Anybody else remember this heap of awesome?

#1 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

I had it on the GBA, it was THE SHIT! It had a licensed soundtrack (yes the GBA version, how cool is that?) and it's gameplay was a lot like THPS2-THPS3 for GBA. Also, I'm thoroughly convinced I should buy the PS2 version of the game, as it is very cheap.

#2 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

haha, I rented this game a looooooong time ago on PS2. I remember it being fun and weird and awesome. Just the other day I was thinking about this game, in fact, haha. It was pretty fun, actually. I didn't even know there was a GBA version.

#3 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -
@RaccoonusDoodus said:
" haha, I rented this game a looooooong time ago on PS2. I remember it being fun and weird and awesome. Just the other day I was thinking about this game, in fact, haha. It was pretty fun, actually. I didn't even know there was a GBA version. "
It will NEVER EVER happen, but there totally should be an Aggressive Inline 2, I'd really like to see what they'd do with it.
#4 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (324 posts) -

Yeah, like that's ever going to happen :/ but it would be pretty cool. I liked this game a lot, never bought it though. And off the top of my head, I can't name another inline skating game.

#5 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -
@RaccoonusDoodus said:
" Yeah, like that's ever going to happen :/ but it would be pretty cool. I liked this game a lot, never bought it though. And off the top of my head, I can't name another inline skating game. "
Really odd fact here, there was a GBA inline skating and racing game called X-BladeZ, not a single person reviewed it.
#6 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3215 posts) -

I remember playing this game a LOT. I've probably put 80+ hours into it. And God, that soundtrack was good.
#7 Posted by Drebin_893 (2926 posts) -

I loved this game on the PS2.

#8 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -
@birdflu777 said:
" I remember playing this game a LOT. I've probably put 80+ hours into it. And God, that soundtrack was good. "
Hell yeah.  Played this on the Xbox and that's probably what I remember most, GREAT soundtrack.  Whenever I hear "Don't Sweat the Technique" I think of this game.  The gameplay was very solid for one of those classic style extreme sports games.
#9 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3215 posts) -

Don't Sweat the Technique. Hell yes.
#10 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

lol, fruit boots.

#11 Posted by Scheds (464 posts) -

I remember that game holding me over for a few months until THPS 4 came out. It was a great game! I had forgotten all about it but now I want to check it out again.

#12 Posted by Najaf (295 posts) -

I remember three things from that game: 
1: It was hell'a good 
2: You could skitch a plane! 
3: You could handplant the Arc of the Covenant! (museum level easter egg)

#13 Posted by Rirobuge (163 posts) -

How else would I have ever been introduced to "An Idea for a Movie" by the Vandals.

#14 Edited by ThePwnee (234 posts) -
@Rirobuge said:

" How else would I have ever been introduced to "An Idea for a Movie" by the Vandals. "

I forgot one thing about the guy
Who had gained the ability to fly
It was actually only for a foot or two
And only an inch or so high

Edit: Just realized, it was also the first time I ever heard Reel Big Fish. Go figure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.