Zombie Night Terror

It is Lemmings but with Zombies

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I am surprised there is nothing on GB about this game that came out on Steam a couple of days ago because it is really cool. If you have ever played Lemmings this game will be very familiar to you. Each level is basically a puzzle where you have to complete the goal to go onto the next level. The goal will be something like "get a zombie to the exit" or "kill X number of humans". Each level also has a Challenge Goal like "kill ALL humans" or "destroy the Van" or "kill the drug lord". These goals can be pretty tough because humans can be stuck away in seemingly inaccessible corners of the level. The van can be filled with guys with crowbars that can smash zombie heads. The drug lord can be surrounded by goons with shotguns. The only controls you have are to mutate zombies into other forms and a switch on some doors to indicate if the zombies should break the door or not. Like you could mutate a zombie into one that makes the others go a certain direction or throws them over a gap.

The story seems very loose so far. I am about 8 levels in out of 40. The tiny bits of story seem to be just to set up humorous situations. It has the same feel as the movie Return of the Living Dead. I just played a level that was straight out the teens having a party in the graveyard scene from RotLD complete with girl dancing naked on a grave. The graphics are all lo-res pixel art so what gore there is amounts to red pixels splattering around.

I only have a couple of minor negative things to say about the game so far. One is that there is no checkpointing, so if you make a mistake 75% of the way through a level you need to start over from the beginning. Once I set my guy to throw zombies over a gap and when it threw them they hit their heads on this beam and fell into the abyss. Oops. Another issue I have is when going for some challenges you have to be careful not to be too efficient in killing humans. Because it seems they have it set that the level ends once all humans are dead. So it doesn't work to kill all the humans and then go destroy the van, eg.

So this is a fun game if you are into this sort of thing. $13 on Steam, $11 release sale promotion on now.

BlurryW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Great post!
    I have been considering looking into this game myself. It's currently on sale and I havent had time for bigger games lately so this seems perfect

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.