Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 27, 2019

Debut game for Panache Digital Games, a studio founded by Patrice Désilets, creator of the Assassin's Creed series.

What're your thoughts on this game?

uber_skedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I'm tossing up whether to pick this up and sink some time into it.

The quick look left me firmly on the fence, but curious to see if it develops much beyond the opening hour. There seems to be a bit of a lack of general player chatter/opinion out there about it either.

So has anyone here played it? What are your thoughts? Did you enjoy your time with this game?

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I really enjoyed my first 20 or so hours with it (out of 45 total), despite an unfortunate setback that forced me to restart (my first post-evolution camp came with a free saber-toothed cat). At that point, it turned into diminishing returns, and the focus shifted from exploring new areas and objects to just repeating the breeding loop, which is tedious and takes forever (it's also boring in the game, hey-oooo!). Maybe worth grabbing it on the very cheap, but if at some point it starts to lose the charm, you might as well jump ship, because it's just going to be more of that.

uber_skedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

@peezmachine: thanks! That sounds like a decent enough chunk to make it worthwhile. I was worried the grind might set in after the first couple of hours but it sounds like there's enough happening in the early - mid game to keep the magic going.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.