Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Anor Londo

Location » linked to 2 games

The deserted city of the gods, located high atop the kingdom of Lordran.

Our beloved cherub plays beautiful tunes about Anor Londo

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How could I have missed this gem by Justin McElroy?

Personally I never struggled that much with this place as so many other did. Not even those two archers everybody hates.

But man it was a beautiful setting. I remember somebody on Twitter mentioning that it was based on Il Duomo in Milan, Italy

No Caption Provided

The lighting in particular casting shadows over all these gorgeous structures and carvings really made this part of the game stand out. Also the fact that it seemed in such pristine condition, yet so desolate (Even the enemies were more or less static statues until they engaged in battle) gave off a deep sense of loneliness and made you ponder how full of people it must've been back in it's glory.

It really is one of my favorite levels, aesthetically speaking, of all time. Just gorgeous.

I also think Desperado is a pretty great song. Here's a great cover by Johnny Cash (Screw The Eagles! The Tori Amos and Kenny Rogers version are better too)

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cramsy

Beautiful level but bullshitcocksuckerfuckingpieceofshit hard. The view when the gargoyles drop you off at the top of the stairs gets me every time

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By psylah

Anor londo was easy compared to the trip down to Quelaag's domain.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maajin

For a short while I hoped it was a extended version or maybe a live performance for the ages...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cramsy: I think I got off a bit lucky since I'd been grinding my ass off around the Darkroot Basin, Darkroot Garden and a few trips around Sen's Fortress until I finally delved into Anor Londo. Pyromancy is a blessing against those huge golems.

Plus I had an invisibility ring to get up close to those damn archers.

Probably gonna have a bitch of a time when I return there during NG+. Especially since I haven't played Dark Souls in months, so my skills have probably deterirated a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very tangentially related, but the Desperado melody reminded me of this moment from the classic GFW Radio when Chuff Love and Bobito serenaded Shawn Elliott

EDIT: Coming soon!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

There's an Anor Londo forum? Fantastic! Best level/area in any RPG period, in all phases of the game even.

Edit: Shame AC never went there, clearly need to kill some guards and eagle vision from every Gothic Cathedral in the world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.