Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Kid gets an Xbox One because of "reasons"; uploads video

• 119 results
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No offense dudes.... but I actually work at a job where I have to help people.... fix things relating to sound systems, video game systems, tvs, routers, etc etc. When dealing with people over the phone I often actually do hear them call in their 12-16 year old kids to do the work for them and the kid is often better at it than the adult is. This kid is sort of dumb. Most of them in his age group I deal with know what an HDMI cable is and often can do most of the hooking up stuff without me having to say more than what cable to use.

If anything this video is a testament to how easy it is to get a video on youtube, someone doesn't know what an hdmi cable is but they can get a video posted on the internet. Either that or the kid knew what all this stuff was he just had no idea what to say about it. In which case I cant blame him because I kind of think unboxing videos are ... stupid. Look a POWER SUPPPLY OH MAI GAWD SHIIIITTTT!!!!

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hope he has fun not being able to play any games on it for the next two months.

I've got to imagine he receives the harshest possible treatment with regards to his xbox account (both from microsoft and from his parents). Good luck playing anything online on Xbox ever.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bbalpert said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@wjb said:

Welp, as usual I came in too late. I'm sure it was a nice discussion!

Here's a mirror someone made.

I was going to ask why putting up a mirror of an NDA-breaching video wouldn't be just as big a deal as the original upload of the material, but I realized halfway through typing it out that the person uploading the mirror wouldn't have signed/been bound by the NDA. It seems like it still could cause some problems.

And for the record, I don't mean that you would be the one getting in trouble for sharing the video, @blu3v3nom07, I was talking mostly about whoever uploaded that mirror.

A Mustafa Husham sounds like a totally real name. And I'd like to think that I would make a way better YouTube name than that.

• Mr. Mufopolis
    • Roscoe, King of the Everglades
    • Big Jeffrey's Creepy Voice
    • Banarama and Tank-Kicking Gang
    EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By EXTomar

So this is "bad" because a kid has gotten some adults disciplined or fired or it is "bad" because it is actually "astroturfing".

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#105  Edited By monkeyking1969

@hailinel said:

When this kid is given an anal probe by Microsoft, it will also be because of reasons.

Be a clever fellow, and understand Microsoft is just as likely LEAKING these videos or letting them be leaked. Microsoft is desperate for some 'authenticity', so they are punting system in people's hands knowing videos will result.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Batteries confirmed! This thing practically pays for itself!

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Really....why are they still using batteries?

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:
    @randomhero666 said:

Going by his accent, i'd say he lives within 60 miles of me.

Yep, definitely Belfast or Derry

I'm from Belfast and his accent is similar to mine, but then there are some words that he pronounces way differently.

I'm from Lisburn, can't pin his accent either, seems to vary a load. Anyway, for the right people it would be pretty easy to figure out who in Northern Ireland could have access to one of these

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There's no relevant new information in these videos right?

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted that Xbox one Don't tell my parents i posted a video on you tube edition its early access !

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By zeushbien

To the people saying this kid is an idiot, that he should be punished, that he should face legal consequences: 1. Calm down. 2. Grow up.

This is a child we are talking about. All he's done is show, in the most superficial way possible, what you will find in Xbox One boxes this November--just a few weeks from now. This is irrelevant information that is already widely known and it is absolutely the most harmless thing in the world. The ability of the companies in the video games business to keep secrets makes video game journalism worse, not better, so let's not, as a community, root for corporations whose interest in the artform really begins and ends in profit and against the interests of we who consume and appreciate the medium and therefore video game journalism. Let's not be the community who's so mindlessly obsequious that we eagerly offer up a child on the sacrificial altar for making the mistake of transgressing against The Great Microsoft. Relax. All that needs to happen is for his parents to tell him to cut it out because the people who work at Mommy's office have to honor ridiculous agreements to keep companies like Microsoft happy.

Well said. Certain posts in this thread are just filled with a malice and a lack of humanity I find incredibly disturbing. Quite sad to see honestly..

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

As opposed to using what? AA batteries are inexpensive and readily available worldwide. It's a fine choice.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#113  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    @mb said:

@bigboss1911 said:

As opposed to using what? AA batteries are inexpensive and readily available worldwide. It's a fine choice.

And the newer play-and-charge kit is relatively cheap. Hopefully it gets better charge, and lasts longer and all that. But that's fine.

Keep the action going with the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit. Recharge while you play or afterwards, even when your Xbox is in standby. The long-lasting rechargeable battery fully charges in under 4 hours.* Say goodbye to disposable batteries and having to swap them out in the middle of a game.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By KittyVonDoom

These viral advertisements are getting WEIRD

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@deegee said:

This guy is gonna get a fucking hammer of legal shit coming down on him. Nintendo flew a man out to a small town that sold copies of Pokemon X and Y early and shut the store down and took photo's of everyone who were sold the game and had to return it.

That's just one game, this is a next gen console made by an even bigger company.

SOURCE. GIVE ME YOUR SOURCE!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By xyzygy

Batteries confirmed! This thing practically pays for itself!

You can plug it in and make it wired. You can use the controller without ever having touched a battery in your life. Options.

@karkarov said:

No offense dudes.... but I actually work at a job where I have to help people.... fix things relating to sound systems, video game systems, tvs, routers, etc etc. When dealing with people over the phone I often actually do hear them call in their 12-16 year old kids to do the work for them and the kid is often better at it than the adult is. This kid is sort of dumb. Most of them in his age group I deal with know what an HDMI cable is and often can do most of the hooking up stuff without me having to say more than what cable to use.

If anything this video is a testament to how easy it is to get a video on youtube, someone doesn't know what an hdmi cable is but they can get a video posted on the internet. Either that or the kid knew what all this stuff was he just had no idea what to say about it. In which case I cant blame him because I kind of think unboxing videos are ... stupid. Look a POWER SUPPPLY OH MAI GAWD SHIIIITTTT!!!!

I got the same vibe when I first watched this. The kid is stuttering over an HDMI and power brick. He just came off as technologically useless. The way he described the entire bundle was so... inexperienced.

earlygrab666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't this exact same thing happen just before the release of the 360? I could have sworn it was even the same senario, a kid of a an employee.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If this isn't staged than I'm Elvis Presley.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks chana to me imo.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#121  Edited By isomeri

@jasbir said:

Looks chana to me imo.

What? Your last two posts have been completely illegible, so I'm assuming that you'r either a robot, troll or a struggling non-English speaker (in which case I'd apologize for being rude). Please share your thoughts, but it would be nice to be able to comprehend those thoughts.

Loading Video...

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

@jasbir said:

Looks chana to me imo.

What? Your last two posts have been completely illegible, so I'm assuming that you'r either a robot, troll or a struggling non-English speaker (in which case I'd apologize for being rude). Please share your thoughts, but it would be nice to be able to comprehend those thoughts.

Loading Video...

me no speak vely good englih

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.