Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA III

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 12, 2013

Arma 3 is the third core game in the simulation and modern combat Arma franchise developed by Bohemia Interactive.

Is there a Giant Bomb Arma 3 group/clan thing?

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really want to get into arma 3 but I have heard the game is at it's best played with a group.

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I would like to play Arma 3 with some duders as well. I suck, and don't have much time into it. But the co-op has been fun with randoms so I'm sure it'd be great if we would get a group. PKB Noitwont on steam.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
    The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMA is def the best when played in a large group. I'm a member of the 72nd Airborne I should be on Sat for most of the day, feel free to jump on our TS and hit me up, my name on there is T. Sulaco.

There's a few BombDuders on there but I'm hands down the biggest fan of GiantBomb the unit has.

Few things to look out for when hunting down an ARMA unit:

- Organization: Lots of units fall apart after a few months due to a lack of this, if you can find a well organized unit with stoked members the chances are good it will be around for a while

- Play style: There's a bit of variety in how milsimmy units get, some are super hardcore and make members do virtual pushups and shit while others are total clusterfucks that are untrained and unorganized. The unit I'm a part of is milsim but not overly so, we still have a good time but also put effort into training etc.

- PvP vs PvE: Some units are primarily player vs player while others are constructed around co-op player vs enemy missions, in the 72nd we do custom campaigns that run for 2 months or so vs AI but we host custom created PvP's on Sundays. It's a good mix.

- Modset: The types of mods a unit uses can have a huge impact on playstyle, find out what kind of mods the unit you're looking to join uses to see if they'll jive with your vision of ARMA

- Forces: Is it an infantry only unit or is the unit comprised of multiple teams of Air (fixed wing and rotary), Armour(tanks and apc's), SFODA(special forces and recon), Weapons(AT and HMG's)?

The big thing with joining an ARMA unit is commitment, no matter which unit you join, they'll all require at least some sort of time commitment from you, the 72nd requires members there on either Friday eve or Saturday eve for operations or trainings. Other than that you're all good and of course real life shit comes first so if you can't make it we get it.

Anyway, hope that cleared some ARMA stuff up for you, feel free to ask any other ARMA or unit questions or stop by the 72nd Team Speak and I'll do what I can to help out any fellow GiantBomb Duders.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_starfighter: I might hit you up on this, I played ungodly hours in United Operations before the great blow up after ARMA 3 came out, been looking for a new group. Thanks for the heads up

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
    The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ravingham91

Thanks for help guys i might get around to having a look at 72nd airborne.

TheMightyFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got Arma 3 this weekend and am slightly obsessed with it, I didnt have a substantial gaming pc until recently. If anyone is still around I would love to get in on a unit. Hope everyone is staying safe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.