Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

7th Dragon

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

An RPG developed by Sega and Imageepoch about a group of heroes who must kill all the dragons who rule the planet in order to prevent the extinction of the human race.

7th Dragon - "No Plans"

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    According to Sega's official Twitter page, they have no plans to release the awesome looking 7th Dragon in the West: 

No Caption Provided

"To my knowledge there's no plans to bring 7th Dragon westward at this present time I'm afraid. But never say never."

This is no confirmation at all, this could be a case of some guy in front of a computer being misinformed...but if it's not, damn these fools!

The imageepoch developed role-playing title is highly regarded amongst Japanese gaming otaku and is eagerly awaited by many RPG lovers in the West, including myself. If you didn't know already, both Rieko Kodama and Yuzo Koshiro worked on this fine game.  

7th Dragon
    (Famitsu - 9/8/8/8)

Thanks to Seganerds 

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

So, it's Pokémon with dragons on the DS? (flame away)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool
    @nanikore said:
    " So, it's Pokémon with dragons on the DS? (flame away) "
    That's not a bad thing, right? 
    I think the game is much more than that and they are nuts not to translate it for the west.  The DS is this generations home of RPG.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:

" @nanikore said:

That's not a bad thing, right? I think the game is much more than that and they are nuts not to translate it for the west.  The DS is this generations home of RPG. "

It will be a huge shame if it doesn't make it over, the game looks fantastic!. According to Japanese gamers, the touch battle system is excellent, apparently it's really fast and efficient.    

I absolutely adored loved Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast, which she made also.   

I'm not happy, but an American release of Warriors of Light next year, will soften the blow a little. That's the big DS RPG I'm most looking forward to. I really love the adorable art and the games music.

My most wanted DS game for 2010  ( it looks better than Zelda:ST) 

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Luke

This game looks awesome!  I'd buy that shit in a second if released in the West. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Luke said: 

" This game looks awesome!  I'd buy that shit in a second if released in the West.  "

FF Gaiden will definitely come out in the West next year, you should consider getting it. The game got the exact same score from Famitsu Magazine as this game did, and is already much loved.  (9/8/8/8)    
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

i'm not too disappointed. I'm more angry that Sigma Harmonics and Soma Bringer have no translation plans as of yet. I'd love to see this game make the move to the west, but It's not at the top of my list

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Axersia

Soooo... does this mean Atlus can pick it up now? It wouldn't be the first time they published a Sega game.

Honestly, if Sega has no plans on localizing it they should just give it to Atlus. I'm sure they'd be interested in it and would even make it sell better than the Sega-published Sands of Destruction because they actually know how to handle RPG publishing. (For starters, they would've done more than put out a single teaser trailer 10 months prior to release and then never mention it again.)

Instead of waiting for that to happen though, I'll probably be importing the game soon before it's too late. This was right up there with Dragon Quest IX and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days as one of my most anticipated RPGs when it was announced, so I'm really disappointed Sega decided it's not marketable in the West. Especially considering they have no problem with bringing over the oddball space-sim RPG Infinite Space... (Though I suppose that might just be one of the conditions of their 4-game publishing contract with PlatinumGames.)

@nanikore said:

Where'd ya get that idea? If anything it's a Dragon Quest clone. Yes, with dragons.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Axersia

The 2625 yen (30 dollar) budget edition will be released on March 11th, so if you've been holding off on purchasing this game because you thought 60 dollars was too much for a game you won't be able to understand, now's the time to buy it. Unfortunately it'll have a nasty blue border around the boxart, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Who cares! Thanks dude!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @Axersia said:
    " The 2625 yen (30 dollar) budget edition will be released on March 11th, so if you've been holding off on purchasing this game because you thought 60 dollars was too much for a game you won't be able to understand, now's the time to buy it. Unfortunately it'll have a nasty blue border around the boxart, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right?

"
    I still haven't finished the Japanese language RPG I have (Soma Bringer, Tales of Hearts, Tales of the Tempest, Sigma Harmonics & A.S.H) - damn my lack of Japanese skills  :/
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:
    " @Axersia said:
    " The 2625 yen (30 dollar) budget edition will be released on March 11th, so if you've been holding off on purchasing this game because you thought 60 dollars was too much for a game you won't be able to understand, now's the time to buy it. Unfortunately it'll have a nasty blue border around the boxart, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right?

"
    I still haven't finished the Japanese language RPG I have (Soma Bringer, Tales of Hearts, Tales of the Tempest, Sigma Harmonics & A.S.H) - damn my lack of Japanese skills  :/ "

FAQ's will show you the way.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @Axersia said:
    " The 2625 yen (30 dollar) budget edition will be released on March 11th, so if you've been holding off on purchasing this game because you thought 60 dollars was too much for a game you won't be able to understand, now's the time to buy it. Unfortunately it'll have a nasty blue border around the boxart, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right?  "
    I still haven't finished the Japanese language RPG I have (Soma Bringer, Tales of Hearts, Tales of the Tempest, Sigma Harmonics & A.S.H) - damn my lack of Japanese skills  :/ "
     FAQ's will show you the way. "
    I have found a good translation for Tales of Hearts, but it is still hard work.  It is amazing how much you can just figure out without having a clue what they are saying though.  I got quite a few chapters into Tales of Hearts and A.S.H. before moving on.  Sigma Harmonics was a major chore though, as it had puzzles that without knowing what they were, just caused me to hit a brick wall - I loved what I played though.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

I know what you mean, I can become so accustomed I instantly recognize Kanji, 

The Tales games are pretty fortunate because of the significant fanbase the games have in the West. You should join one of the many English language Tales fans sites to aid you. I would join one of the forums if I were you. 

Still no word on a Graces Western release...

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " I know what you mean, I can become so accustomed I instantly recognize Kanji,  The Tales games are pretty fortunate because of the significant fanbase the games have in the West. You should join one of the many English language Tales fans sites to aid you. I would join one of the forums if I were you.  Still no word on a Graces Western release... "
    That better damn well hurry up - Graces will be a pre-order for me and that is a rare event indeed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.