Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Gamers I like

xGenuinex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xGenuinex

I thought since we had a topic on the types of gamers we detest, it would be only fair to give kudos to the folks we actually enjoy playing with. We all know that not everyone on Live is a jerk.

Personally, I like the folks who are likely good people in real life. They apologize for accidental team kills, call out enemy positions, laugh if something unexpectedly hilarious happens, and are genuinely good at the game they are playing but at the same time are modest enough to let their score do all the "trash talking".

I played with 3 guys in Battlefield: Bad Company the other day, that were all complete strangers to each other, but came together like puzzle pieces during the game. x Boondockx Saintx, Zeller, and Sam Max kudos to you guys, you 3 were alot of fun to play with. You guys got positive feedback that day.

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nobility

Someone who helps another sounds like a good answer here.

Jandurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jandurin

The feedback system is lame.  But I like playing with cool people.  At this point, I can usually just play with a friend, be that friend from the internets or real life.  So I don't run into this stranger problem anymore.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By banksrob

yay its a nice XBL player, i hate all the "people" that can ruin your experience of an online game, GRID is my example people that have a freindly race and have fun this happens however always there is someone which will drive backwards, leave there car in the track est. Teamwork when strangers is somthing also very cool when it happens, your example battlefield bad company sometimes the whole room is dead quiet.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By blair

I think the best example of friendship and cooperation is when someone matches their dispenser to your sentry gun.  We're just all trying to stay alive and defend that intelligence!  I think people who just want to play the game and let their score talk (as mentioned in the original post) are good feats to have when playing online.

xGenuinex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xGenuinex
    Jandurin said:
    "The feedback system is lame.  But I like playing with cool people.  At this point, I can usually just play with a friend, be that friend from the internets or real life.  So I don't run into this stranger problem anymore."
    I disagree about the feedback system. 360 Live is much better than the days of Halo 2 on the original Xbox. It's strange how quickly people forget how bad those days were.
    Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Termite

If they aren't super serious about the game and just want themselves and others to have a good time

That person

Jandurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jandurin
    xGenuinex said:
    "Jandurin said:
    "The feedback system is lame.  But I like playing with cool people.  At this point, I can usually just play with a friend, be that friend from the internets or real life.  So I don't run into this stranger problem anymore."
    I disagree about the feedback system. 360 Live is much better than the days of Halo 2 on the original Xbox. It's strange how quickly people forget how bad those days were.
    "

I never played the regular Xbox.  Easy  to forget what you never knew :)

Fair enough.  I just think it's lame because I never ever use it, not because it's not useful.
    xGenuinex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xGenuinex
    Jandurin said:
    "xGenuinex said:
    "Jandurin said:
    "

I never played the regular Xbox.  Easy  to forget what you never knew :)

Fair enough.  I just think it's lame because I never ever use it, not because it's not useful."
    Lol, the community on Halo 2 for Xbox was literally a truck stop toilet. Nowdays on 360, you might run into a prick once or twice a day. Halo 2 it was literally every single game that you played, and that was 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
    MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By MsCortana

Respectful gamers, whether young or old, are the ones I enjoy gaming with.  As you mentioned, they understand the term "team" and call  out enemy locations and make the overall experience cohesive and enjoyable.   Also, those that understand and practice sportsmanship.   A good indicator of such players are the ones, who wish you good luck before a match and say, "good game" after a match. :D

Txheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Txheat

The ones who would work as a team and often time tell you what the heck they are doing.

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By OblivionGuy07
    • People that make fun of the little kids who scream their asses off
    • People that actually admit they suck when they do and apologize
    • People that help you out and try to communicate with you
    MAV3R1CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MAV3R1CK

Players who know what there doing and are friendly online are gamers I like.

Avatar image for blacksuitandtie9
    BlackSuitAndTie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlackSuitAndTie9

I like people that really communicate during games, like in a game of Halo 3 where they tell you enemies are hiding. I played a CTF game with a few guys and we really communicated, 2 guys waited and guarded or flag while me and another guy went after the other. We won 3-0 fairly quickly. People that apologize for mistakes are always good too, I always make sure to apologize if I accidentally kill someone on my team.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By breadfan

I like people who don't try to act tough because they are speaking to people they will never meet in real life.  People who help each other out and communicate well are a rare thing to come by though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.