Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Guild Club Houses

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DH69

what would you think if blizzard added an instance to every city, that linked to a guild club house? an instance where only the people in your guild could go to meet up, trade, or just chat. you could spend gold to expand the space, upgrade the decor, hell even add a guild bank inside    

PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By PATERSON

You mean like Guild Wars does? or is it City of Heroes? I dunno but it's a great idea.

Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Frostler

That would be a cool idea, that and player housing are some things that I would've thought they'd have by now.

Jeknod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Jeknod

Blizzard has said that they don't plan on making personal houses available for players simply because they like the idea of cities being populated, rather than everyone just hiding away in their houses.

Dr_VonBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dr_VonBoogie
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

Player housing would be a cool idea if it was done like UO back in the day. 
    "Helping" someone kill a bunch of monsters and then killing the duded you were helping only to get his house key and go steal his shit and then "vanish" 

But since that's not gonna happen a club house for guilds would be kinda cool. 

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By TomA

no that is stupid

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Dizzyhippos

The logistical nightmare of do something like that would probably make it insane to handle. And every city being connected to one house is kinda Eh, if they were going to do it I would hope they force people to make a house in one city making the guilds home in UC, Org, storm etc etc. Its not like there are people in most of the citys anyway

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I see what you're getting at and I'd say this is a cool idea but I also understand what Blizzard mean about the problems with player housing etc. I think I'd rather have my cities bustling and populated than having everyone shut away in their guild halls.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

I feel like it'd be pretty pointless. I don't need to go to a clubhouse to talk to my guild, all I need to do is type /g. The bank/action house is a fine place to meet up to do little trades, and I see enough of my guild mate's character models while questing or raiding.

I never got the appeal of "hanging out" in another room with another person's character models, all I want to do is talk to them, I don't give a shit about their avatars.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teaspoon83

Who needs guild housing? Make it interesting and take over a building in the opposite factions city I say! You'll have to defend it from incoming waves of enemies, bringing your guild closer together, creating a sacred bond of loot and other purples. 

Like people previously mentioned, Blizzard yadda yadda yadda which I completely understand but it is nice to see Blizzard still add features to promote guild growth with the new guild leveling system.

jangomack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jangomack

i like the idea in principal .. but i think once the novelty wore off most people would hang around the usual haunts again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.