Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Help me pick 3 new games for my shiny new Xbox!

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Irishdoom

I finally joined the Xbox 360 party this year, and I'm looking to add 3 new games that are currently going for $40 at Best Buy and Target. One game I'm picking up for certain is Black Ops II. So pick 2 more from the following list:

• WWE 13 (I haven't watched wrestling in years, but have always been a fan of wrestling games. I heard they made some strides with this version)
    • Madden 13 (Huge football fan, but haven't played Madden since Madden 10.)
    • Forza Horizon (Is this redundant since I already have Forza 4?)
    • Halo 4 (I'm thinking maybe if I want to play a shooter I'll be playing Black Ops II.)

I want to focus on the multiplayer aspect of the 360, as I've had a PS3 for some time and have a good PC that I do a lot of single player gaming on. Keep in mind I got the 250GB bundle so have Skyrim and Forza 4 Essentials Edition already, and I also picked up Mass Effect 3 and Crackdown. I also intend to pick up ME1 and ME2. I just want to take advantage of these sales right now.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Aetheldod

Halo 4 and Forza ... that is a no brainer duder :D

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'd go with Forza and Halo 4. Forza is a refreshing change of pace from previous games in the series and Halo 4 does some really intelligent things to the multiplayer that make it a lot of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Halo, Forza.

They're simply the two best games of the group.

EDIT: Also, congrats on your new toy!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011

Halo 4 are Forza: Horizon.

Forza: Horizon is my GOTY.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By JoeyRavn

I haven't played either, but Halo 4 and Forza Horizon seem to be objectively good.

But if you don't trust my unexperienced judgment, get Madden and WWE.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DharmaBum

@Irishdoom said:

• Halo 4 (I'm thinking maybe if I want to play a shooter I'll be playing Black Ops II.)

Play Halo.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Irishdoom

Well, there sure is a consensus so far. :) Forza Horizon won't be too redundant if I already have the Forza 4 Essentials that I haven't broken the plastic on yet? I think I can relegate WWE to something I can pick up for $20 in the not too distant future. I haven't played a Halo game since the original. Is it really that good?

Any feedback on the online modes for Madden 13? How far have they come with that? I guess I'm kinda feeling like I need to get a little more variety.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Irishdoom

@DharmaBum said:

@Irishdoom said:

Play Halo.

The funny thing is I've never played a COD game. (Or any of the big modern military shooters, for that matter.) I just have a friend who plays COD a lot and he's been begging me to pick it up to play with him.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Ben_H

Pssh, screw that list (except Forza Horizon. And I guess if I have to pick a second I'll go with the safe choice of Halo). Get Dead Rising, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Viva Pinata, and maybe an old Gears of War game. 

Forza Horizon is an amazing game. I am a longtime Forza player (I have completed all of them basically other than maybe a couple races) and the direction they went with this game was perfect. I still like my track-based Forza but this game is a ton of fun.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Irishdoom said:

Forza Horizon won't be too redundant if I already have the Forza 4 Essentials that I haven't broken the plastic on yet?

From what I understand, Forza Horizon is Forza gone Test Drive Unlimited 2: a vast open world with multitude of events and challenges, which give you money to upgrade your car. It's not a series of races as previous installments in the franchise.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DharmaBum

@Irishdoom said:

@DharmaBum said:

@Irishdoom said:

Play Halo.

The funny thing is I've never played a COD game. (Or any of the big modern military shooters, for that matter.) I just have a friend who plays COD a lot and he's been begging me to pick it up to play with him.

In that case if you're curious about what all the fuss is with those games and want to play with your friend then go the CoD route, but if you want the better shooter pick up Halo 4. Maybe turn the tables and tell your friend to get Halo as well :P

Gears of War 3 is also a good choice - best third-person shooter out there frankly.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Irishdoom

Oh, I'll definitely be picking up old games as well, over time. But I just want to take advantage of these sales on some big recent games with my hoard of gift cards. I plan to get stuff like the Gears of War Triple Pack, invest in a lot of Arcade stuff I never got to play (like I played the demo for Trials Evolution for like 3 hours last night...holy crap!), and also look into other exclusive stuff I've missed. But most of that stuff is cheap and can be bought willy nilly as I go. :)

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Irishdoom

@DharmaBum said:

@Irishdoom said:

@DharmaBum said:

@Irishdoom said:

Play Halo.

