Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 10, 2013

Sequel to 2010's Amnesia: The Dark Descent, this time developed by thechineseroom, with Frictional Games producing and publishing.

A Machine for Speculation

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Akeldama

Survival horror fans of Giant Bomb!

Let the speculation begin. Which new mechanics would you like to see introduced to the game? Do you think combat will still be nonexistent? And what of the engine? The game is developed by the Dear Esther crew and they have experience with the Portal 2 era Source Engine.

Any ideas? Hopes?

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FritzDude

I've not done much research on the Amnesia, but Is this the next proper Amnesia or more like that Justine update? But anyway, combat should never be implemented to the game because it would take away a lot of the fear in my opinion, but if so they need it to be panicking & intense and not Penumbra.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By beforet

I kinda hope they change the sanity mechanic. It was novel at first, but towards the middle and end it was more of an annoyance, and actually made me less scared due to the whole "oh right, video games" aspect of it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

I would pay all my monies for a Speculation Machine

Cslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cslaw

I hope combat is still nonexistent, as soon as i get a weapon i loose that sense of vulnerability that the first game did so well.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Akeldama

@FritzDude said:

I've not done much research on the Amnesia, but Is this the next proper Amnesia or more like that Justine update? But anyway, combat should never be implemented to the game because it would take away a lot of the fear in my opinion, but if so they need it to be panicking & intense and not Penumbra.

full sequel

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SlasherMan
    @FritzDude said:

Combat was removed in Penumbra Black Plague (the sequel to Penumbra). That was a really fantastic game, probably enjoyed it more than Amnesia myself!
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By AlexW00d

Frictional have their own engine they have just updated to 3.0 so I highly doubt they'll use the Source engine for this, would be a huge waste.

Anyway, I want there to be someone to hold my hand when I play it, 'cause god damn that game fucked me up.

Xsjado911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xsjado911

@Cslaw said:

I hope combat is still nonexistent, as soon as i get a weapon i loose that sense of vulnerability that the first game did so well.

Agreed

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

If there is combat it better be a pig-flinging machine to make good on its title.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Amnesia II: Agrippa: The Grippening.

You play as Agrippa's severed head, which has become a prominent leader in the meatpacking industry. Until one day,when your adopted son Rudolph decides he wants to run the company himself, throwing you into the pig pen. Luckily, you are able to convince the pigs to elect you as their leader, and you lead a revolt, destroying the sausage factory and leading a global livestock uprising. But in the end, the pigs' ego becomes too much, and it is revealed that they are the true monsters.

MasterBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12  Edited By MasterBrief

Well from the last picture, the one all the way on the right, on the Next Frictional Game site there is a body on a sort of track system. The other pictures are of an engine room and control room so my guess is there is some sort of feeding system for pigs since pigs will eat human flesh (We've all seen Snatch haven't we?). Maybe they are just pigs or some sort of hybrid and its a weird scientist doing research or something. That's my 2 cents. As for the combat, I think the game will be far better without it it only adds to the horror of the game.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Winternet

This is seriously one of my eagerly awaited games for 2012.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ShaggE

@Winternet said:

This is seriously one of my eagerly awaited games for 2012.

Same here. If I were to list my top ten gaming experiences, Amnesia would hold at least four places, and Penumbra would hold two more.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No combat, better implementation of the sanity mechanic, I got sick of that by the end.

Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

Bacon is the scariest meat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.