Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Chronicles

Franchise »

A three-part sub-series of the Assassin's Creed series, each taking place in a different location and time period than the last.

Are These Games Worth It?

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All three of these games are on sale for 17.99 on PSN. Have any bombers here played any of them and know if they might be worth playing?

I generally have enjoyed the Assassin's Creed franchise and I also like 2D sleath platforming games. I haven't really seen anyone talk about the last two games to come out, so I wasn't sure how people felt about them.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantlennonx_x:

I played the first one (China I think?) for about two hours. The gameplay isn't that fun and I couldn't tell you what the hell was going on story wise but the art style is very provocative. It looks just like a brush painting most of the time. I've seen videos on the other two and they all have their own distinctive style which I think is rather charming. Other than that though your money might be better spent elsewhere unless you're into just appreciating the way it looks.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@giantlennonx_x:

I played the first one (China I think?) for about two hours. The gameplay isn't that fun and I couldn't tell you what the hell was going on story wise but the art style is very provocative. It looks just like a brush painting most of the time. I've seen videos on the other two and they all have their own distinctive style which I think is rather charming. Other than that though your money might be better spent elsewhere unless you're into just appreciating the way it looks.

That's a shame. I was curious about these since I also really dig the AC games too.

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

freedom cry is 6 bucks. thats infinitely better, ill tell you that.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ericjasonwade

@rorie:

I think the idea of taking the AC formula and applying it to a 2D perspective is novel but the actual product suffers from being tied to that and not embracing it's own ideas. Like I said though, they are pretty.

@mathj@giantlennonx_x Do what he said.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

For all 3 I think that's worth it. Pretty amazing art in those games, boring as they may be. 6 bucks isn't a bad admission price to look at some art.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericjasonwade: I sometimes tend to overlook gameplay flaws if the artstyle and direction is charming enough (unravel is a recent example). 17.99 seemed like an acceptable price point for three games, so that was mainly why I was curious. I also for whatever reason really like the AC franchise.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ericjasonwade

@giantlennonx_x:

Then for sure dude! I think you will be happy with your purchase then!

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think that's a decent price for all three. I've enjoyed playing China, but didn't get around to the other two. I've heard they're not as good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.