Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Had a few questions about my add-ons

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I think I wrote a blog post about this a couple years ago, but here is the most recent set of mods that I'm using. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Most of them are hopefully somewhat clear as to their function from their names. You can also always look them up on Curse.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Silver-Streak

@rorie: I'm glad to see I'm usuing some of the same you are. Separately, I'm also glad to see people have kept SpartanUI alive. Still my favorite WoWUI.

How obtrusive do you find OMen Threat meter to be? I've been trying basic threat bar which seems to be ok, but sometimes it's in the way so I move it, but then I don't see it, and it's kind of pointless.

Also, I heard that Gatherer has had some issues since WoD with performance hits, and so I downloaded Gathermate when I joined back in. Have you had any issues with Gatherer?

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

I've actually got the exact same question regarding Omen Threat Meter as @silver-streak, been trying a few different threat management mods and have yet to find one I really like. Omen hasn't been updated for so very long that I'm somewhat worried about pushing it. Last thing you want when raiding is getting drowned in error messages. How has your experience been with it?

Also, do you know if there are alternatives to MobInfo? The idea is spectacular, but I hear it only works for up to lvl 85 mobs.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By rorie

@silver-streak: @do_the_manta_ray: Omen still works amazing for me; never heard any complaints about the raids I've been in. I guess some people are saying that it's broken in the Legion pre-patch, but I don't think I've done any five-mans since then. It seems to work with pet classes, though? Dunno, if it's not being maintained then I guess I'll find something new.

I haven't actually used Gatherer too much lately; it might be disabled. You didn't need to do much resource farming in WoD thanks to your garrison farm/mine, so I'm not sure what's going on with it.

I didn't even realize Mobinfo was so far out of date. I mostly have it installed as a "neat to have" thing but I rarely look at the output. Might be time to uninstall, I guess!

Savior82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd swap Omen to Skada or Details! addon. Using either of those would also let you ditch Recount, that addon has been nothing but trouble for a while in raids. :)

MovieFlask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie This has probably been asked, and I apologize for that, but are your streams archived anywhere on GB? I never catch them live, but I'd be up for vicariously playing WoW through your streams. Thanks!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MovieFlask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.