Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Gears Judgement disc unreadable

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Anyone having this issue? A friend of mine got a "disc unreadable" message, even though the game was installed on his slim 360. Seems to be affecting a few people online, haven't had a chance to test my copy yet. A little concerned...

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Perhaps his disc reader is damaged? If he still has the warranty he should maybe consider contacting the support or send it for repair.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Disc read errors are common when the optical drive is starting to fail. Yes this still happens on the slim and even if the game is installed. Installing the game does not magically make all content on the disc available o the HDD. It's just key features from the game and that disc loading still happens when you are still playing.

I would try blowing the Xbox out with a can of air focusing on the area around the lens. If that doesn't work and its under a year old contact Xbox support as they should be able to repair it.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Will try some compressed air.

Man, DRM sure sucks, but I kinda can't wait for physical media to go away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.