Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

HDMi and Turtle Beach

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedingStarX

Now I have been thinking of getting a Turtle Beach headset for my 360 but also to use on my PC for stuff like CS:S and recording gameplays etc (I'm assuming they work on CS:S and steam stuff)

Anyway I am currently using HDMi for my 360, I heard you can get an audio adapter or something that will allow you use HDMi and the Turtle Beach headsets. I did a little research but the only places I found show pictures of the HDMi slots being "blocked off" when using an audio adatper?

Am I missing something here? Anyone roll with HDMi and Turtle Beach's that could possible shed some light on what I'd need etc

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

You plug the Turtle Beach headset into the Xbox via the USB slot on the front of the system. I play with HDMI and I use the Turtle Beadh X11s. Not sure what this audio adapter is that you're talking about.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mano521

if you get turtle beach you gotta get the one that uses the usb slot. the other one that i bought uses audio jacks and it would not work out easily with the HDMI cords. just spring a little more for the usb turtle beach

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By left4doof
    @BleedingStarX I use astro a40 and have the adapter your talking about . The one with the optical slot . It doesn't cover up the hdmi port
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iDarktread
    @BleedingStarX: I know how to fix it, but I don't have the link right now. Give me an hour and I'll post the fix.
    TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Sounds like a bit of misinformation/misunderstanding. It's not the audio adapter, but the standard Xbox360 composite cables that has a little stub that prevents access to the HDMI port (for SOME reason). The audio adapter itself is perfectly fine.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iDarktread
    @BleedingStarX: Okay, here I go. (Images pulled from Google.)

No Caption Provided
    Take a screwdriver to that line on the dark gray thing, not the Xbox itself and pop the case off.  

What you'll get is a greasy plain metal stick that you can plug directly into your Xbox, with the HDMI slot open. Just don't be too hard on it, and make sure to have the thing unpugged from your Xbox when you do it. Also, be careful when attaching and detaching the plug from the Xbox, since there's not all that much holding it together. Well, actually, there is, but be careful anyway!

Here's a Google image of the finished product:

No Caption Provided

Note that it is very difficult to reattach the casing to the plug without glue, or something similar. 

If you don't want to break the casing off, you can buy one of these:  

Xbox 360 Audio Adapter
     Xbox 360 Audio Adapter

It has a plug the same as the regular A/V cable without the case on it.  

The problem with this item is that unfortunately, Microsoft charges something like $50 USD for an official one. I found one used at a local game store for a couple dollars, and you could maybe find a decent off-brand one online.  

I'd recommend going with the hack, though, as long as you're gentle with the device and don't hold me responsible if you destroy it!

Hope this helps.
    BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By BleedingStarX

Yeah I was able to get one today from work, another question I have is if I plug the Turtle Beaches into the "Game In" part of my Hauppauge HD PVR will it record my voice for gameplay?

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@iDarktread: stay classy, Microsoft

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OldManLight

just get a 3rd party audio out adapter that's not as bulky as the component or vga cables and then get whatever headset you want. that way they'll both fit in the slots. i guarantee MS thought of this before hand so people would by their BS branded adapter for HDMI.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.