Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K15

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

WWE 2K15 is the first game in the franchise to appear on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

I am OFFICIALLY worried about WWE 2K15 (PS4/XBOX 1)

• 84 results
    MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MakoTitan

In all my time playing video games it has never been a good thing to have so little info out on a game that drops in DAYS...Anyone else get this sinking feeling? I haven't played a WWE game since the last Smackdown vs Raw and I was really hoping this one would scratch that long awaited itch. I'm just beginning to get nervous.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

In all my time playing video games it has never been a good thing to have so little info out on a game that drops in DAYS...Anyone else get this sinking feeling? I haven't played a WWE game since the last Smackdown vs Raw and I was really hoping this one would scratch that long awaited itch. I'm just beginning to get nervous.

This isn't that unusual for 2K sports games. NBA 2K is very much the same way. We really know very little until it's about to come out.

Now maybe the game will suck, I can't say. But I don't think you should read too much into the lack of info because that's really 2K Sports MO.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vegetashonor said:

This isn't that unusual for 2K sports games. NBA 2K is very much the same way. We really know very little until it's about to come out.

Now maybe the game will suck, I can't say. But I don't think you should read too much into the lack of info because that's really 2K Sports MO.

This seems like the least information we've had of any 2K sports game though, at least that I can remember. As you said they don't usually release much information about their game pre release, but this is on another level. There's parts of this game that we have no real idea about yet.

I don't know what to think of this game. Will look for the QL. Embargo lifts midnight Tuesday, so we'll see.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@amyggen: I don't know. I disagree as someone who follows NBA 2K pretty religiously. Every year before release we get info on a few new features, a few screens, and that's it. Huge changes are only really found our after release.

Like prior to this year's game's release, I think we only new there was a new story for MyCareer, they had a MyPark mode... and maybe that's it? Like for example something as basic as the new shot meter no one knew about.

Like I say, maybe the game will suck and for all I know they are keeping it in the dark because it does, but I think 2K just likes to focus on the game and have it sell itself vs a major marketing push. It's at least not unusual for them.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Haven't they already announced that this version is missing a lot of features?

And by "missing a lot of features" I mean you only have 25 slots for create-a-wrestler characters and you can no longer create your own

• Divas
    • Arenas
    • Championships
    • Storylines(!!!)

That's not to say the pre-made content won't be good, just that there are a LOT less options for creating custom content.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: I must have missed this info. Damn, not being able to create my own belts kinda sucks. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Career mode is enough for me, I love career modes and they've been sorely missed for a very long time... I think the closest we had to a career mode was last found in SvR 2007's story mode which was pretty fun.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Dizzyhippos

2K is always a little stingy on details before release of there sports games. Having said that the only reason I am even considering buying this game is because of the Career mode, and the lack of solid details about it worries me. That combined with the fact that this is the first "next gen" iteration of this series makes me want to be the "you should probably wait for reviews" guy on this one. And in case anyone was wondering Alex tweeted out the embargo lifts on Tuesday.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most worryingly, i dont think they have even shown HHH's long hair nor Booker T.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy has some videos up on youtube which show off full matches and some my career stuff, it looks pretty much the same as past years despite them implying it's a new engine. It even has some of the same old glitches like tables freaking out when brought into the ring, the ropes messing up or if the move doesn't make a sound on impact it damages the person performing it rather than the person taking it. It looks pretty though, in parts, Daniel Bryan's hair still looks like it comes from a lego set.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@goldone: Thanks for pointing out those videos.

So...yeah. I was going to buy this, but now I'm not so sure. It seems like they're headed in a slightly better direction, but it looks like the in-ring action still needs some work and the presentation seems a little rough around the edges (in the MyCareer stuff in particular).

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324:
    I wanted it too, I'm moving house in a few weeks so wanted something mindless to play while I was without internet. I'm torn though because I know I'll get it eventually but I want that Sting dlc and I know it's the likely the last CM Punk game.

