Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

anyone else feel recon has been nerfed a bit?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spyder335

i played as recon in bad company 2 ,and it seems in bf2 all the gadgets are fairly useless.

i use the motion detector fairly often but thats it.

all the good recon stuff has been given to support, is there any reason why support need claymoores and mortar strikes?

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sogeman

So people stop playing Recon.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Potter9156

The spawn beacon is far more useful than whatever recon had in BC2.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

Good because the Recon class was the most annoying part of Bad Company 2, especially on hardcore.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

the MaV is sex.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

Yeah it's fucking stupid. I used the SVD and Mk.11 with an RDS in the beta and it was glorious, everyone went down in 2 shots max, and I could use it long range if needed, but now it's fucking pointless. Everyone takes like 4 shots with it, at close range. When a UMP can kill someone with less shots you know something is wrong.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aishan

@Potter9156 said:

The spawn beacon is far more useful than whatever recon had in BC2.

This. And yet no-one fucking uses it.

Except, of course, for the one guy who sits at their own spawn and puts a spawn beacon down no more than 5 seconds walk away from the default spawn location.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Beaudacious

Recon is still a powerfull class, 4x sv98 is a beast of a gun. Although the gadgets are kinda boring, the soflam is such a sad gadget.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Recon was overpowerd with some of its stuff in BC game I felt. It does feel that they reduced its use but im 100% fine with that as it stopped there being a team with 10 snipers and the mobile spawn is a great addition. Swings and roundabouts.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thornie_delete

Considering how much of a problem Recon was in BC2, I have no problems with it. The SVD is actually perfect IMO. It's not bolt action and has a relatively quick firing rate, so it shouldn't take guys down with only 1-2 shots. The 3-4 it's at now IMO is perfect. Now if you unlock an M95 .50 cal and it takes 3 shots to take someone down, then we have a problem.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ericdrum

I did feel that the initial guns were definitely nerfed from the beta. But every time I have one or two guys in my squad out in the middle of nowhere sniping while we are losing, I am fine with it as I'll take anything to discourage this type of behavior. Once you can use the UMP with the Recon class, I think the class really opens up since you can still rush in and contribute with a good gun, but also place down the mobile spawn points. So for now, I'm not going to complain about the Recon class.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikey87144

Man the squad I was with and I dominated with that squad beacon. Conquest: get to the furthest flag from you so you can always force them to run back and forth. Rush: sneak up behind on offense and plant it in a inconspicuous place, defense, plant it at the most difficult objective so you always have a way to destroy their dreams.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jackel2072

rule of thumb. if you want sniper rifles to feel like sniper rifles, play hardcore. Damage model? whats a damage model? Bullets are Bullets. 

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arker101

As far as I'm concerned, the EMR-M39 beats every other Sniper in terms of TTK. The spawn beacon, soflam, and MAV look like they'd be cool for team coordinated play, but yeah most Snipers suck. Does anyone know if you can strap C4 to the MAV?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SomeJerk

Next step, nerfing asault rifles so that the games are not 49% assault 49% engineer 1.98% recon 0.02% support

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think they're fine. the spawn beacon is amazing.

only odd thing (i think) was not having a bolt-action rifle available from the outset

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By big_jon

Nope, it's easy as hell to use now.

max_mischi3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By max_mischi3f

I actually prefer the pp-2000 w

max_mischi3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By max_mischi3f

With extended mag. It's a beast of a gun, I actually get a lot of suppression assists with it. The beacon, when placed correctly, is bar none the best way to break up a defense on a point when you get a good flank. Having a squad appear in the back of a point can break the back of a defense easily. The mav is also super useful. Nothing helps your teams more then showing them where all the enemy duders are.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ericdrum

@SomeJerk: Really? I see a lot of support, they just don't know how to throw down ammo, but they are there.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jackel2072
    @ericdrum said:

@SomeJerk: Really? I see a lot of support, they just don't know how to throw down ammo, but they are there.

always be throwing ammo! 
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Wuddel

@SomeJerk said:

Next step, nerfing asault rifles so that the games are not 49% assault 49% engineer 1.98% recon 0.02% support

Really? I have played matches with like 80% of the people playing support.

I mean Recon was very powerful in BC2 by serving different play styles. First the sniper and secondly the lone wolf using shotguns and making great use of the "sensor grenades".

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By CrimsonNoir

I miss the laser designator from Bad Company 1, those where awesome.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By VisariLoyalist

the wobble on sniper rifles is so bad in my opinion you would do better with any light machine gun with bipod and 4x scope. Just burst fire and voila kill someone across the map. I do that a lot with the m249

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Sackmanjones

Thats ok. if you want to be a sniper you should have to work at it. Nothing is worse than playing a game with more than half of them snipers. My buddy has had to work on it ever since he got the game and loves it now

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skyrider

I really want to start putting some time into the recon class, not to be a sniper, but to do reconnaissance. Use that scope to spot guys, set up spawn beacons behind enemy lines so my squadmates can get the drop on them, etc. A lot of the gadgets recon gets sound really cool, but it seems like to take full advantage of what the class can do, it would take some real team coordination.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ben_H
    @Wuddel said:

@SomeJerk said:

Really? I have played matches with like 80% of the people playing support.

I mean Recon was very powerful in BC2 by serving different play styles. First the sniper and secondly the lone wolf using shotguns and making great use of the "sensor grenades".

Yep same with me. More than half play support and on smaller maps the alway just camp entrances in prone and hold down left click when people come around the corner. On Operation Metro, those who aren't spamming rockets as engineers are always support. It's really annoying. But it's okay, because I use shotguns on that map anyway and it seems to work quite well. 

Recon needed to be nerfed. It was way too good in BC2. In hardcore most of the guns were one hit kill, even the semi-automatics. I like it a lot more in BF3. It feels like BF2, where only headshots were one hit kills. One thing I don't know but have wondered is can all the sniper rifles hit a helicopter pilot if you aim right? In BF2, on the M95 could kill helicopter pilots.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SomeJerk

Then I wish I played on the servers you guys play on. Scandinavia's just that different I guess :<

Just started levelling my Assault after getting EOD Bot on the Engineer, MAV on the Recon, M60 on the Support, and it's eh. It's clear these guys are just after high scores and not dying. We all are, but cripes man, I'd love to see official rules allowing class restrictions, a fourth each tops.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.