Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ace Combat Infinity

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 20, 2014

The long running Ace Combat franchise goes free-to-play in this fighter jet combat game for the PlayStation 3.

Beta out now on PS3, anyone playing?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Just downloaded it and trying it out now.

Foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just started playing it. I haven't played an Ace combat game since the psx days and I'm having a blast. I might give the multiplayer a try a little later on hopefully there will be people playing it.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Had no Idea this was available yet. I'm in.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is singleplayer content? is there a story if so I'll give it a try since I was once a huge AC fan before the 360 exclusive and the last horrific FPS one.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By egg

@mikejflick said:

There is singleplayer content? is there a story if so I'll give it a try since I was once a huge AC fan before the 360 exclusive and the last horrific FPS one.

There will be a story mode in the full game, not sure if it is present in the beta or how that works exactly.

But judging by Foo's post there is single player content in the beta.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

There's only like two missions in the single player which was good for getting a feel of how it plays. I've never played an Ace Combat before so I was surprised about how easy it was to understand. I think the timer to get fuel for multiplayer is super stingy though.

I have had fun.... well, whenever it lets me play the damn thing.

CaptainNovolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I haven't messed with it too much, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the full version. Hopefully the Free to Play shit won't get in the way too much.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

It really feels like the game is picking up where 6 left off. IN A GOOD WAY. Takes place on our earth but meteors came in 1994.

I guess the excuse for the multiplayer is that we have 3d printers that can print airplanes.

I just wish it weren't a F2P game. I would totally pay 60 for the campaign and some multiplayer action.

The tech tree seems bad.

@captainnovolin said:

I haven't messed with it too much, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the full version. Hopefully the Free to Play shit won't get in the way too much.

Well you can only play two mp matches every 4 hours. But if its anything like driftopia it should be easy to keep playing without paying.

Its also really stupid that the room has to be completely full before you can start a match. I would opt to play with all bots if I could just because its hard to find a match at night.

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By thevamp25

So far just playing the two beta story missions make up for that shitty Assault Horizon game. It feels like AC5 and 6 did. Need to try the co op mission though.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@devil240z said:

I just wish it weren't a F2P game. I would totally pay 60 for the campaign and some multiplayer action.

Same. But the reactions from people here are encouraging so far. I'm looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully the F2P-ness won't spoil the otherwise good parts of the game.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

The beta is winding down and I ground enough Online Co-Op Missions to unlock and purchase the F-15C (~70,000 credits). The core action is the Ace Combat I love, but that didn't stop me from worrying over the amount of grind the full release will have. It took about 5-8 hours to get my F-15C and that's with activating the contracts that boosts research and credit gains.

My biggest concern is the Fuel system, the game's energy/fatigue system that counts down and limits your flight time. I don't like fatigue systems in general, but the current allotment of 2 units (or 2 multiplayer or single player missions) for free is extremely limiting. It makes wish I could just Bandai Namco $60 to have the freedom of play and a more sensible pace to unlocking content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.