Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

7 Days to Die

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 13, 2013

7 Days to Die is a voxel-based, open world sandbox survival game.

The game is so busted(PS4).

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twiggy199

Jesus, where do I start with this game?. I was on the game for about 5 hours with a friend, got all our house built up, finished the tutorials, started getting some cool weapons and armour then my friend says "hey, I'm just gunna jump off for 5 mins, back soon".

Little did we know that we were about to loose the five hours played together, he tried to rejoin and just got stuck on the loading screen about 4 times with no luck. He even uninstalled the game and reinstalled, no luck.

So, I quit out and tried to restart the server, it crashed out and when it restarted the app all our saves had been corrupted and deleted.

At this point we just made a new server, this time there were three of us, so about an hour in, I just had to pop out to the shop down the road, came back and it loaded up fine, went to go into the inventory, the game froze!. I did this again another five maybe six times, the same thing happend. Having to watch the boot up screen that many times was getting frustrating. If you've played it you'll know about how many logos come up at startup. So the other friend said "I'll check to see if happens to me". It did, again and again and again. The friend running the server restarted it to see if that would help. The game corrupted and deleted the saves again!.

So I just said "look, I'm not playing this game until I see the update notification pop up". So yeah this game need some serious updates, every so often things will teleport in, it locks up every 2 mins for about 2 seconds, you walk ridiculously slow, nothing is explained, I could go on...

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nardak

I think that the thing that annoys me most with these console versions is the fact that this game is still in early access on steam. This game became available on early access on 13 of december 2013 and the latest version is still called "alpha 14.7".

To me it is amazing that games which are still in early access state on steam are being converted into console versions when even the original version of the game isnt released yet.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... This no I'll avoid this one

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twi: I would, until an update appears, it's so shocking how bad it actually is!.

Panther2103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is it listed as early access on the PS4? I feel like it wasn't really finished or even close to it on the PC when I played it last like a month or so ago, so I have no idea what would make them port it without being completely done with the game, and if it isn't listed as a Early Access title on the PS4 then that would be really bad.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Another Dave Langbanger! (IG ported it to ps4. Didn't develop the whole game)

Loading Video...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks they released an early access game as a full console release, guess the best thing to do now is just file a bug report and spam dave lang on Twitter.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

I don't wanna be that guy but it looks like one of these dime a dozen Day Z/Minecraft/zombie amalgamations that hardly ever look like quality made products. I've never seen one of those games appear to even have an end goal in sight. It's like someone comes up with the initial idea that it's going to be an open server crafting game and then the creative juices all but dry up. Maybe I'm just not the target audience, but I played the heck out of Minecraft back in the day so I get the appeal of simply building stuff for the sake of building it. Thing is in Minecraft the blocklike nature gave you unprecedented freedom to create whatever you wanted. These 'sim' type zombie games have pre-fab recipes which don't seem to offer even a fraction of the same freedom.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Had no idea that you could release early access versions on consoles. That sounds like a bad plan. That early access banner isn't there for nothing. People deserve to know what they buy into.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: From what I've played you're not wrong. It's extremely complicated, I feel like I've learned nothing from the game.

Jdezzy62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping for a quick look of gameplay before purchasing but if its this busted I wont bother.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We found a fix!. Before you start any individual game wether it be continuing a server or joining one, you have to just go into options> character select, and just change character. Even if I jump off for 2 mins(leave the server) before I rejoin I need to to the above. You'll have all your equipment too. Hope this helps someone one day as it took us ages to figure it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.