Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 29, 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X from MonolithSoft is an open-world action RPG about humanity escaping the destruction of Earth and fighting off their attackers with transforming mechs on an alien planet. It is the spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 40 minute demo from Treehouse

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Can't comment too much on it since I'm still in the middle of watching, but the premise is citizens of Earth had to evacuate after an alien battle was waged and caused the destruction of the planet. I'm going to theorize that one of the alien species was trying to defend Earth and is perhaps future-Earth.

They made a Charlie Tunoku looking dude for the demo.

Video links:

Part 1

Part 2

Edit - Live impressions:

• Elma waifu etc etc
    • You can change your weapons and it seems like your arts change with the weapon? If so, great! Nope, it's just melee and ranged. Not sure if it affects arts.
    • Levels show up above enemy heads. Super useful!
    • Awesome music is back
    • Alien Dinosaurs
    • You know what side of the monster you're on. Again, useful change.
    • The immense scale of the monsters they populate the world with is impressive.
    • Sick JRPG electric guitar music
    • Is Elma a cyber-Witcher?
    • Battle menu allows you to give direct commands to partners during a fight. Was that in the last game? Seems like a good addition.
    • Neo Los Angeles
    • Woah, a ton of class specialization and the ability to switch class within battle
    kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ah thanks for this.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Those faces ...

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also that name is awful. Why not just call it Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Don't like the character designs, the monster designs are fine. Gameplay-wise it looks kinda like a MMO. Could be pretty good. Certainly one of the more impressive looking Wii U games, and one of the few that's not made of yarn or some such cuteness.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aegon

Finished watching it.

I dig it. Really really dig it. This game is hitting all the right spots. Not sure if the story will be of the same quality as the rest of it, but right now I'm glad I have a Wii U.

@kishinfoulux: I'm guessing that's because this is not a sequel. The two games are not set in the same world. I guess you could say "who cares" but the answer would probably be "the developers".

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched this earlier and it looked like it's going to scratch that same itch the first Xenoblade did for me. The gameplay and music seemed fantastic and I'm interested in hearing more about the story. The only thing that seemed off to me was that the character you create seemed like he had this clueless blank stare in all of the cut scenes.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By confusedowl

So are they going to release such a limited quantity in NA that it's going to be $150 on Amazon and Ebay the day of release? I might have to get this even though I probably won't have a WiiU at the time just so I can afford it.

Anyway it does look very cool. I really enjoyed the first one so I am looking forward to trying this one out.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aegon

@ezakael said:

So are they going to release such a limited quantity in NA that it's going to be $150 on Amazon and Ebay the day of release? I might have to get this even though I probably won't have a WiiU at the time just so I can afford it.

I hope that won't be the case this time. Especially since we're getting demos here in NA. That seems like a sign of them caring more about getting the game in the hands of the Western audience this time around.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@aegon said:

@ezakael said:

I hope that won't be the case this time. Especially since we're getting demos here in NA. That seems like a sign of them caring more about getting the game in the hands of the Western audience this time around.

I think that the response to the original really turned NOA around. The limited release probably sold a lot more than they were really expecting given that it was produced in small quantities and only available through either Gamestop or Nintendo's own website. People wanted Xenoblade Chronicles, and now, based on that response, NOA is willing to double down on Xenoblade Chronicles X. Say what you will about NOA's hesitance with the original, but their more open desire to market and release this new game is commendable.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've had a difficult relationship with JRPGs in the past, but I really enjoyed Xenoblade and X is looking even better. I'm picking this up for sure along with about a half-dozen games they showed.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Now reprint Xenoblade Chronicles.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, I can't wait to watch this. I think this will be the game that says "copyrights be damned!" And really ties all the Xeno games together.

A couple of predictions:

1. The Zohar/Zophar (or similarly named equivalent) will play a big part in this game.

2. Elma will be some how associated with the creation of something just close enough to Kos-mos to not get sued.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those faces ...

...kind of remind me of the art style of Xenogears, in a way.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

Finished watching it.

I dig it. Really really dig it. This game is hitting all the right spots. Not sure if the story will be of the same quality as the rest of it, but right now I'm glad I have a Wii U.

@kishinfoulux: I'm guessing that's because this is not a sequel. The two games are not set in the same world. I guess you could say "who cares" but the answer would probably be "the developers".

They could just call it something else then. Hell just "X" would've been better.

Whatever though I'm gonna play the hell out of it most likely so it's irrelevant.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This looks fantastic.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Really looking forward to this. I actually just got a hold of Xenoblade Chronicles this week and its on its way to me as we speak. The next couple of weeks should be great!

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: They said it was a "sequal" in spirit only and that the game shares themes with the previous games. This is just my speculation (and love for the series) but the X is present because the scene they showed us has a massive ship carrying humanity and crashing on a foreign planet. This is what happened in Xenogears. The way the X is stylized is in no way an accident.

I personally cannot be more exited for this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
    deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is absolutely no possible way I could not be any more hyped for this game than I am right now.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

Can't wait for this. There is just something about their eyes that doesn't click right with me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hailinel said:

Say what you will about NOA's hesitance with the original, but their more open desire to market and release this new game is commendable.

Commendable why? It's simple business. People in the US want more Xenoblade and the people who didn't get to play Xenoblade want it too, so they are giving them Xenoblade, but with mechs to further increase sales.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks neato. Console jrpgs just don't get made in the numbers that they used to, so I could see this pushing me into buying a Wii U, eventually.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Because they aren't being hesitant with the game and are actively pushing it.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Words can't describe how happy I am that Xenoblade is getting a sequel. I don't care what people say, Xenoblade has one of the best video game stories out there, and I can't wait to see how it connects.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the videos OP looks stupidly awesome. They just need to drop a release date so I can know when it is finally time to buy a Wii U.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By DeadpanCakes

My knee-jerk reaction after the name's reveal was pretty much wholly negative, but after watching the video I'm feeling a little more optimistic. How I felt about the first game reminds me of when I hear people describe their feelings on Dragon's Dogma: I really loved the concept of the game, but the way some ideas were executed made it constantly grating. The gameplay looks unsurprisingly iterative, but I think that that's what I needed out of this.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks interesting ... too bad it is only on wii U :( also I do like the faces I dunno what you people are talking about.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty excited for this, is it the first major rpg on Wii u? Is there anyway to get xenoblade for less than 30 pounds? I know it was a limited quantity release but it's still a little much preowned.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aegon
    cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By cloudymusic

@obcdexter said:

Those faces ...

Yeah, it's always been a turn-off to me. They remind me of dolls or something.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gokaired

Loved the first game this one will own just as much territory.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

They're about to show more Xenoblade on Treehouse.

It looks like they're going through the same part of the game, though.

They did, but they did take some detours and such they didn't in the first go-round. The original play is on Nintendo's Youtube channel now and this second go will probably be posted as well.

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game's existence makes me very happy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.