Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Liberation is a Assassin's Creed game for the Playstation Vita, starring a Creole female main character named Aveline de Grandpré, who joins up with the Assassins to search for the truth behind her mother's disappearance. An HD version will be released digitally for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360.

Game Crashing Bug

Avatar image for everydayodyssey
    EverydayOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By EverydayOdyssey

Just writing to inform my fellow bombers that my digital copy of Liberation has suffered a game crashing bug making my game unplayable. In short, after completing the story and finding a host of collectibles my game no longer loads - when I click on "continue game" the game resets. I wrote a user-review recommending this game for purchase, albeit only if bought at a reduced price. I have not been able to confirm whether my problem is only unique to me. I have dropped Ubisoft support a request, but have not yet heard a response. Needless to say, if this bug is widespread then I do not suggest anyone purchase this game. Just a buyer-beware. psn: ajlangino

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

I've encountered a few bugs, even falling through the terrain once, but nothing like that thankfully.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rabid619

Yeah, I just had this happen too. Ironically it happened to me immediately after reading about it happening to someone else. Had just completed Chapter 5, and had decided I would get a bunch of the collectibles, which apparently is what triggers it.

I... kind of doubt I'll go back. I've flip flopped between loving and hating this game since I began playing, however the last couple days I started to really enjoy it, so having this happen now is poorly timed. Shame that this game has such terrible technical issues. Shame about those bad minigames, too.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

Glad I didn't get the digital copy then....

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I fell through the world twice on a retail copy. I had to restart the checkpoint once and hard quit the second time.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BlackLagoon

Hmm, I want to continue playing it, but I guess I should switch to Virtue's Last Reward instead while I wait for a patch.

Avatar image for everydayodyssey
    EverydayOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By EverydayOdyssey

Just an update - after not getting a response from Ubisoft support through the website I called and spoke with a customer representative - he was clueless. After asking me to inspect the disc - yes, he knew it was a digital copy - and, even if it wasn't, these games don't come on UMDs - he told me that he had not heard of similar problems and instructed me to delete the game (and save file) and re-download, which I did. As you can imagine, I am not going to go back and start all over - the game just wasn't that good to warrant a second playthrough under these circumstances. I hope everyone else has better luck.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By amp_1986

I had the same thing happen to me last night. Really annoying especially considering that I was probably only like a few hours away from getting the platinum. They released a patch this morning that's supposed to prevent this bug but it doesn't help save files that have already been corrupted. I might just give up on the platinum. I thinkI would to have to replay at least half of this boring ass game just to get to the point where I start getting the collectibles again.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EthanielRain

Just as an FYI, a patch was released to fix this issue. Unfortunately it isn't retroactive (it prevents this issue but doesn't fix it if it's already happened to you before the patch) :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.