Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

Quick Time Events

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JDDrewes

So what happens when you miss the QTE? i missed one in the very beginning (where you have to kiss that chick) and i thought that it was cool that the scene continued but with a different action (she kissed Ezio's neck instead of lips). but what happens if you miss some of the more important ones? like when you have to stab those guys that are holding your arms by pressing x? did anyone do this out of curiosity?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

I'm not sure about that specific scene, but if you miss it something else will happen. I missed the one where you walk into your house and that girl tries to hit you in the head and all that happened was she hit me in the head and I fell over.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nanikore
    @CL60: When you hit the button on that sequence Ezio just dodges the vase, or whatever it is she's trying to hit you with. Then the conversion is the same even if you had missed the quick-time event. They're there to add some interaction to the cutscenes, which is nice, I guess.
    JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

No.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#5  Edited By tearhead

It's just gestures you do that correspond to pressing the button. I missed one once where da Vinci wanted to give me a hug and I had to press a button to initiate said hug, I didn't press it and a quick awkward moment passed, which was kinda funny.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By applet0n

to be honest, i thought the QTE's were rather weak in AC2, I felt that they were rather awkwardly placed even if they did add some nice interaction to the game.

maybe its just that im used to sitting back during cutscenes... :/

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Laharl
    @applet0n: 
    I totally agree, they are just so few and far between that when you get used to not expecting them they pop up and your like "oh shi..." and you missed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.