It appears as if Microsoft is making an attempt to keep Kinect owners hooked on its first-party launch games for the hands-free controller. Kinect Joy Ride and Kinect Sports are both receiving DLC on the house, courtesy of Microsoft. Kinect Sports' free content is already available as of yesterday, but Joy Ride's no-cost addition will see a release a little later on January 4.
The Kinect Sports DLC pack, the "Party Pack" as its being called, is a meaty offering that adds six new mini-games, a total of 15 "Party Play" events, more achievements, and even a new social leaderboard feature to the core game. Major Nelson whipped up this detailed list of what you'll get upon downloading:
== TEASER ==
- SuperStriker for Soccer lets you score as many goals as you can and avoid the boots.
- Pinvaders for Bowling lets you stop the pins before they reach the hazard zone.
- Rapid Runner for Track & Field lets you run the furthest distance before you run out of time.
- Target Smash for Table Tennis lets you smash the targets to grab the score.
- Fruit Splatter for Volleyball lets you hit the fruits while dodging the bombs.
- King of the Ring for Boxing lets you knockout as many opponents as you can.
“Challenge” Feature allows you to track and compete with friends’ Mini Game scores
15 Party Play Events: New events variations of the original Mini Games you already love.
Three new goofy mascots to use in Party Play spice up the game and include:
- Zippy Zombie
- Champion Chicken
10 achievements worth 250G keep you challenged.
The forthcoming Joy Ride offering is dubbed the "Chevrolet Car Pack," and as it outright says, it adds Chevrolet cars to the game. Hilariously, you won't be able to simply go to the Marketplace to get this pack as you normally would with DLC. According to Nelson, you'll need to click on a Chevrolet ad that pops up on the dashboard (and Xbox.com) starting on January 4. The cars you'll get as a result? The Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette, and Cruze, all of which can be used across all the game's modes.