Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWF WrestleMania 2000

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 31, 1999

WrestleMania 2000 is THQ's first game with the WWF license. It uses the AKI engine and was released on the N64 at the height of WWF's "Attitude Era." It is still considered one of the best wrestling games ever released.

PAXAMANIA.com

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
    Thanks to aurahack for this logo.
    Thanks to aurahack for this logo.

So... PAXAMANIA.com is a thing I made.

For those that don't know, I've been the one updating the community promos that you see at the bottom of the front page for the last few years. As such, I still feel weird about promoting any of my own stuff. The PAX Guide is different because I truly believe that it helps people, but other stuff...it's weird. But, ever since launching this really dumb web site last week, people have been telling me it needs a promo. "More people need to know about this," they said. So, here we are.

Rather than just lazily linking to the site from the promo, I figured I could give some background on the why and the how. On the flight home from PAX East 2015, I came up with the idea of making an unofficial official home page for PAX Wrestling. Then, I realized...I haven't made websites in over a decade. This discouraged me for about 30 seconds until I realized...that's perfect. A site stuck in the 90's? For a bunch of people playing N64 wrestling games? I had to make this happen.

I spent about two weeks finding out whether or not modern browsers would even support my archaic ideas. Does Chrome support frames? It sure does. Can I still format an entire site using only tables? Sure, why the hell not? Then, how many dumb, 90's Internet things can I cram in there? Guestbooks? Check. Web Ring? Check. Under construction gifs? Check. Animated bloody horizontal rules? CHECK!

To add some legitimacy to this ridiculous endeavor, I spent a while time stamping both Rumbles so I could generate some stats and fun facts. If you've seen my blogs here over the last several years, you know I love numbers. The most time-intensive part of course was making all the Superstar pages, but it was a lot of fun. I'd be lying if I didn't question the whole thing while writing some of those. It's difficult to know if you've dialed into right level of stupid. Luckily, most people seem to like it so far. I mean, there's a ticker at the bottom that tells me 13,000 people have seen it. Web counters can't lie, you know. So, if you don't follow Twitter much and haven't seen it yet, please go check out PAXAMANIA.com (or PAXW.co) and let me know what ya think.

If you've got any suggestions, comments, questions, or complaints... lemme hear about it.

P.S. - Make sure to check out the Links page to see some other duders whose work helped make this happen.

P.P.S. - Thanks to @sparklykiss for giving me the idea to make Elisa's page entirely in Spanish.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Perfect.

sildfisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Wow, the only thing that could make this more perfect is if it had a geocities address.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bookmarked it at soon as I saw it being mentioned on twitter. Very nice work Marino.

Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
    Bicycle_Repairman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Amazing. Just an out of the blue idea. Would this website be the perfect place for all those unholy/divine giant bomb inspired games? Im pretty sure bike 2 is about dr. Tracksuit trying to race from the cops.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to check out your code just to see if you were in fact using tables, and you are! NICE. What an awesome throwback web page. The Superstars pages are fantastic. Great stuff Marino!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COLLUSION!!! Flagged! Not really. I love those 90's-ass animated gifs.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I love how good/bad this website is.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A-mazing!

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

:D

I really like showing this dumb thing to people. It's so great.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

Forget Squarespace Seven. When I need a website made, I'm coming to you.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes

Yes

Yes

malestrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great work. I love that something this dumb yet beautiful can flourish.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only thing I can see wrong is that you have Jeff listed as a superstar, when we all really know that he's just Dr. Tracksuit's manager...from a very, very far distance.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#14 Marino  Staff

Only thing I can see wrong is that you have Jeff listed as a superstar, when we all really know that he's just Dr. Tracksuit's manager...from a very, very far distance.

All managers are lumped in with the wrestlers currently (Jeff, Rich, Sharapova). If we end up with more managers, maybe I'll break them out in a separate category.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Thanks for writing a little about it. Great to see it being so popular, you've done an outstanding job on it and it's the perfect blend of stupid and informative that it needs.

@ottoman673: Jeff's superstar page makes it very clear that he is... "only an advocate."

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@marino

This is goddamn amazing. I love the write ups and I am still working through all the superstar bios, great job.

One note, Pat Baer's page should probably mention the UCB comedy belt he brought to the ring. I don't believe it is a valid belt at PAXW but it is a title they acknowledge. (Jeebz I am the worst smark for PAXW)

Keep it awesome duder!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You the man, Marino. One of the top men, as the saying goes.

Schatzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is so f'n amazing. Great work!

Pink_o_mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

dear god

http://leagueofheels.com/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.