Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One's Release Date Is November 22

• 120 results
    GreasyWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@gavingt said:

@ghostchant: Anything under 2 GHZ is underclocking the Jaguar CPU. So they're just underclocking it less now. 1.6 GHZ was considered the sweet spot for cooling purposes, but now we can assume they're confident enough in their cooling setup that they can crank it up to 1.75 GHZ.

Confident in their cooling setup or extremely worried that their console lags behind the competition?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MS need kudos for not jamming a delay into the release. Screw that part of the PS4 hard.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@meatsim said:
    @nictel said:

@meatsim: Save a $100 and get it on PS4? Or do you prefer the Xbox One?

It's only a 50 dollar different since I would have to get PS+ membership to play multiplayer and I already have a gold membership for 360. Plus I prefer the Xbox controller over the DualShock.

I preferred the Xbox 360 controller over the DualShock 3. Having tried both this past weekend at PAX, I prefer the DualShock 4 over the Xbox One controller.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmm how can they change processor speed at this stage? overclocking?

Yea, they said they had it set conservatively so there was room to up the clock speed. They havent redone the hardware.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

WANT WANT WANT WANT

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
    deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeeeeah, I'll rather take the 15 days delay of PS4 than "hopefully sometime early 2014" delay of Xbox One.

Not that I'm getting PS4 on launch either.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

At this point, what does it mean not to be in those countries list? Before they removed the online DRM, I could see it being a problem, but how about now?

I would still be able to buy one from the nearest country, and I will register my account as US, so I wouldn't see the country absence as a big issue...

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@joshth said:

More like Xboned! Am I right guys?! Where's the high-fives?

*High five*

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

what's "Fighter Within"?

gavingt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arawk: It's no Funky Barn but it'll do.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@sergio said:

@meatsim said:
    @nictel said:

@meatsim: Save a $100 and get it on PS4? Or do you prefer the Xbox One?

It's only a 50 dollar different since I would have to get PS+ membership to play multiplayer and I already have a gold membership for 360. Plus I prefer the Xbox controller over the DualShock.

I preferred the Xbox 360 controller over the DualShock 3. Having tried both this past weekend at PAX, I prefer the DualShock 4 over the Xbox One controller.

What would you say is the reasoning for picking the PS4 controller over xbox one?

Did the Xbox controller seem like a step back in terms of usability? Does the PS4 controller really hit it out of the park as a comfortable to use controller?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I can't understand how the fuck you look at that lineup and think its a bad launch. That's all I hear from Brad on any podcast over the last 2 months. But look at that! You don't have a PC that can max out many of those multiplatform games and this lineup for both systems is one of the best ever. There is no Mario 64 in there but there is something for everyone. I am guessing many people think the launch titles suck because you can play on the old consoles or they are on the PC. But when did consoles launch with huge franchises like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed? Or Big 1st party titles like Forza or on the PS4, Killzone? And you get Watchdogs day 1 also. These launches look rock solid to me.

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedbeet said:

Really didn't imagine them launching after PS4. I thought Jeff Gerstmann's idea was solid; launch on the 5th with Call of Duty. Probably won't really make a difference but that's some missed synergy.

Or throw in Call of Duty:Ghost for free with U.S. pre-orders.

Stubert73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Stubert73

I was dying for the 360 to come out when that launched, and even though I couldn't get one right at launch, I was still an early adopter. Unfortunately for me, that meant I got into the horrible RRoD cycle (I had 4). Long story short: my previous experience, plus the attached Kinect mean that I will be waiting to see how the early launches pan out for both Sony and MS before I take the plunge into next gen.

Avatar image for thekitkatshuffler
    thekitkatshuffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All reports are that the PS4 and X1 controllers are on par with eachother, a few saying the PS4 is better.

Unless the images of the Dualshock 4 I've seen are photoshopped, then its sticks are still in the wrong place, so it's nowhere close to the Xbone's controller, regardless of what other improvements they've made.