I tend to agree with the first post that it's weird there's not a lot of info out there on the game, but I think that mostly comes from following them while they were with THQ and we pretty much knew all of the new stuff around Mania, the roster around summerslam and then every entrance and new move in the month or two before release.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I for some reason ended up looking at screens and videos of WWE Day of Reckoning 2, and it is really alarming how little Yukes has managed to progress in a decade (in some ways they've maybe even gotten worse).

Seriously, this is what Yukes was cranking out in 2005:

No Caption Provided
    Loading Video...

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

OFFICIALLY worried. Shit!

mstsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On yesterday's UPF, Jeff mentioned that WWE Supercard was the best wrestling game released this year. Am I reading too much into that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mstsc said:

On yesterday's UPF, Jeff mentioned that WWE Supercard was the best wrestling game released this year. Am I reading too much into that?

He hasn't liked a wwe game since....... when was the last wwe game hes liked?>

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mstsc said:

He hasn't liked a wwe game since....... when was the last wwe game hes liked?>

All Stars. The last realistic wrestling game he liked were the Smackdown games on PS1.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like this year's game is coming in super hot (SUPER HOT). I just hope it plays better and sets up for a great game next year.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the game is starting To get such high expectations it will be impossible for some to be disappointed,

I'm in the Jeff camp of I think it's hard to make a good wrestling game

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A wrestling game might be bad? Holy shit!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah I took my WWE 2k15 money and bought Call of Duty Advanced Warfare instead. Next year might be the year to officially jump in this version seems like its mostly them feeling out the new hardware. And with all the cut features I....just can't get on board.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@chaser324: Yukes' games are notorious for deteriorating graphics with each iteration.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might get it when it comes to PC but until then I'm perfectly fine sticking with 14.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@chaser324: Day of Reckoning 1 was the last Wrestling game I really liked. So good.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalsaiyan: I think the last two games have been overall pretty good.

If you don't liemt those games I wouldn't get this one. Much like ea sports games I don't think they will ever radically change.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Goldone

Just an update on the game from more people who got it early, as well as removing a lot of the create modes they've also stripped out a fair number of match types too.

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
    Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
    Tonardo Tag Teams
    Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table
    Handicap matches
    1vs1 ladder match
    Special Referee

They've also stripped out the match creator option which was used to decide if it was pinfall, submission, countout, ko to win, this is just based off the youtube videos and talking to someone I know who got it a few days ago. It could still be in just hidden somewhere in the godawful menu they have.

There's also an option in character select called "Background matchmaking" but nobody knows what it does yet and 2K haven't even mentioned it despite the game coming out in a few days.

In positive news (maybe?), in one of the my career videos someone mentioned that you have have caws of people on your friends list invade your game and start something with them (feud or stable, I'm not sure).

Really, I've always spent a lot of time in caw mode on these games so the My Career mode has me interested in the game and I hate that I'll probably get it in a sale before Christmas. But every time I start to warm to the idea of getting the game this week new info comes out and puts me off it again.

Also, best Booker T in a wrestling game still:

No Caption Provided

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldone said:

There's also an option in character select called "Background matchmaking" but nobody knows what it does yet and 2K haven't even mentioned it despite the game coming out in a few days.

I bet it's like Street Fighter 4 where you can search for an online match while playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldone said:

Just an update on the game from more people who got it early, as well as removing a lot of the create modes they've also stripped out a fair number of match types too.

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches

Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches

Tonardo Tag Teams

Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table

Handicap matches

1vs1 ladder match

Special Referee

They've also stripped out the match creator option which was used to decide if it was pinfall, submission, countout, ko to win, this is just based off the youtube videos and talking to someone I know who got it a few days ago. It could still be in just hidden somewhere in the godawful menu they have.

In positive news (maybe?), in one of the my career videos someone mentioned that you have have caws of people on your friends list invade your game and start something with them (feud or stable, I'm not sure).

Really, I've always spent a lot of time in caw mode on these games so the My Career mode has me interested in the game and I hate that I'll probably get it in a sale before Christmas. But every time I start to warm to the idea of getting the game this week new info comes out and puts me off it again.

