Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Returning player with a question about using a character boost

carino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I used to play wow about 8 years ago. I tried to get back into wow when legion was coming out. Played my alliance Hunter from mid 60 to 78 and was completely bored. I recently tried the free version. I found Warlock to be ok but not great, too similar to my memory of the hunter. Monk seemed interesting. Discovered that I was having the most fun with a Paladin. This is my first time playing on the horde side so I'm going to try leveling this one without a boost. I would like to see the alliance stuff but don't know if I should use my boost on a death knight or save it for a character that starts at level 1 a monk or a mage. Is the content different enough in the expansions that I would enjoy the story if I leveled death knight on the alliance side after doing the content on my paladin?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ask yourself if you would want to fill in different roles or play one exclusively (tank/heal/ranged dps/melee dps). Dependent on that narrow down the possible/optimal classes.

You can level pretty fast from 1-60 nowadays, so in the big picture you don't gain much out of boosting another class but death knight if you lean towards that one.

In the upcoming expansion BfA the alliance and horde leveling experience will be more noticeable different, so it would make sense for you to use the boost for a character on the opposing faction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.