Besides which, not all reports are toeing the line about DS4 closing the gap on Microsoft's offering. There's plenty of publications saying it still has problems with overall comfort and its triggers.

MakeWitheFunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if anyone has asked or answered this, is this the first time that both a call of duty game and a numbered battlefield game have been on two launch consoles, the two past consoles, and the PC? And has there been any mention of shared servers with the new consoles and PC?

Thuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostchant: Most modern processors have a variable range, and can clock themselves faster or slower depending on need and current temperature range. It's likely that they were able to get the cooling working well enough to handle a a bit more heat, so they clocked the chips up a tad.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By rangers517

@thekitkatshuffler said:

@strainedeyes said:

All reports are that the PS4 and X1 controllers are on par with eachother, a few saying the PS4 is better.

Unless the images of the Dualshock 4 I've seen are photoshopped, then its sticks are still in the wrong place, so it's nowhere close to the Xbone's controller, regardless of what other improvements they've made.

Besides which, not all reports are toeing the line about DS4 closing the gap on Microsoft's offering. There's plenty of publications saying it still has problems with overall comfort and its triggers.

Are you serious? Comfort seems to be the biggest thing everyone says about the DS4 once they use it. And most articles I've seen comparing them have said the DS4 is on par or better than the Xbone's controller.

pixelatedsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By pixelatedsoul

@thehbk: Technically, Watchdogs isn't day one for PS4, but I agree with what you're saying. This line up is basically loaded with AAA software and everyone seems to be ignorant of that fact.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    Rahvar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's put it like this. My local Gamestop in a decent suburban area in Sweden has 21 Xbox One preorders and 125 PS4 ones... Yes I know that the Xbox One isnt released here this year but the number difference was the same even before that announcement.

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

Strange date

1 week after the PS4 in the USA

1 week before the PS4 in the UK

I was expecting it earlier in the month.

Duxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More games than I can physically play on PC this fall, including anything id be interested in on consoles... no desire to drop half a grand on just another box that does what my PC does but worse... id rather go on a cruise for that $$.... I will be picking up PS4 or 360 in a year or two, when there are compelling reasons to get it beyond the simple "its shiny and I want it"... by then it should be around $300. WIN-WIN. I get to play everything i want and I get to save money :) And perhaps if previous gen is any indication by then they will iron out any YLOD and RROD issues.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By Cybexx

I didn't realize Crimson Dragon was a launch game, that could be cool.

I also don't think Dead Rising 3 looks as bad as people are making it out to be. In fact the most disappointing bit of the E3 demo to me was that the character movement was still pandering a bit to the series legacy of character animation stiffness and the animation blending wasn't up to the snuff of most western developed action games.

degsybright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i personally think the release date is wrong , the console is so US focused in terms of the applications it has the partnerships it has made etc that not coming out first could be the issue, and as others have pointed out its maybe too close to whatever black friday is .(sorry im english i know its a big shopping day but not much more)

The console doesnt have much in the way of selling features to a specifically European market throwing fifa in is a nice touch but its more expensive and not being released in a lot of the continent.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FirebirdINF

@themanwithnoplan said:

Next gen is coming fast and hard!

Back of the box...

Also, @brad can probably be chilling about his bet with Vinny that there are not 10 launch games better than Brothers.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PEGGLE TWO!

More like MICROTRANSACTION TWO! amiright or am I right?

poheroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

peggel 2! that's what matters!

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again I reapeat myself,
    hearing the bomb crew saying that the launch line up is bad is depressing.

I don't think there was ever a better launch line up, ever. Probably will never be one as good either.

To me, it just shows how no longer relevant these guys ( great guys..don't get me wrong) have become. Jaded, unenthusiastic and narrow minded journalists clinging to job they no longer seem to enjoy because they are constantly reminded by younger people how cool and great being a gaming journalist is.

