NPC races would have been better choices.  Kobolds are similar in appearance, Gnolls are disagreeable enough, and Troggs have good reason to dislike Dwarves and their allies.  My personal choice would have been the playable Murloc.  Or, if Blizzard wanted a successful addition to the Horde, the new race should have been sexy/hot.  

Finally, when I heard this rumor, for a moment...just a moment...I considered going back.  Who knows?  By the time the new expansion hits store shelves, I may be totally brainwashed again and give it a go.  Or, I could be so deep into any other of the forth coming MMOs to care.  We'll probably be able to separate these rumors from truth following BlizzCon '09 later this month.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By demonbear

Sexy horde race? What are you talking about, they gave us the blood elves specifically for that stupid reason. 

Also, it doesnt have to make sense. It's wow. 

Also..... WORGEN!!!!

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Cerza

This... this is a joke right? right? RIGHT???

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @PenguinDust said:
    " Finally, when I heard this rumor, for a moment...just a moment...I considered going back.
    Yeah, I felt the same way.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cloneslayer

If Pandaren is not the next alliance race then I will be upset. But if it is I will play WoW forever.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Teaspoon83
    @Cloneslayer:  Problem with Pandaren is the massive popularity to play a drunk bear that knows Kung Fu, throwing off any possible solution to keep realms equal.  If anything, Blizzard would add them as an NPC race at most I would imagine. 

The whole Worgen/Goblin idea is interesting. Curious to see what Blizzcon could possibly say about it but than again, the Icecrown Lich King raid hasn't even been released.  Kinda kills how epic the last content patch could be if, hey, right around the corner, your epics are once again greens as we head move to the next expansion pack say spring or summer of next year.  I know this is Blizzard so who knows when the next expansion would come out. Hell, the world could come to an end before it. Oh god, 2012!
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By demonbear

I heard today that theres a rumor saying the Worgen and Goblin races would be neutral, could go on both factions.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b35aff00bcb
    deactivated-58b35aff00bcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

We do need neutral races. And the ability to STAY neutral. I really don't give a damn about the bickering between the Alliance and Horde and how they make me have to attack them.

Tinker Hero class please.

bejavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bejavi

I do not think Blizzard will ever make the murlocs a playable race.  Too many people on both factions want them.  It would cause a huge shift in factions, because people would play them.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By the8bitNacho

Murlocs are monsters with no ties to humanity.  At least Worgen used to be humans, and Goblins are already involved with civilization.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CL60

Blizzard should have stopped with BC..just keeps getting worse.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JJOR64

They should pick another race for Horde, not Goblins.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By zeforgotten

Mmmm... Neeegrow..  
    Time to go hunt for Melons and Bananas! 
    ... DAMNIT! I meant Worgen

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.