Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Back to the Future

Franchise »

Back to the Future is an adventure game series based upon the movies of the same name.

Back to the Future Blu-Ray?

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Does anyone know why this hasn't happened yet?

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AltonBrown

Satan. That's the only plausible explanation.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Megalon

They haven't been able to reach the required 1.21 jiggawatts yet. 

It may be because that is not a real unit. At least, not outside of a Jay-Z album.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

Some kind of anniversary based release possibly?... also Part 2 is horrible and almost completely unwatchable now.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Megalon
    @marioncobretti said:
    "

Some kind of anniversary based release possibly?... also Part 2 is horrible and almost completely unwatchable now.

"
    That's blasphemy. Surely you meant to type part 3 at least? 

HOVERBOARDS, DUDE.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

no way.. 2 I saw all 3 of them back to back at the cinema this year... I almost wanted to leave... part 3 is fine its just a little talky and boring for stretches.. part 2 is like the most annoying kids film ever! 
    webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By webby

I would totally get it!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @marioncobretti said:
    "

"
    Bullshit, I'm watching it right now. Its great. And 3, while universally hated is still a fun film.  How is 2 unwatchable? Because of their predictions of 2015? Absurd.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GunstarRed
    @MysteriousBob:
    the dialogue is attrocious all of that helllooooooo mcfly bullshit/ any moment biff is in it. and transparent dual neckties are never going to be in fashion I dont give a fuck how crazy people get in the future.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Most older movies like this tend to look pretty terrible on blu-ray anyway..  a lot of them are just upscaled and look no better than the DVD versions.
    It's the same movie re-released in the blu-ray packaging so they can make some more money. 

The Rocky and Rambo movies, (bar the new ones) are perfect examples of this.  And I don't think Back to the Future would fair any better.  With old movies, there's only so much you can do.  Even if they did release a really high quality blu-ray version.. I wouldn't bother buying the movies again just to see them looking slightly better.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @marioncobretti said:
    " @MysteriousBob: the dialogue is attrocious all of that helllooooooo mcfly bullshit/ any moment biff is in it. and transparent dual neckties are never going to be in fashion I dont give a fuck how crazy people get in the future. "
    All of the future stuff is a joke. It is stupid on purpose. Originally they never planned for a sequel and the end of the first film was going to be a gag. After the first film was so successful they were practically forced into a sequel about the future(even though they never wanted to go there in the first place). So to make up for the fact that no one can accurately predict the future the writer's went for the opposite end of the spectrum instead. All the goofiness is a parody of films that try and predict the future. 
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Most older movies like this tend to look pretty terrible on blu-ray anyway..  a lot of them are just upscaled and look no better than the DVD versions.
    It's the same movie re-released in the blu-ray packaging so they can make some more money. 

The Rocky and Rambo movies, (bar the new ones) are perfect examples of this.  And I don't think Back to the Future would fair any better.  With old movies, there's only so much you can do.  Even if they did release a really high quality blu-ray version.. I wouldn't bother buying the movies again just to see them looking slightly better. "
    I would buy these movies ten times over.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @marioncobretti:  
    It a god damn joke. Its just an exaggerated form of the 80s. Its a bloody sci-fi comedy, not an ancient Mayan prophecy. Stop taking it so seriously. I bet you thought Nineteen-Eighty Four was crap just because the 80s weren't actually like that.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

I fully understand that, but it is just full of  horrible 80s-ness. and I just dont know how anyone could find it enjoyable.. The first film is a very  effects light, clever film about another time whilst  part 2 is like getting punched in the face by MTV repeatedly. the product placement rivals movies of today and the way it strives so hard to create an iconic catchphrase is pathetic... being reminded that everything is so "heavy" every two minutes just comes off as absolutely desperate... and the biff dialogue...yuck ... that said when it goes back to the alternate 85 is does get better... the future stuff is not clever in any way shape or form.

much prefer the third part
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GunstarRed
    @MysteriousBob:  I'm not taking it seriously...it's a movie... I was just expressing an opinion... phew.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @marioncobretti:  
    I like it because the whole film defines the 1980s. Its great. Product placement has never bothered me and Marty rarely says "heavy". I love their absurd takes on future tech. The future stuff only lasts for about a quarter of the movie anyway. 

Whatever. I'll keep enjoying this movie. Its up to the part where they go to the house.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchScabby

Well almost no Stephen Spielberg movie is on blu-ray.  There's Close encounters of the third kind and that's it I think.  I have no idea why though.  So maybe Back to the Future isn't on blu-ray because Stephen Spielberg was a producer.  Probably not, but I'm just saying.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @ArchScabby said:

" Well almost no Stephen Spielberg movie is on blu-ray.  There's Close encounters of the third kind and that's it I think.  I have no idea why though.  So maybe Back to the Future isn't on blu-ray because Stephen Spielberg was a producer.  Probably not, but I'm just saying. "

Wow now that I think about it you are right...
    If this is the case Spielberg needs to jump on the Blu-Ray Train NOW.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.