Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

Assassins Creed Unity is TERRIBLE

MrAWESOME247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I give up on this game.

The game is a buggy mess which i dont think they well ever sort out. Its right up there with Assassins creed 3. With the amount of problems this game has , i dont get how some people are saying its right up there with AC2, it does not even come close.

I was near the end of the game and tried really hard to finish it but i just cant do it.

Its a shame as well cause i really wanted to like this game but it just does not help when i'm constantly fighting with it .

I really hope this does terrible for them and hits them hard .

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The only bug I've had so far is the occasional NPC floating or bring stuck in the ground. I've never cared about AC, so I can't judge the story or gameplay fairly. What types of bugs are people having? I've been lucky enough to avoid most of it so far.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the unique perspective on the game. I don't think I've seen any critical reactions to the game yet so it's a good thing you wrote this post, I might have bought the game thinking it was good otherwise.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FrostyRyan

I'm shocked

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rollingzeppelin: Yeah I can't believe someone expressed their opinion about a video game on a message board of a video game website. Especially on the forum for the game in question.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Yeah dude, we know...

MrAWESOME247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingzeppelin: The game is not great at all avoid it at all costs .

For me its the biggest disappointment of 2014, they had the chance to do something awesome but they failed in all areas.

They keep saying the traversal has been improved but its pretty much the same like its always been .

I was looking forward to this all year and i am devastated that its ended up the way it has .

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: I know right. It's so refreshing to get such a vast spectrum of opinions and insight on these forums. It creates such interesting and thought provoking discussion, really expands the horizons.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I disagree.

MadBootsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Wow, I had no idea.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Aside from performance issues I've had no major issues with this game (I'm playing on the PC.) Definitely not one of the best AC games but I'm enjoying it well enough.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the unique perspective on the game. I don't think I've seen any critical reactions to the game yet so it's a good thing you wrote this post, I might have bought the game thinking it was good otherwise.

Dude's expressing his opinion of a game he played in a video game forum. Maybe if you found your way here, you're clicking on every link that mentions Unity and that it's a bad game, so I can see why you might be a little burnt out on it. It's okay to stop clicking.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Yes it is undeniably even if it didn't come out with all the technical issues.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I finished the week before last and found it totally underwhelming. I got into the series on Brotherhood, enjoyed AC III, and had lots of fun with Black Flag, but Unity and Watch Dogs have totally soured me on Ubisoft. A man can only get swindled so many times by the same dev before he stops opening his wallet.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I actually quite like the game and haven't experienced any bugs through 6 chapters, though the framerate is pretty terrible.

Still, I find that it hearkens back to the best in the series which was ACII and I'm totally fine with playing a better looking ACII.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bargainben

The rift stuff is kinda cool that's about it. Ignoring all the headway the series made in the last 5 games (Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Liberty, 4) was kind of a silly thing to do. Who was asking for a Coke Classic AC experience. You saw the wild success of 4 and went "well enough of that experiment lets get back to what people really want, which is stuff from 4 games ago".

Plenty of people very clearly never played the game and are piling on over shit that's been fixed in the last 3 patches and that's pretty stupid. Think for yourself. Actually play the game and gain legitimate grievances.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

LOTR_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've enjoyed it. It's flawed, a bit buggy (not nearly as bad now) but I've really enjoyed my time with it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@meatball said:

I've enjoyed it. It's flawed, a bit buggy (not nearly as bad now) but I've really enjoyed my time with it.

I'm curious what you'll think after the last patch (4) that they're releasing which is supposed to improve performance. Have you seen any performance gains after the last few patches?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By MEATBALL

@humanity said:

@meatball said:

I'm curious what you'll think after the last patch (4) that they're releasing which is supposed to improve performance. Have you seen any performance gains after the last few patches?

Moment-to-moment, no, it seems largely the same (and most of the time it's "acceptable" if you've been playing Assassin's Creed on consoles all this time - or if you have low standards like I do, anyway :P). In a couple of specific locations on the map where the framerate dropped to one of the most horrendous rates I'd ever seen - whilst climbing a stained glass window or descending down the side of a cathedral - those drops have been fixed and instead it just runs at basically the same (inconsistent) framerate.

So it's more consistent overall thanks to those problem areas being fixed, but it's still a fairly low and inconsistent framerate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.