Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

So I finally managed to get screwed

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Worthy

I have never in my whole 24 years been hacked or scammed. But I finally had to bite the dust.

Today I noticed that someone bought 2000 points randomly on my account while I was not even near the xbox. Tried to log on to XBL and the account was not connected to my liveID anymore so it promted me to get a new tag!

I hope that the 2000 points where all they manage to get and I hope even more that I can get my old account back. Would suck to buy all the DLC etc again. The worst part is actually having to cancel my CC and get a new one. 3-7days without a card is crazy shit!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By htr10

that sucks, man.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

@Worthy: Contact Microsoft immediately.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By McGhee

Yeah, I went and canceled my card when the PS3 thing hit. Hacker scum.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Jrad

@Worthy said:

3-7days without a card is crazy shit!

Do people really depend on their credit cards that much?... I use mine once in a blue moon for the occasional Amazon purchase.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Worthy

@JJOR64 said:

@Worthy: Contact Microsoft immediately.

Aye, did so. The kind support-person referred me to call them. Problem is that they are not open here in Norway on Sundays, so I got to wait until after work/at break tomorrow to contact them. I dont really care much for the 2000 points, I am just hoping I can get the damn account back.

Funny thing, was kinda shrugging my shoulder at the Fifa12 issue, thinking it had to be keylogging etc. But it seems its nothing like that at all. my paypal account is not touched nor is any other account I have on the internet.

But there really seem to be a security-hole/breach with the Fifa Ultimate Team thing.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Worthy

@Jrad said:

@Worthy said:

3-7days without a card is crazy shit!

Do people really depend on their credit cards that much?... I use mine once in a blue moon for the occasional Amazon purchase.

Its so much better then carrying cash around. And I use it for almost every purchase I make everyday since I hate dragging coins around. (Norway and their heavy coins :( )

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

I was expecting this to be about getting proper fucked while playing an Xbox 360 console. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed.

With that said, sucks to hear that, man. My cousin got hacked a little while back, and it bummed him out enough to stop playing Xbox outright for about eight months. He finally came back over because he realized that none of his friends have a PS3.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Worthy

@jakob187: Haha sorry to disappoint you there. It would be much more entertaining if that was the fact. I finally managed to check out the "billing" section of the MS site, as my old email is somehow still connected there, just not with the account. They only got the 2000 points plus the 90 I had. And they transfer'ed it away right now, so at least I hope I can get my account back. Calling them ASAP tomorrow when I get home from work.

EDIT:

I will probably continue to use my xbox for games, as it seems EA is to blame for this and not microsoft directly. though I will never ever store my info on the xbox or use anything besides point cards from now on.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By samfo
    @Worthy: Pretty sure EA is not to blame for this...
    Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Worthy

@SamFo: Not sure tbh, as I've had my CC information on the xbox since I started using it 4 years ago-ish. Nothing happened until I tried playing the Ultimate Team stuff. Might be a coincidence though, still. Never had issues before so I'll stay away from it at least!

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tomkang

This has happened to me twice, but with 6000 msp each time, just phone your bank and MS and tell them. I got my money back and somehow managed to keep the points. Your xbl account will be locked while the bank/MS investigates the claim though :L, took about a month

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Undeadpool

@Tomkang said:

This has happened to me twice, but with 6000 msp each time, just phone your bank and MS and tell them. I got my money back and somehow managed to keep the points. Your xbl account will be locked while the bank/MS investigates the claim though :L, took about a month

Something I've always been curious about: they don't refund any XBL: Gold time lost do they? Like give you a credit or extend your time?

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Djratchet

Congrats!

Oh by screwed you meant you got phished... That sucks man :(

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By samfo
    @Undeadpool: I got two cards each for a month in my account recovery email.
    Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tomkang

@SamFo: They send codes to you, month, 3 month etc.

though they dont seem to be consistent about that, never got back that month. On the other hand 6000 msp makes up for that ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.