Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Rumour: XONE might release on 11/08/13

• 48 results
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

The PlayStation 4 is out in the US on November 15. The Xbox One? Well, it's looking like it could hit the market a week ahead of its competitor. ..

The source, who works for a marketing company that handles signage and product placement for retail giant Walmart, passed along what they say is an email for a company conference call that lists all the midnight openings the chain has planned. ..

Note however that, unlike every other date listed, the Xbox One's lacks a "confirmed" status, suggesting Microsoft is yet to lock the date down.

No Caption Provided

Kotaku: The Xbox One Might Be Out On November 8

That would be crazy! A whole week before PS4.. Having another Friday launch is Also interesting. Well, at least its not very far after the 360 Ghosts release date.

Fucking interesting! Thoughts?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Seems legit.

Id use my sick days for Friday and Saturday. Then week vacation afterwards.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I don't think a couple days is anything to get worked up over. It's not going to make someone that was going to get a PS4 cancel their preorder and get a X-Box 3 instead. If it was a couple months then that would be another thing. I have no interest in either of them anyway though I will probably grab a PS4 someday. Assuming it works out like the PS3 where it has interesting exclusives at some point.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a bit late to hit 11/08/2013 I mean its just gone 27/08/2013.......oh wait...you are using the american system.....the wrong system. So yeah that was confusing.

Considering all he last up to the minute changes Xbone is doing they might not be fit for a November release and then it might be worse than RRod if they dont have the hardware set right.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

But then Watchdogs won't be a day-one launch game!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it will. They said it will be out on next gen when they hit.

@akyho said:

Its a bit late to hit 11/08/2013 I mean its just gone 27/08/2013.......oh wait...you are using the american system.....the wrong system. So yeah that was confusing.

Considering all he last up to the minute changes Xbone is doing they might not be fit for a November release and then it might be worse than RRod if they dont have the hardware set right.

Im sure they have had stuff being made by now.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iamjohn

I could see them swing it.

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@the_laughing_man: Day one != launch window. I don't think Watch Dogs was ever slated for day one.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm....interesting indeed.

The earlier the better I say. Too bad I'm probably not going to pick it up this year but I will bathe in your excitement until I'm ready.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Congrats to those getting an XBone I guess, they get the multiplatform next-gen games a week early. I don't really care about any of the games launching this year on either system so I'm not sweating picking up my PS4 later than sooner.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how they list it as "Xbox 1"

But seriously that's not a bad date assuming the console is as ready as my body.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But seriously that's not a bad date assuming the console is as ready as my body.

Who knows the paper does look a bit fake now that Ive seen it a few times.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95 said:

The date too. It says November 8 but every other game has a double digit day.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@the_laughing_man said:

@turtlebird95 said:

The date too. It says November 8 but every other game has a double digit day.

If this were true, it would be funny that Xbox One owners would have nothing to play but Call of Duty until the PS4 launched a week later. Funny, and kind of sad.

Either way, whenever these systems come out, they'll both be sold out everywhere, so I hardly see why a week or two matters in either direction. Far more important will be the number of systems both companies can continue to manufacture throughout the holidays, moving into next year.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Seppli

Well, it won't be out in Switzerland 'til 2014. So despite me warming to the idea of getting an Xbox One, I won't even be able to get one. Oh well, I shouldn't get one 'til its first pricedrop in a couple of years anyways - I really don't need it next to my PC and PS4, I merely want to play its exclusives, some time.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think that is the NA realese date wonder about europe

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there really an advantage to launching a little bit early? You're not going to pull Sony people to the X1, and is anyone on the fence going to take getting it slightly earlier into account? I'd like to think people put more thought into major purchases than that.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By StarvingGamer

@starvinggamer said:

But Watchdogs doesn't come out until Nov. 19. Or are you saying you believe that Watchdogs will be an 11-day timed exclusive?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

@starvinggamer said:

But Watchdogs doesn't come out until Nov. 19. Or are you saying you believe that Watchdogs will be an 11-day timed exclusive?

I recall reading some where that Ubisoft said it will be on next gen console WHEN THEY ARE RELEASED. But again ya the paper looks real fake now.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It seems crazy no one is going to take advantage of the 11/12/13 date.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Oh, you mean 08/11/13...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#24  Edited By alistercat

Oh, you mean 08/11/13...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Humanity

I'll happily pick up my XBO on November 8th ... 2014 when it becomes available in my region..