Also, best Booker T in a wrestling game still:

No Caption Provided

I'm kind of happy those match types are gone, means I wont need to dick around trying to win a multiman ladder match a billion times in career mode.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really upset that I can only create 25 people and that I can't create divas. Like, half the reason I bought the recent games was to just make a bunch of people and have my own crazy weird WWE Universe where only the animes could defeat overlord John Cena or something.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BradBrains

@yesiamaduck: spoken like a true wwe game fan! multi man ladder matches are the bane of my existance. they get up instantly from EVERYTHING when you get to the top of a ladder. with one person its manageable. more then that: good luck

also speaking on a silver lining kinda thing. them taking away stuff makes me think they might actaully ahvea moved to a new engine they can actual work with to improve on. that doesnt mean non hardcores should buy this game but it gives me hope for future games

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This game keeps looking like a bigger and bigger train wreck. So so glad I didn't preorder on PSN like I had intended or I would be super bummed right now. I wait until next year when they finally make a proper next gen game.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By forteexe21

At least we can still do this.

No Caption Provided

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got the hulkamania edition but it seems it doesn't come with the season pass? also i might not get it till next week. thinking about maying getting the deluxe digital edition.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BradBrains

Word from people with review copies is starting to trickle in and it seems like a mess. If your not a big fan of these games I'd wait

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Barrock
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@barrock said:
    No Caption Provided

What........am I looking at? That is absolutely horrifying...I can't tell if that is a dude in drag or not.

Here are tweets from Dan and Alex

Looks like you had a reason to be suspicious people

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By katimanic

I was worried when I read that so many matches like ladder matches weren't going to be in it.

I am kinda glad that my price error order of the special edition of the game got cancelled. I will just borrow it from the library, I guess.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BradBrains

At least that hollywood hogan toy I'm getting looks kinda cool. And. Signed picture by the hulk himself

*sigh*

Apparently the gameplay is mostly unchanged so maybe I can have some fun changing the title around etc.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly have no idea what they're talking about. The game plays beautifully. It's strange at first because it's completely different, but after getting used to it it is easily the best the game play has been in a long ass time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

getting decent reviews early on. Couple of 8s anda 7

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea some interesting comments and reviews.

seems like the people who play it every year think the game has some merit but is lacking some fetures. thats good enough for me to make the decision by myself

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Brian Ballard/TheTOH (the guy that runs the Sims 3 VGCW spin-off show, VGCW At Home)

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First run "Sports games" on new hardware always do as little content as possible to make sure the tech is up and running. They have the right licensed names on the box so they know they'll sell well, then they start adding content in the sequels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bradbrains: I haven't had a wwe game since 12 so still getting it. It'll be at worst a podcast gamr

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BradBrains

@yesiamaduck: Yea they are great podcast games. I play them a lot when watching baseball and other sports too

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

This is such a shame but not too shocking.

I wonder if developing the old game for older consoles gimped them with the current gen versions. Did their focus get split or maybe this is what they think these games should be?

I'm hoping next year will be their launching point to get this franchise properly off the ground on this current generation of consoles. It would be really sad if WWE 2K13/14 were the only good recent wrestling games.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By thegoldencat7

I care about these games purely because of their usage in VGCW. And with all the stuff thats been stripped out of this one, it looks like they're probably going to have to stick with 2k14, which is kind of a bummer.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loving this gamw so far. I mean sure its lacking in a lot of options but people like Alex saying this game is bad are crazy. I've had far more realistic matches play out so far then I have in past games and the slower, more realistic gameplay is great. I especially loved this Punk/Cena match where Cena kept crawling to me and I kept slapping him in the face, but like a good heel Punk I did it once too often leading to Cena countering and having a flurry of offense before I shut it down, tool control, got too arrogant and got caught with an AA and lost. Very realistic, very fun.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Facebook official?

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright! My wife has picked up the game for me on PS4. Since I won't have any friends playing the game can I have some duder's PSN IDs to add to my friends list? I'm Carill on PSN.

I want to populate the "roster" with friends and such.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.