Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released May 01, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a game based upon the movie of the same name that tells the early story of Wolverine.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Video Review

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By VWGTI

Some guy posted a video review for the new Wolverine game earlier today. I think it looks pretty damn fun. Check it out but beware of minor spoilers.

http://whitythereviewer.com/view-video/x-men-origins-wolverine-review.html

Edit: First link didn't work. Try this one.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I actually think the game looks pretty fun now that I've actually seen some real bloody gameplay of it and not just 20 seconds of him climbing a helicopter then cutting away. God though, that reviewer is annoying as fuck, along with his retarded intro music.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

What do you mean SOME GUY? That's fucking whity man. He's one of the best reviewers around.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke

Whity also said that Ninja Blade was hella gewd :( 

I'll have to wait for more reviews on this game.   I doubt it'll live up to the legacy left by God of War, Shinobi/Night Shade, Devil May Cry, or Ninja Gaiden... but we'll see.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Gmanall

Movie tie-ins are almost never good but we must have hope(And pizza)

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

What a lame ass intro.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

i need to play the demo for this game. is the demo coming out soon?

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VWGTI
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "i need to play the demo for this game. is the demo coming out soon?"

I heard rumor that one is coming out this Friday.
    jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By jaqen_hghar

I have the game!. I only got to play about an hour now (because I am going to the movies to see the movie soon ) but I must say... so far it kicks ass. It is brutal, bloody, and feels like a easier Ninja Gaiden. The camera isn't as good as in NG, but I'd say the rest is.
    I am sure the combat might be a bit stale eventually, but I haven't unlocked much. And everytime I do something cinematically awesome, like lunging at enemies from far away, the game suddenly throws another unlock at you! Suddenly I could chain my lunges! So far I enjoy the game for what it is. A kick ass brawler.
    Oh, and I bet the opening sequence in this game has more blood than all of the X-Men movies combined. Not sure how much blood there is in Wolverine, but I'll find out tonight

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VWGTI

Dude, let us know what you think of the movie...you luck bastard. ;)

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By jaqen_hghar

The movie was... decent. Not very good, not very bad. Had some bad moments (the usual kneeling by a body screaming no at the skies... why do they have to do that?), but it also had some really awesome movies. Deadpool was awesome... at first. Didn't really have much time on the screen.
    Don't want to say to much, as I don't like to spoil movies :P
    But I think it was better than X-Men 3, but not quite as good as 1 and 2. This cannot hold a candle up to the last two Batman movies or Watchmen. But as an action-flick, it was quite enjoyable.
    And I was right. I'd say the first ten seconds of the intro movie from the game has more blood than the entire movie combined. Seriously, Wolverine has claws. Why does his attacks never cause spurts of blood? Does his claws seal shut the wounds when he impale someone? Seriously -_-

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VWGTI

Haha, right on man. So long as the new movie is bit more intense than the scene in X2 where Strykers men raid the mansion I'll be fine. Either way it sounds like should lower my expectations.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Jedted

Great review!  I agree with everything that guy said, including the rapid button mashing thing.

Sandwizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sandwizzle

I'm so glad that they decided to take a realistic approach to Wolverine in this game.  I've always wanted everything related to him to be hyper-violent.  The next movie should be directed by Quentin Tarantino ftw.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By mike

I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through this game and I'm finding it to be ultra repetitive. Fighting wave after wave of the same enemies and multiple boss encounters over each level that are all essentially the same are turning this into a borefest. I mean really, how many times am I going to have to dodge a huge monster only to turn around, lunge onto it's back, claw, then repeat? I must have had to do that at least 25 times already throughout the game and I'm not even done with it yet.

It's fun but I would not go so far as to call it a "very good game". 3/5 stars at best.

oDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oDawg

is there some secret way to up the graphics settings? I only have an option for "low" or "normal", and the graphics suck ass... and no reviews mention this... (have a gtx 260/216)

Even worse, I picked up DMC 4 at the same time for 20 bucks, and am blown away by it... wolverine is newer, but looks/plays so much worse! (although i think the DMC camera might be worse than wolverines...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.