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By djou

Seems absolutely essential that they release ahead of Sony in the US. Sony slipped in that they have a million preorders. I imagine MS would have done the same if they could. Their only hope to bring the numbers up is to align themselves as close as possible to Call of Duty and hope people cancel their PS4 preorders because they want to be a part of the next-gen first bandwagon.

It would also be an uncharacteristic confident move since they would be first with their new servers online. MS better have their ducks in a row, if this is a shitshow the bad PR is going to be venomous.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wallmart is sending a shit ton of mixed messages. The have BF4 for X1 shipping 10/29. But day one games for 11/26. Cod for 11/5.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft really needs to announce this soon where they should have made plans for the date months ago. Fans get way more excited knowing a date than speculating about it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wallmart is sending a shit ton of mixed messages. The have BF4 for X1 shipping 10/29. But day one games for 11/26. Cod for 11/5.

I remember when the Original Xbox launched and games were available for purchase a week or two ahead of launch. I picked up Cel Damage and one other game. Oh, 2001.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

You'll have to let me know how that is.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes you can buy it November 8. The servers won't be up until December though. /Mad predictions

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@akyho said:

All of the changes they're doing (removing the online requirement, removing the Kinect requirement) are strictly software based. There would be no reason any of it would have any effect on hardware. If the hardware has issues, it'll be unrelated to all of the post-E3 changes.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard a rumor that the XBone sales will launch on 13/13/13.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Bah rumours. I've heard the 1st, the 8th, the 21st. Honestly, the earlier the better for me so I can focus on exams later on.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The only fact we have right now is that the console will launch in some countries during this year and frankly with all the flip-flopping Microsoft's been doing even that timeline is up for debate.

You will get to buy the Xbox One when it is nice and ready and hopefully not a moment sooner. I'd rather have a nice launch in December than a complete disaster in October.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be surprised if this turns out to be legit. I kind of figured whoever announced their launch date first, the other would try to beat it by a week. Sony probably feels cautiously comfortable right now, so they don't have to push for a super early release date; MS, on the other hand, has been beaten badly at every stage, so this is their last opportunity to get a shot in and 'win' something in this early race.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho said:

Well, you are on an American website so of course we're going to talk American style. 11/8/13 is a pretty good date, the closer to BF4 the better though,

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OurSin_360

Sounds about right, they aren't going to release on black friday or the same day as the ps4. So it's either push it to the 29th or drop early on the 8th, but i think it'll depend on how many units they can finish by that time.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EXTomar

ISO dates always made sense to me: 2013-11-08. Or we could just ask the Mayans which would answer "13.0.0.16.2".

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sometimes get confused by the American date format, my first thought when I saw the headline was: "but that was 16 days ago?".

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sooner the better, but it doesn't really matter unless it was near the very end of the month.

Thinking about putting my ps4 on ebay if there is crazy demand around Christmas. It's going to be tough not opening that box.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou said:

Seems absolutely essential that they release ahead of Sony in the US. Sony slipped in that they have a million preorders. I imagine MS would have done the same if they could. Their only hope to bring the numbers up is to align themselves as close as possible to Call of Duty and hope people cancel their PS4 preorders because they want to be a part of the next-gen first bandwagon.

It would also be an uncharacteristic confident move since they would be first with their new servers online. MS better have their ducks in a row, if this is a shitshow the bad PR is going to be venomous.

Why? I don't think a week either way is going to matter. Not even a month. I'd be highly surprised if both consoles don't sell out their launch stock. The way I see it, the first 10 million will sell as fast as they can manufacture them. And that's still going to take at least 6 months. Microsoft has 4x the user base they did 8 years ago. The market itself is much bigger now than it was 8 years ago.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

If true does this mean watch dogs will launch with it?

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

normally i would say its a good lead but its only a week and if the supply will be limited i don't think it will matter much. If xbones sell out the first few days most people will have to wait anyway.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet there's going to be some people out in the world. Who's going to buy a xbox one, get some beers, pay for a stripper, have sex while playing the game, and wake up with a hangover.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the 8th confirmed? Just stopped by a Microsoft store to see how big this thing really is and the employee told me that they told Microsoft stores yesterday that it is being released on the 8th.

She might have no idea what she is talking about, but she didn't seem like she goes to video game sites for the latest rumors.

Also, the console itself is nowhere near as large as it seems in picture or videos. Definitely thinner than I thought it was going to be. The controller looks fantastic.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117: kotaku has made another story saying their first was wrong.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@syed117: kotaku has made another story saying their first was wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.