In that case if you're curious about what all the fuss is with those games and want to play with your friend then go the CoD route, but if you want the better shooter pick up Halo 4. Maybe turn the tables and tell your friend to get Halo as well :P

I'm actually not looking forward to it all that much, but like you said I do want to see what all the fuss is about. I'm an older gamer and am not looking forward to being offed constantly by 13 year olds. I've already heard I should mute everyone as a first step. ;)

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By renmckormack

Street Fighter 4

Super Street Fighter 4

Super Street Fighter 4 AE Ver 2012

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By KittyVonDoom

I'm not gonna make a big fuss over this, but Syndicate is one of the best action games of this generation that just so happens to be one of the best shooters of the year. Plus, it's really, really cheap.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sarge1445

@Irishdoom said:

I finally joined the Xbox 360 party this year, and I'm looking to add 3 new games that are currently going for $40 at Best Buy and Target. One game I'm picking up for certain is Black Ops II. So pick 2 more from the following list:

• WWE 13 (I haven't watched wrestling in years, but have always been a fan of wrestling games. I heard they made some strides with this version)

I want to focus on the multiplayer aspect of the 360, as I've had a PS3 for some time and have a good PC that I do a lot of single player gaming on. Keep in mind I got the 250GB bundle so have Skyrim and Forza 4 Essentials Edition already, and I also picked up Mass Effect 3 and Crackdown. I also intend to pick up ME1 and ME2. I just want to take advantage of these sales right now.

Madden 13 and Halo 4

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Irishdoom

So's I did just a little more price shopping and saw Halo 4 is on sale for $40 at Gamestop. So I'm pushing it to 4 games I'm picking up, and it's only costing me about $20 in real money.

Black Ops II

Forza Horizon

Halo 4

Madden 13

I noticed Jeff had that on his top 10 list, and I'll look to add that to my collection as well, just not today! :)

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Carryboy

@RenMcKormack said:

Street Fighter 4

Super Street Fighter 4

And UMVC3 and your sorted for a good couple thousand of hours.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By pweidman

Congrats on your new system, and it sounds like you have plenty of good games to play. I'll just assume you bought gold for the mp capability. Now check out all the nooks and crannies of the dashboard and learn to love the party system. You'll see. ;)

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Two essential arcade games are Pac Man CE DX and Spelunky.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Irishdoom

Yeah, I did the 2 year sub deal, so I do have gold. I also had $80 in BB reward certs, so the system itself cost me all of $20 out of pocket.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By musubi

Forza and Halo 4 no fucking question.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jdh5153

Madden 13 and Forza Horizon are great purchases. Both are stellar games, two of the best of 2012 for sure. FIFA 13 is awesome as well, if you're into soccer. Other great sports games are NBA 2k13 (probably the best presentation out of any sports game) and MLB 2k12 (get the NBA 2k12 / MLB 2k12 double pack).

Halo 4 is great multiplayer fun, as is Black Ops II and Battlefield 3.

Look into some XBLA games as well. Minecraft is a must own, as is Trials Evolution.

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

This is not a new game and it is a downloadable game but Shadow Complex is one of the best 360 exclusives.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Irishdoom

@Fire_Of_The_Wind said:

This is not a new game and it is a downloadable game but Shadow Complex is one of the best 360 exclusives.

That's one I'm planning to look at, I already have the demo downloaded. It's one of those I heard about quite a bit on the Bombcast that I never got the chance to enjoy.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PhilipDuck

Halo 4, Forza Horizon easy dude, two great games, although Forza is the best from that list. Don't buy AC3 on it though.. Christ the bugs in that version had me close to tears!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Justin258

Forza Horizon and Halo Anniversary if you've never played the first game, Halo 4 if you have.

Not that Halo 4 is a bad game - it's actually pretty damn good - but I don't think any Halo game could beat the first one.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Irishdoom

Forza Horizon, Halo 4 and Black Ops II are now in my possession. I'll pick up Madden 13 myself later.

I have played the original Halo on my big old bulky original Xbox.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Well. there won't be WWE '14 version, so might as well. It'll come back, whenever. You're not missing much with Madden. Halo 4 is real nice. I can't believe how good ME3 multiplayer still is. ~ Shame you can't get The Last of Us.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By musclerider
    @RenMcKormack

Street Fighter 4

Super Street Fighter 4

Perfect.
    xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Forza And Halo

sandmanarenas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sandmanarenas

@Irishdoom: Halo 4 and Madden 13 (if you're really into football) if not Forza Horizon

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By UitDeToekomst

definitely Forza Horizon and Halo 4, unless you are a big time fan of sports games. And even if you are a big time fan of sports games, probably.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#35  Edited By mcmax3000

@Blu3V3nom07 said:

Well. there won't be WWE '14 version, so might as well. It'll come back, whenever.

Not at all confirmed at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Bayonetta.

hol5ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hol5ter

I would pick Madden 13 and Halo 4, just because those are my two favorite genres of games. Oh, and welcome to the world of 360!

MURDERSMASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By MURDERSMASH

@Irishdoom said:

I'd say Forza Horizon, and, while it's not on your list, get Fez. FEZ, DUDE. FEZ. JESUS CHRIST, FEZ IS GOOD. GET IT.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By big_jon

Halo 4, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Gears 3, Forza, XCOM, and so on.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By agentboolen

Outta that list I'd go with WWE 13 and Forza Horizon. I'd also throw in Dead or Alive 5 or Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.