Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

How does Game Room work?

nvorgang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By nvorgang

Giant Bomb members, I need some help.   

After watching Game Room quicklooks long enough I decided to download it and give it a try.  
    So how does Game Room work?  Do I just download each game pack and then have to buy each game from that pack individually or is there a bundle that I can buy? 
    Any help would be great.  

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By sixdemonbag

Yeah, each pack holds a certain number of games.   If there was a specific game you're looking for you may want to check out the pack descriptions.  The packs are free to download and then you buy each game in-game.
    rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By rjpelonia

Poorly.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By fox01313

You can also buy each game fully or spend a smaller number of points for a single play. Some of these are probably better off playing it once just to play it past the demo for the medals/score though the best thing is just demo each game to see if you like it or not.

nvorgang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By nvorgang
    @sixdemonbag: Cool.  Thanks for the info.  The way it's set up is very convoluted on Microsoft's end.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

You purchase arcade cabinets of your favorite old games, put them in your game room, and then you get extremely disappointed when it turns out those games suck, and you wasted your money on them.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

You download the game room application, then you go to its extras area and download gamepack 1-11 I think now. then in game you can go through and purchase either game tokens or purchase rights to play each game either on the 360 or a anytime use license to use it on 360 and pc. 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @schattenwolf86 said:
    " @sixdemonbag: Cool.  Thanks for the info.  The way it's set up is very convoluted on Microsoft's end. "
    It definitely is. That's probably at least somewhat responsible for it's all but total failure.
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Kjellm87

You sir, have made a wise decision

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Grissefar

It's a test of sanity. The point is to see how many games you can play before you go nuts.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Sin4profit
    @schattenwolf86:  i dunno i would recommend buying any of the games unless you have retro arcade fans on yer friends list who want to play competitively for high scores. 

However, if you're interested in historical value, you can demo each game once for 8 min. There's a rewind ( do over) function built into the demo so you can go a good length and get an idea of what each game has to offer.  

As a museum of retro gaming, it can have some appeal but for the most part it's best value is in the Giant Bomb Quick Looks. 

@WilliamRLBaker: I could be wrong but i think they did away with Tokens in Game Room last i checked.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Sin4profit said:
    " @schattenwolf86:  i dunno i would recommend buying any of the games unless you have retro arcade fans on yer friends list who want to play competitively for high scores. 

However, if you're interested in historical value, you can demo each game once for 8 min. There's a rewind ( do over) function built into the demo so you can go a good length and get an idea of what each game has to offer.  

As a museum of retro gaming, it can have some appeal but for the most part it's best value is in the Giant Bomb Quick Looks. 

@WilliamRLBaker: I could be wrong but i think they did away with Tokens in Game Room last i checked. "

hmm they do? I was sure they still had tokens for one time plays on other peoples cabinets they had purchased. 
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By CptChiken
    @RJPelonia said:
    " Poorly. "
    ZINGGGGGGG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.