Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, this game's story picks up right after the events of Assassin's Creed II, showing Ezio Auditore traveling to Rome to recruit a new force of assassins. Brotherhood is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer.

Should I play.

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ItsPozer

As many of you might know Ubisoft is having a sale on steam and today it is for Assassin Creed. I have never played an AC game before and just wanted to know if i should start from the first one or just hop right into AC2 and brotherhood. From what I heard from the bombcast a few months back was just to skip AC 1 and play the other two. What do you guys think, am I going to miss out on anything by not playing the first one? Thanks.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By project343

@Pozer27: I'd say for their prices, all the games are worth it. The hardest recommendation is Revelations because it's (IMO) the worst in the series and currently the most expensive. If I sit down and think about it, Brotherhood is probably my favourite title.

I think this trailer sells Brotherhood for most people.

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ItsPozer

@project343: brotherhood is at 60% cant wait to play it :D

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

You should play.

I'd just tell you to play all of them, I'm one of the rare ones that loved Assassin's Creed.

PCWV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PCWV

@Cloudenvy: Me too.

@Pozer27: Don't just jump into brotherhood, you should look at all the story stuff. Read a wiki on AC1 but i would say play all the others.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
    BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project343: My thinking exactly. Brotherhood was the best of them all so far (gotta wait for 3 to come out, then 4 a year after that, because Ubisoft). But Revelations was alright-ish, if you overlook the 19 different bomb combos you had to learn (instead of just 4 types that could have done the same thing), or that awful tower defense mini-game.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By project343

@Pozer27: Well, don't jump right into Brotherhood. The story of Desmond (I find) is super compelling. You'll want to experience AC1 and AC2 before playing Brotherhood.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fetchfox

@Pozer27 The story of Desmond starts with the first, but the game mechanics can be little rough. ACII is masterly done compared, and I still play it from time to time. I'd say you can watch the videos from the first one on YouTube, then play ACII and Brotherhood after that again. You can't fully enjoy the story of AC:B without playing ACII.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Azteck

You really need to play the whole series. Jumping in at Brotherhood is like the worst idea ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.