Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE

Franchise »

The world's largest professional wrestling organization, WWE (formerly WWF) has spawned dozens of games since the 1980s.

2K14 or 15?

JesterPC238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey duders,

The Rumble has me wanting to do some virtual wrasslin' and I can't decide whether to go with 2k14 on 360 or 2k15 on PS4. I played '13 but ended up getting rid of it after a few months. I know the general consensus is that '15 is bad, but I'd rather play on my PS4 and its got Paige in it, which '14 is lacking from what I can tell. It's also twice as expensive as '14 so I'm kind of at an impasse. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think 2k15 has better game mechanics when actually wrestling imo. its slower and feels better to me. its also very bare bones.

2k14 has way more creative elements its its community is awesome. you can download entire rosters of CAWS and update their music and such.

you can also get 2k14 cheaper.

2k14 and WWE '13 arent much different.

I also hate 2k15 way less than most.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the idea of the rock-paper-scissors chain wrestling mini-game, but it wore thin very quickly with me. The gameplay aside from that is okay, the problem is motivating myself to play more of it. The career mode gets boring in a hurry and I can't quite get the hang of the Universe mode to delve too deeply into that. If any of this sounds like it may be a problem for you as well, I'd say maybe wait until your impulse buy hype dies down a bit and see if you can't get it cheaper later on.

Basically, Paige: 10/10

The game itself: eh, 7/10

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Was at the same crossroads. Went for 2K15.

The creation suite and roster are both miles better in 2K14, but I'm not really looking to engage with any of that. Rather, I just want the most updated roster possible to use in Universe/Exhibition modes. To be fair, the 2K15 roster is already pretty out of date--it's pre-Shield breakup and pre-Miz/Mizdow.

Don't know that I necessarily made the right decision. You can use custom soundtracks for entrance themes in 2K14, and you have much, much more space for created wrestlers. The match types are more varied in 2K14 than in 2K15. I haven't found that either really has super-fun gameplay. Your mileage will likely vary.

For me, it came down to laziness. I'm not going to spend the time updating rosters with appropriate music/faction allegiances, so 2K15 is the most current WWE game I can get.

JesterPC238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@historyinrust: that's kind of where I'm at. While that creation stuff is great I don't really want to interface with it and I have terrible internet so I'm not going to end up downloading stuff. I may just go with 2k15. The slower gameplay actually sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks a ton for the thoughts guys!

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paige is not in 2k15, she is DLC only after you buy the season pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@historyinrust: that's kind of where I'm at. While that creation stuff is great I don't really want to interface with it and I have terrible internet so I'm not going to end up downloading stuff. I may just go with 2k15. The slower gameplay actually sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks a ton for the thoughts guys!

For what it's worth concerning 2K15, I've kind of enjoyed the MyCareer stuff, even if it's a little braindead. And the Showcase modes--where they recount certain "classic" storylines--are all really cool.

The slow, chain wrestling mini-game that typically opens up every match can be turned off for exhibition and universe modes, if you grow tired of it. And you can tweak counter windows to make the game faster/easier/harder by your discretion.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mycareer is ok.

Ive found myself going back to the game to play some title matches while listening to podcasts.

if you know the game is a first-of-console-generation sports game so its gonna feel a bit hollow I think you can enjoy it.

if you care a lot about creation stuff go with 2k14

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.