Sad

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

We, have change out process or by 0.1GHz....wow that sounds unimpressive, so let's try again.

We have changed our processor from 1.65GHz to 1.75GHz...err still not impressive enough lets try again.

We changed our processor from 1.6GHz to 1.75GHz...see its more numbers and the numbers are bigger!!!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Buying Super Mario 3D World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds instead of an Xbone on Nov. 22.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@thekitkatshuffler said:

@strainedeyes said:

Are you serious? Comfort seems to be the biggest thing everyone says about the DS4 once they use it. And most articles I've seen comparing them have said the DS4 is on par or better than the Xbone's controller.

It's also a matter of preference. I prefer the analog sticks next to each other ala DS4.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo: that's ridiculous, it's not a marketing move.

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostchant: A processors speed is the clock speed, so yes.

SpicyRichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SpicyRichter

If people already own monitors, keyboards, controllers and all that jazz, you can get a PC that'll play these games for the price of a X1... people realize this right?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If people already own monitors, keyboards, controllers and all that jazz, you can get a PC that'll play these games for the price of a X1... people realize this right?

Not quite that simple. If it was that simple of a decision people wouldn't buy consoles.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'm just getting older and money needs to be elsewhere this fall personally, but I don't really get this "Fuck you Microsoft, it's like you don't want me to buy the console because I have to wait a few months past the US launch here in my tiny market country."-mentality. What's the big deal? Sure, the zeitgeist is fun to be a part of, but come on. When the next generation actually begins to matter, you'll have your console.

Whatever, it will still be interesting to see the US sales numbers this fall when they do get released so close to each other.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@nashvilleskyline:

None of those games are even out yet. How can you say it's the best lineup ever? I'd be really surprised if any one of those games could hold a candle to Halo CE or Super Mario World (or 64).

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@pezen said:

Maybe I'm just getting older and money needs to be elsewhere this fall personally, but I don't really get this "Fuck you Microsoft, it's like you don't want me to buy the console because I have to wait a few months past the US launch here in my tiny market country."-mentality. What's the big deal? Sure, the zeitgeist is fun to be a part of, but come on. When the next generation actually begins to matter, you'll have your console.

Whatever, it will still be interesting to see the US sales numbers this fall when they do get released so close to each other.

What's there to get? In those territories offer A says: "we'll be out in november", offer B says: "fuck all that noise, we'll be out sometime in 2014". Consumer says: "well, since both offers seem quite similar, I guess I'll pick up offer A in the holiday spending season."

Of course, there are still people who really like something particular about what offer B is selling and will just choose to wait until they can get it, which is fine as well but given the fact that people generally go out for large purchases during the holiday season, this group will probably be in the minority.

Saga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I can't wait! I've already made my pre-order with Dead Rising 3. I'm considering Ryse as well....

Neckbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rvone: I don't think your example phrases matches this situation. To me it sounds more like;

• A: "We'll be out in November"
    • B: "We'll be out in November in limited territories. But in your country, C, somewhere in 2014."
    • C: "Fuck you B, I can't wait until 2014 because I'm impatient and I take this personally. You lost a sale."

What I mean is, I don't get the "I want this now or never" mentality. I totally get why people spend money during the holiday season, that's not what I was talking about though.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neckbear: Yeah I know...I'M getting bored ...and old. :)

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#97  Edited By ptys

If I were you guys (I'm waiting till after next E3 to back a horse) I'd get Watch Dogs and... Forza, maybe KI?

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? You can get a PC for $500 that plays Forza 5?

MindGrinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"There are quotes and other nonsense that I could put here, but who cares?"

What the fuck kind of journalist says that? I expect better from you, Patrick.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Grimluck343

@mindgrinder said:

"There are quotes and other nonsense that I could put here, but who cares?"

What the fuck kind of journalist says that? I expect better from you, Patrick.

The fuck is this about? Some Microsoft PR rep piss in Patrick's cheerios?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.