Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

Your expectations for Xbox Showcase 2023?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

We've got only one more week until Xbox Showcase 2023 event, so I would like to see you guys share your speculations.

My expectations:

• Forza Motorsport Reboot (Handling model updates and having a penalty system to punish rammers, track cutters and wall riders during race sessions)
    • New Rallisport Challenge installment
    • New Project Gotham Racing installment
    • Have a futuristic 1st party racing game (Either Quantum Redshift or a new IP)
    • Halo franchise update
    • Perfect Dark Reboot gameplay footage
    • Gears of War franchise update
    • New gameplay footage of Starfield
    • New accessories for Xbox Series X/S
    • More things to come...
    mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i'll be happy if there's anything resembling a narrative-forward, single player game. something original would be nice, but an outside-the-box interpretation would also work.

i'd also take a hellblade update, though i imagine the next time that game gets mentioned it's with a release date inside of 6 months.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna see gameplay for the stuff announced already, absolutely no CG trailers. Avowed is the one I would like to see the most, but really curious about the structure and gameplay loop of Fable & Perfect Dark.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I expect Fable but there's going to be some monkey's paw bullshit with it because we can't just have a Fable-ass Fable game. Other than that probably more emphasis on Game Pass, probably bent towards the PC market.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By AV_Gamer

Things I expect but won't likely happen are gameplay footage of both Hellblade 2 and Fable IV. If we're lucky, and I use the word loosely, we'll get more CGI trailers. I expect a special segment showcasing Starfield, in fact I think they said as much. But I expect to see smooth gameplay, like a full mission or close to it being done. A release date for the latest Forza Motorsport. A content heavy DLC update announcement for Forza Horizon Mexico. Maybe some DLC for Hi-Fi Rush. Other than that, I can't think of anymore exclusives they have, but hopefully some new ones will get announced and the release days won't be that far off. I don't think we're getting a new Halo or Gears anytime soon. And if an announcement happens for either, it will just be a logo and nothing else. Meaning not ready until 2025/26

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My expectation, based on Microsoft’s recent track record, is to be underwhelmed. What I’m most hoping for is a good slate of summer Game Pass releases (beyond Exoprimal), gameplay for Avowed, and to come away from the Starfield showcase with any real excitement to play the game in 3 months. I would also like a Forza Motorsport release date, although I’m afraid it’ll be added to the October muddle of notable releases.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

It would be scary if we did not see Fable or the Perfect Dark reboot this year. An update on the Gears franchise seems safe considering we are nearing the fifth anniversary of Gears 5.

My wilder prediction is that we see something involving the Indiana Jones game from MachineGames.

For a game we have yet to hear anything about that debuts at this event, I'm guessing maybe a Killer Instinct sequel?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules: I agree but I'm not into the Hellblade series since I'm not a fan of M-rated games (Regardless of their party).

@thepanzini: Understood, but I still don't mind about CG trailers though, I still like Perfect Dark's gameplay even though but I can handle it as long it's not too violent.

@sparky_buzzsaw: I hope the Fable franchise won't go down.

@av_gamer: Oh yes, I would like to see Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon series' future is going to be.

@allthedinos: I 100% agree with what you've said.

@zombiepie: I almost forgot about the Indiana Jones game from MachineGames and I'm really curious to see gameplay footage in the near future.

I would like to see a new Killer Instinct installment since I liked the 2013 game but I'm still Guilty Gear and BlazBlue fanboy though.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interested to see what Perfect Dark looks like and whether they can at all recapture what i adore about the original, my guess is no, but the world is extremely short on AAA linear first person shooters, so it'll probably be worth playing regardless.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're going to announce that they're pulling out of the Activision-Blizzard-King deal, to the roaring applause of gamers everywhere across all platforms.

Seriously though, I don't know if they have anything in the immediate pipeline other than Starfield. Games that aren't coming out in years I'd rather they don't even talk about. Maybe they could do another round of new backwards-compatible games.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

Spencer on the stage saying only actual game footage here if he can be so bald.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Ginormous76

Update on Hellblade: Senua's Saga

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

@gtxforza: Actually, with that Greenberg tweet all those outlets were keen to cover, it's more likely that Spencer would play nice on that stage and not say so.

Avatar image for theodoricfriede
    TheodoricFriede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft is getting desperate, so I have a long shot prediction.

The Outer Worlds 2 is quietly canceled, and we get our first teaser trailer for an Obsidian Fallout.

cubbielover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I want is info on games coming to Game Pass within the next 6 months. Both big and small games. I would like variety.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantpipoc: Got it.

@theodoricfriede: I don't want Microsoft's reputation to go down and they are better to be good.

@cubbielover: This is an awesome choice for you and I hope you will enjoy its future games.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wollywoo

I just want something indicating Starfield will be good. The last trailer was a bit underwhelming. Give me some rad space battles and some interesting non-generic story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.