Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Headset usage less than I was expecting

dibdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dibdab

So I have had an Xbox for a few months now and was expecting there to be more people using headset as the console comes bundled with one.

I bought a headset for the PS3 a while ago and stopped using it after a week or so, as I only ever got into a couple of games where people where using headsets, I am thinking of doing the same with the Xbox headset as have yet to have any game enhancing experiences from it. Now I am a UK based gamer, so the lack of headset usage may be down to the fact that there are many languages spoken in Europe and that is an extra barrier.

I was thinking that Battlefield 3 might increase the use of headsets but this hasn't been the case in my experience. So do you find the headset a good addition to your experience, a source of evil only used by the disturbed or a useless piece of packaging that came bundled with your console?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

make some xbl friends? I dunno that's not a problem here in NA. People spoil ME3 over their headsets all the time....

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By doobie

the headset are ok. its just the cunts that at on the other end that are the problem.

so i just talk to friends

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NorthSarge

I almost exclusively play multiplayer games with people i know. So im getting constant use out of my headset (s). Only problem being the stupid fucking headsets break all the time. I actually pretty much yelled at a gamestop employee since everytime i buy a headset it breaks. He was like uh... i dunno bro try a different one?

Bought a non-microsoft one and it lasted me almost 2 years. Which is more than i can say for the shitty microsoft ones i've had in the past.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By kgb0515

I rarely use a headset when playing with randoms. Sounds like you need to get a squad together to play online. Most people I have come across who use headsets spew filth over "live" anyway, so I tend to mute and ignore most of them. Also, the headset that comes with the system is complete garbage and should only be used in emergency situations. I meet more cool people on PSN since it seems more difficult to get a decent headset that works with the PS3, but my experience on Xbox live has been less than favorable with most randoms.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sopranosfan

I used to always wear them but I simply got tired of kids using racists remarks for no reason and there was very little teamwork so I just quit wearing them.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By asurastrike

I never use my headset unless someone I know in person is online with me.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre

The party chat basically killed ingame chat for most games.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BrockNRolla

The only people I want to talk to on xbl are my friends. The rest of that community is a cess pool.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RE_Player1

I never chat within a game or even party chat. I Skype with my friends now. A couple of us can be playing a game together on one system, a couple people on another or even just playing DS by themselves but still chatting. It's actually really fun.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CABBAGES

Yup it was party chat that ruined it !

In the first few years of the 360 before party stuff games were full of people on headsets.

Most were annoying but it did make some games better.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By kindgineer

There are plenty of clans out there spread about the internet that the amount of friends you could have is infinite. Just find a bunch that fits your style and try to fit yourself into their little clique. I've done this for Halo, WoW, and several other games. Speaking to random people often leads to headaches and frustration.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eugenesaxe

Talking to the enemy humanizes them. I say fsck 'em, let them die in silence.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Lunar_Aura

For the first few days of the one year I had XBL, I used the headset. I'd talk to anybody and everybody.

Then I stopped because I came to a realization about myself. I don't enjoy gaming and talking at the same time unless they're in the same room as me. Even when talking to my real life friends, headset communication seems to get lost in translation, if that even makes sense.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By kogasu

I usually only ever use it for parties with friends or people who are already talking (intelligently without insults or fighting) in a game lobby or something.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By pweidman

It's for friends, and it then enhances every game experience significantly, but venture out into the masses on XBL and talk/listen at your own risk.

Plenty of cool people online, and they are by far the majority in my experience, with the few acting like fools trying to ruin it for everyone else. Meet a few good people and send out FRs, or hit some fav game boards and share your GT would be another option.

Personally, I can't imagine never talking while online, and especially in mp games.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By hockeymask27

@CABBAGES said:

Yup it was party chat that ruined it !

In the first few years of the 360 before party stuff games were full of people on headsets.

Most were annoying but it did make some games better.

I agree I kind of miss but only a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.