Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 03, 2017

Classic turn-based RPG combat meets action packed dungeons and stylish storytelling. Use skills and strategy to survive a lush, brutal landscape.

Battle Chasers is pretty great!

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By halodude442

So this game came out of nowhere for me, had never even heard of it before it released yesterday.

It is basically like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy merged with Darksiders (Some of the same artists)

The animations and art, plus the turn-based combat system are all great to fantastic. Maybe a little simplistic, but its super fun to get loot and progress your party, as well as the shift from overworld to dungeons is pretty fucking great. Play this duders.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was looking forward to this since E3. Looks right up my alley. Turn-based gameplay mixed with awesome comic book/anime visuals. Sadly, delay on Switch means I'll be waiting for a while :(

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, theres tons of little lore notes to find, and when you find a chain of them you get a reward like gold and a good potion. The story is also pretty cool so far, I was hooked for like 6 hours straight and its cool so far.

JJMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say, I love this game. I really hope they do a quick look on this game. This studio did an amazing job and deserve to get this out there so more people can get their hands on this title.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've never heard of this. It has a look to it though. Kind of a generic name which probably isn't helping its cause.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love the art! Definitely gonna have to check it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6109c8479bb3d
    deactivated-6109c8479bb3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I.... actually Kickstarted this game, because I loved the original BattleChasers comic book.

Joe Madureira just dropped the series at some point, and it was dormant until he announced that he was making a side-story game of it with some of the ex-Darksider devs.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@hippie_genocide: It's the name of the comic which it was based on. Not that that makes it any less generic; it's just why they went with it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrific, another game. 2017 please stop.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@ripelivejam: Giant Bomb's 2017 Please Stop Award: Releasing so many good games

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I loved the old Battle Chasers comic in the 90's, so when this showed up on kickstarter, I pledged a frankly ridiculous amount, far beyond anything I've ever given to a kickstarter. The game turned out great though, and now I'm waiting for my signed Joe Mad art book. Life is good. Also, if I might mirror the sentiment in this thread: Chill out, 2017. This is getting insane.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool. Got too many games at the moment though, so I'll pick it up for cheaper down the line.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The logo looks like its from a racing game. Isn't there a racing game that was free on ps+ for ps3 recently that had a similar name?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'll end up getting this just for the art alone.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Can anyone tell me more about the game's structure and storytelling? The reviews I read make it sound like Diablo-style dungeon crawling, and I'm not interested in that. If it's more of a Persona or Tales of setup with a strong story focus, that's another thing entirely.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ATastySlurpee

Man.. This looks so cool...I just don't like turn-based RPGs...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: the review i read said it has about 40 hours of story, and combat isnt diablo its jrpg like. Reviews say ths characters and voice acting are good but the main plot is decent but pretty one note and there isn't much character development.

I also read that it is pretty unbalanced in the difficulty scaling, but the developers are looking to patch it this week.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I met some of the creative team at PAX East, seemed like super people. More people need to know about this game

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@oursin_360: I got the combat part, I meant more in the sense that Diablo is staying in one place while going down into dungeons, and beating all the enemies there, with not a ton of story. Persona 4 and 5 are pretty much the same on the surface, but there's a much bigger aspect on the story and a whole another social life/time management system inbetween the dungeons, while the Tales of games, Chrono Trigger and others are a journey from location to location with new characters and villains. So I was wondering if the story being one note, which I read too, meant that you just dive into a dungeon and then get a little bit of plot inbetween them, or if it is like a traditional JRPG in its story structure or whatever. I've got a very unclear picture of what the structure is like besides there being dungeons and at least one Inn.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

This game came out of nowhere for me. I just took a look at it last night and was quite surprised at how awesome it looked. I just figured it was some sort of mobile game port or something based on the logo and name, but was very wrong. I have no idea how I had not heard of this ahead of time.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Targets here had it on clearance for 9 dollars. I picked it up but won't be able to play for a few weeks probably. I am pretty excited. I bought it on impulse not knowing what it was, then read up on it. Looks right up my alley.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.